Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Posted without comment...

Well so there ya have it. He’s still behind playbook on pass protection. 

Makes sense.  With Mahomes already hobbled, you would want the better pass blocking RB in there to protect the franchise.  KC is done if Mahomes ever has a significant injury.

• Like 1

KC's o-line looked like complete garbage last night, so I can't expect Damien to have a great line. What should be encouraging is that he had the large majority of carries and played the majority of snaps. He did not lose his job to McCoy/Darrel as we all feared. There will be better days ahead 

• Like 2

McCoy was never the sharpest tool.

Im about ready to drop him as I own he and DWill. 

Just tired of this backfield.

11 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

McCoy was never the sharpest tool.

Im about ready to drop him as I own he and DWill. 

Just tired of this backfield.

Yeah, that is basically the way it is shaping up. Don't see how you can start McCoy when DWilli is healthy, especially with Reid seeing McCoy as a liability in pass pro

the whole chiefs offense was out of wack. I like how many snaps he got though. Good sign

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

How can you be a 10 year veteran in the league, with over a month to learn a playbook, and still be behind?  That's some nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just think guys, if KC’s RBBC performed half as well as SF’s RBBC then these 100 or so pages would even matter 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Healthy scratch by week 10

Must be brutal that your team is relying so heavily on Shady. Good luck with your season. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deke said:

Must be brutal that your team is relying so heavily on Shady. Good luck with your season. 

Same can be said about anyone in this backfield lol.

• Like 1

You can take the good out of Shady but that doesn’t mean you can take the suck out of Williams. 

Dudes bad at football and Shady being bad also doesn’t change that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

And it's not like he hasn't played in Reid's system for years before.

9 hours ago, jonasdash said:

How can you be a 10 year veteran in the league, with over a month to learn a playbook, and still be behind?  That's some nonsense. 

I know Shady has issues as well but.... 

How can you expect to be the lead back when you have 31 carries for 57 yards which is a whopping 1.8ypc? That’s some nonsense. 

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Darrel gets a decent opportunity going forward to further muddy this wasteland that is the Chiefs backfield.  

• Thanks 2

That's great that Damien was in for his pass protection.  Not so great was that he seemed horrible at it.  So horrible that Reid put Darrel in to pass protect, even though Darrel did not get to touch the ball even one time.

5 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

I know Shady has issues as well but.... 

How can you expect to be the lead back when you have 31 carries for 57 yards which is a whopping 1.8ypc? That’s some nonsense. 

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Darrel gets a decent opportunity going forward to further muddy this wasteland that is the Chiefs backfield.  

31 carries is a tiny sample size. He was 5.1 in the regular season last year and 4.5 in the playoffs.

Darrell Williams is the new Darwin. Fantasy hype machines but there are reasons they are third and fourth stringers.

15 hours ago, jonasdash said:

I think for people who like to notice patterns some might conclude that there seems to be a problem with shady McCoy and being a 10 year veteran, around NFL pass protections his entire adult life and has not gotten better at it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Deke said:

Lol you know nothing about my team, but thanks for your kind words.  Actually in second place in my league of record.

The Damien drafters are the ones relying on the KC backfield when you consider that Damien was drafted in the second- and McCoy was a late round pick...

Who did you Damien drafters leave on the board? 

Fournette, K Allen, Kittle, Mack, Cooper, Golladay, Ingram, Kupp... just to name a few..

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Lol you know nothing about my team, but thanks for your kind words.  Actually in second place in my league of record.

The Damien drafters are the ones relying on the KC backfield when you consider that Damien was drafted in the second- and McCoy was a late round pick...

Who did you Damien drafters leave on the board? 

Fournette, K Allen, Kittle, Mack, Cooper, Golladay, Ingram, Kupp... just to name a few..

ouch lol

but yea this backfield has been a mess and it really shouldn't be. Fatman Reid needs to get his s--- together

I believed in Damien, am I glad another fantasy owner also believed at draft time. 😆😃

Thank you 🙏

Edited by shakestreet
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ace_King said:

31 carries is a tiny sample size. He was 5.1 in the regular season last year and 4.5 in the playoffs.

Darrell Williams is the new Darwin. Fantasy hype machines but there are reasons they are third and fourth stringers.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/20/chiefs-release-third-2018-depth-chart/

Hmm...you don’t say...

5 hours ago, Ace_King said:

That 5.1 average in the regular season was only based on 50 carries though. I think his true average is in line with his career of 3.7 yards per carry, which is still really low for a lead back.

• Thanks 1