Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Yeah, this is the first time I fell for drafting a late season RB surge. I thankfully didn't waste a top 3 pick on him, but I sure as hell wish I had Chris Carson over Damien. Both were there in the 4th round and I went with Damien.. 

 

With Mahomes out, KC's offense is going to be a mess moving forward. Damien is now just a handcuff in case McCoy goes down, and even if that happens, he'll be in a timeshare with the other Williams. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

 

 Yes, Arian Foster is a notable exception, there may be more.

The original should be amended slightly to 'Never use high draft capital on RBs that had late season surges due to injuries or other circumstances particularly if that RB has been in the league for 5 years and had done nothing prior to that and everyone on the planet knew he was a JAG'

 

Fair enough. Most drafted Damien before the McCoy signing. Going into this season, a lead back in that KC Mahomes lead high-powered offense and given how Damien ended the last season, his ADP wasnt ridiculous.

 

Just didnt work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Most drafted Damien before the McCoy signing. Going into this season, a lead back in that KC Mahomes lead high-powered offense and given how Damien ended the last season, his ADP wasnt ridiculous.

I wrote this in April:

My participation on this thread is not so much to get people to snatch up Hyde, but rather to avoid Williams. I feel like an overlooked part of winning at fantasy football is avoiding total failure in the first few rounds. Last year I was warning everywhere I could that people should stay away from Alex Collins because picking him in rd 2 or rd 3 could ruin your season. And I believe the Alex Collins type season-ruiner might be Damien Williams.

There were tons of warnings from people on this board WAY before McCoy was signed. I think his ADP was ridiculous not because of who else was in the KC RB room, but because of who Damien Williams always was and still is.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Mahomes is out, Damien Williams Truthers finally have an excuse to drop him.

"Not Damien's fault, since he's awesome.  But without Mahomes, this offense is ordinary."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

I wrote this in April:

My participation on this thread is not so much to get people to snatch up Hyde, but rather to avoid Williams. I feel like an overlooked part of winning at fantasy football is avoiding total failure in the first few rounds. Last year I was warning everywhere I could that people should stay away from Alex Collins because picking him in rd 2 or rd 3 could ruin your season. And I believe the Alex Collins type season-ruiner might be Damien Williams.

There were tons of warnings from people on this board WAY before McCoy was signed. I think his ADP was ridiculous not because of who else was in the KC RB room, but because of who Damien Williams always was and still is.

 

Hindsight is always 20/20. No one expected Damien to do well last year after Spencer Ware got hurt, but he came in and was essentially a RB1. Sure, he came into the perfect system, but that system this year had not changed too much. No one expected the Bills to cut McCoy and for KC to pick him up. Anyone who expected that was merely guessing and got lucky. 

 

I am happy to admit my mistake taking Damien. I am just thankful I took him in the 4th and only missed out on Chris Carson and not someone even better. At this point, I am throwing in the towel and not starting him again unless McCoy goes down and misses time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big 2\3 round bust! Not DWills fault though. The Shady trade totally destroyed DWills playing time feature back role.

unplayable especially with Mahomes out for 6 weeks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

I wrote this in April:

My participation on this thread is not so much to get people to snatch up Hyde, but rather to avoid Williams. I feel like an overlooked part of winning at fantasy football is avoiding total failure in the first few rounds. Last year I was warning everywhere I could that people should stay away from Alex Collins because picking him in rd 2 or rd 3 could ruin your season. And I believe the Alex Collins type season-ruiner might be Damien Williams.

There were tons of warnings from people on this board WAY before McCoy was signed. I think his ADP was ridiculous not because of who else was in the KC RB room, but because of who Damien Williams always was and still is.

 

At his ADP, many around Damien's are busts so far too: OBJ, Evans, Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery. Who would you have taken in the 2nd? Fantasy is gambling and it just didnt work out.

Good for you that you posted that back in April. I was in full on fantasy baseball mode at the time. 😆

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was bad enough that they added Mccoy but he absolutely couldn’t afford to get injured after that signing . Unfortunately he got hurt and when he came back he looked average at best .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now that Mahomes is out, Damien Williams Truthers finally have an excuse to drop him.

"Not Damien's fault, since he's awesome.  But without Mahomes, this offense is ordinary."

 

10 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Big 2\3 round bust! Not DWills fault though. The Shady trade totally destroyed DWills playing time feature back role.

unplayable especially with Mahomes out for 6 weeks

 

 

Well that was quick...

 

Obviously not fair to assume he'd do exactly the same, but if you assume that Damien Williams got EVERY SINGLE RB CARRY that the Chiefs have had this year, at his current pace he'd have 124 carries for 212 yards... So I don't think you can really say it's "not DWills fault". It's not totally his fault, but he sure as hell hasn't helped his own cause.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

 

 

Well that was quick...

