Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

It’s a fair point, except you could have said the same thing about McCoy two or three weeks ago. Truth is, this is anyone’s ball right now and none of us can predict who the flavor of the week will be. Start a KC RB at your own risk...

it’s not anyone’s ball right now. It’s Damiens ball right now. That’s pretty obvious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This could be the Damien Williams we all drafted for. Just took a while between injury and for Reid to sort through the backfield for him to emerge as the lead back. Is he a great runner? No. But he excels at pass pro, holds onto the football, and is a good receiving back. 

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

Well, looks like Conner's injury is going to force me to roll with Damien for the first time in over a month. Let's hope he has seized control of the backfield. 

• Haha 1

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Damien for the first time since the day before KC traded for McCoy. Jurrell Casey, Jayon Brown, and Malcolm Butler are out for tomorrow. KC should light up the scoreboard tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty good about his chances.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, meh2 said:

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Damien for the first time since the day before KC traded for McCoy. Jurrell Casey, Jayon Brown, and Malcolm Butler are out for tomorrow. KC should light up the scoreboard tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty good about his chances.

As someone playing against his owner this week, I’m feeling pretty optimistic about seeing the disappointment in this thread tomorrow night.

It’s amusing how some people still haven’t figured out that the KC RB situation is a dumpster fire....every week one camp or the other thinks they’re just one week away from that league winning breakout performance. 

See you all tomorrow night for the excuse matrix.spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

As someone playing against his owner this week, I’m feeling pretty optimistic about seeing the disappointment in this thread tomorrow night.

It’s amusing how some people still haven’t figured out that the KC RB situation is a dumpster fire....every week one camp or the other thinks they’re just one week away from that league winning breakout performance. 

See you all tomorrow night for the excuse matrix.spacer.png

McCoy inactive today 

wowwwwwwew

4 minutes ago, bigpoppy said:

Does this put Darrell Williams back on the radar?

Oh hell yeah. Either cuff Damien with him or pick him up as he will have stand alone value. He's already proven he can produce in a split backfield. 

Just now, Klientel said:

Hellllll no

But hes a decent flex this week. 

How is he only a decent flex? He was an rb1 last year with no mccoy

• Like 1

Man, I'm dying to plug him in over Bell or Singletary but terrified. If he can come out of this game without flopping, he's gold for chargers next week. Good luck, brave souls. 

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

There was no McCoy last week and outside of one big run he didn’t do much. That could easily happen again today minus the 91 yard TD. 

Nobody knows what Andy Reid will do today. He could give Damien 20 touches or he could give him 7 and try to get the other RBs involved. Or he can just unleash Mahomes and let him throw 50 times. We don’t know....hence he’s a decent flex based on potential. 

nowhere near an RB1 right now 

11 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Because if you take away his 91-yard TD (which isn't fair because he did make a great play), he's gone for 134 yards on his other 59 carries (2.27 yards/carry), which would make him nearly a full yard behind Joe Mixon, the otherwise last place RB.

Even when he was an RB1 last year most of his value was as a receiver, so the Chiefs need to prove they're committed to throwing him the ball frequently before he ascends back into that RB1 or high end RB2 territory. By no means impossible, but by no means should be banked on yet.

Edited by vercrazy

2 minutes ago, Klientel said:

There was no McCoy last week and outside of one big run he didn’t do much. That could easily happen again today minus the 91 yard TD. 

Nobody knows what Andy Reid will do today. He could give Damien 20 touches or he could give him 7 and try to get the other RBs involved. Or he can just unleash Mahomes and let him throw 50 times. We don’t know....hence he’s a decent flex based on potential. 

nowhere near an RB1 right now 

They played Minnesota WITHOUT Mahomes last week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

Because if you take away his 91-yard TD (which isn't fair because he did make a great play), he's gone for 134 yards on his other 59 carries (2.27 yards/carry), which would make him nearly a full yard behind Joe Mixon, the otherwise last place RB.

He was hurt

They said he's finally healthy

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They played Minnesota WITHOUT Mahomes last week

Sounds like you made up your mind and want to play him. I say go for it and good luck...

fortunately he’s my 5th RB so I don’t have to stress over using him. I hope he has a good game