 

Obviously not fair to assume he'd do exactly the same, but if you assume that Damien Williams got EVERY SINGLE RB CARRY that the Chiefs have had this year, at his current pace he'd have 124 carries for 212 yards... So I don't think you can really say it's "not DWills fault". It's not totally his fault, but he sure as hell hasn't helped his own cause.

 

That's not really a fair way to look at it. More carries a game gives you a greater chance at breaking off a big run or pass catch. Again, I am not saying Damien would be a top RB if McCoy was never signed. I think it's safe to say no one would have taken Damien in the 3 or 4 round on draft day if the McCoy signing had already happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

 

At his ADP, many around Damien's are busts so far too: OBJ, Evans, Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery. Who would you have taken in the 2nd? Fantasy is gambling and it just didnt work out.

Good for you that you posted that back in April. I was in full on fantasy baseball mode at the time. 😆


Exactly right.   You take chances on upside players in great spots.  No need to break your arm patting yourself on the back.  
 

breakouts and busts come from all different backgrounds and situations.    Condolences to those who paid the piper for Damien when he was a hot item.    Don’t let it dissuade you from taking risks trying to win.  Never easy to beat 11 other guys in any game.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

 

*eyeroll*

2009/2010 Arian Foster says hi!!!

 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Like Arian Foster 2009/2010

Zac Stacy

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins

Ty Montgomery 

Thomas Rawls

I can keep going but using the exception instead of the rule is not going to get you anywhere on this. Just take it as learning your lesson this year.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

 

*eyeroll*

2009/2010 Arian Foster says hi!!!

 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Like Arian Foster 2009/2010

Zac Stacy

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins

Ty Montgomery 

Thomas Rawls

I can keep going but using the exception instead of the rule is not going to get you anywhere on this. Just take it as learning your lesson this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kidsgotsoul said:

 

Zac Stacy

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins

Ty Montgomery 

Thomas Rawls

I can keep going but using the exception instead of the rule is not going to get you anywhere on this. Just take it as learning your lesson this year.

 

You said never

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yanksman said:

You said never

Sorry for the technicality, sport. Point still stands. Just goes to show how little of an argument there is against what I’m saying that this is the type of response it warrants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

I wrote this in April:

My participation on this thread is not so much to get people to snatch up Hyde, but rather to avoid Williams. I feel like an overlooked part of winning at fantasy football is avoiding total failure in the first few rounds. Last year I was warning everywhere I could that people should stay away from Alex Collins because picking him in rd 2 or rd 3 could ruin your season. And I believe the Alex Collins type season-ruiner might be Damien Williams.

There were tons of warnings from people on this board WAY before McCoy was signed. I think his ADP was ridiculous not because of who else was in the KC RB room, but because of who Damien Williams always was and still is.

 

*Golf clap*

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Sorry for the technicality, sport. Point still stands. Just goes to show how little of an argument there is against what I’m saying that this is the type of response it warrants.


Mccoy 2009

R Mathews 2010
 

eddie lacy, Lev Bell, Lynch, AP, Addai...all exceeded second year expectations.

 

considering a top 3 round rb only carries a 50% ROI hit rate...it’s natural people would key in on second rbs as “busts”.   The simple fact is-  you have to take chances on guys who could provide value.   

 

 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it wasn’t Shady stealing the work it would

have been Darrel Williams anyways

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

 

Zac Stacy

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins

Ty Montgomery 

Thomas Rawls

I can keep going but using the exception instead of the rule is not going to get you anywhere on this. Just take it as learning your lesson this year.

 

 

Add Jeremy Hill to this list. My first year of fantasy I auto-drafted CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill. It was not a good year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Sorry Damien Williams owners. This is the end

The end actually arrived a few weeks ago.  This is just the moment where no reasonable person can continue to deny that it did.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, CroNY said:

I am sincerely sorry you took Damien Williams in the third round or whatever that sucks, no reason to sound off on every single person who criticizes him the proof is in the results thus far. 

@Jaguars 13 carries 26 yards 2.0 YPC

@Raiders 9 carries 8 yards 0.89 YPC

Colts 9 Carries 23 yards 2.56 YPC 

I don't know how you can jump down someones throat every time they have a critique, point is he has sucked. Do I know who is going to emerge or am I peddling a narrative for Darrel or Shady no.. But Damien has not been good.

We can add 9 carries for 7 yards to this 0.78 YPC, drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly hate him. This whole mess. By virtue of his mere existence, he started it. It can all be traced back back to Williams. Therefore, as such, I blame him. 

There. How's that for insight? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Sorry Damien Williams owners. This is the end

 

There was no "beginning."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.