Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Because he's old and washed up. 

It was fumbling and the fact he cannot pass block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dexter75 said:

 

Bellcow? LOL. The McCoy truthers just never give up their fantasies. 

 

Not gonna argue with someone who obviously wasn't watching what was going on with the backfield.  McCoy was dominating snaps and touches before his fumble.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Not gonna argue with someone who obviously wasn't watching what was going on with the backfield.  McCoy was dominating snaps and touches before his fumble.

 

Damien Williams was barely in at all until he fumbled. He had that job locked up and has no one but himself to blame.

Probably the most frustrating thing, [...] was that he did great in the limited touches he got. 10-20 pts a week on 12-14 touches is pretty damn good.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Not gonna argue with someone who obviously wasn't watching what was going on with the backfield.  McCoy was dominating snaps and touches before his fumble.

 

Damien was the starter until he got hurt. McCoy took over until Williams was back and ready to go. Hes the starter again, McCoy is bench fodder, just like I have been saying since August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Not gonna argue with someone who obviously wasn't watching what was going on with the backfield.  McCoy was dominating snaps and touches before his fumble.

 

Due to injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Damien was the starter until he got hurt. McCoy took over until Williams was back and ready to go. Hes the starter again, McCoy is bench fodder, just like I have been saying since August. 

 

If you think this then you really have no idea what you are talking about.  Both were healthy at week 5.  By week 7, McCoy was the guy after some horrible games from Damien.  Week 8 McCoy had a killer fumble and went into the doghouse.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

If you think this then you really have no idea what you are talking about.  Both were healthy at week 5.  By week 7, McCoy was the guy after some horrible games from Damien.  Week 7 McCoy had a killer fumble and went into the doghouse.


Also the injury factor doesn’t really make sense in that Damien barely plays and then all of a sudden in the middle of the same game, is healthy enough to be an every down back. Only logical conclusion is that at the start of Week 7, McCoy won the every down job, if only so briefly to lose it when he fumbled it away.

Looking forward, this week is a perfect wait and see week since they play on a Monday. Although I doubt any Williams owners will want to wait and see after they’ve been waiting all season for this guy to put up numbers. Maybe the fumble didn’t cost him anything but fumbling is what cost McCoy the job.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:


Also the injury factor doesn’t really make sense in that Damien barely plays and then all of a sudden in the middle of the same game, is healthy enough to be an every down back. Only logical conclusion is that at the start of Week 7, McCoy won the every down job, if only so briefly to lose it when he fumbled it away.

Looking forward, this week is a perfect wait and see week since they play on a Monday. Although I doubt any Williams owners will want to wait and see after they’ve been waiting all season for this guy to put up numbers.

 

I own both so I really just want one of them to take over.  Either one.  I don't care.  I was pretty happy with Damien taking over but then he had to go and fumble and now it's limbo again.

I don't think I can start either this week.  If I'm going to start one it's probably Damien, but I would have low confidence.  We could see him in the doghouse and for all we know Darrel will be running the ball.  I doubt that because KC still needs to make the playoffs, but it is a total crapshoot now.  You're risking a terrible game where he gets like 3 carries if you put him in.  We don't know what Reid's gonna do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i jus bought this guy...i am thrilled but i bet you guys who have had him all this time are definitely on the fence a lil...hopefully this is the start of some good things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Will the fumble cost him playing time? 

 

I think this is exactly what everyone is wondering and, sadly, I seriously doubt we will know until we see for ourselves Monday night.  Reid has zero reason to tip his hand and, if he is putting Damien in the doghouse, he'll want to keep that internal.  It's gonna be a leap of faith to start him this week.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

I own both so I really just want one of them to take over.  Either one.  I don't care.  I was pretty happy with Damien taking over but then he had to go and fumble and now it's limbo again.

I don't think I can start either this week.  If I'm going to start one it's probably Damien, but I would have low confidence.  We could see him in the doghouse and for all we know Darrel will be running the ball.  I doubt that because KC still needs to make the playoffs, but it is a total crapshoot now.  You're risking a terrible game where he gets like 3 carries if you put him in.  We don't know what Reid's gonna do.

 

How do you have both on your roster still? You shouldn't have either one. Too late to trade away now. I did that 5 weeks ago before everyone else figured out McCoy was trash and the guy just dropped him this last week. 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This McCoy vs Damien fight is ridiculous lol....both sides are just exaggerating 

 

The lead RB job was initially Damien's but he wasnt that impressive on the ground and was losing snaps at an increased rate to McCoy up until his injury. At that point McCoy was the lead even when Damien came back and most likely would have kept it had he not fumbled away two games. Now Damien is the lead again and looks good, so I doubt McCoy gets alot of opportunities unless he really screws up.

That's really all there is to it. In the end, neither one of them is lighting the world on fire and is a flex play with RB2 upside at best. If you have other options just stay away entirely.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Klientel said:

This McCoy vs Damien fight is ridiculous lol....both sides are just exaggerating 

 

It was summed up best in Sundays game thread. Williams is a turd and McCoy is a fart. Neither one is any good. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Klientel said:

This McCoy vs Damien fight is ridiculous lol....both sides are just exaggerating 

 

The lead RB job was initially Damien's but he wasnt that impressive on the ground and was losing snaps at an increased rate to McCoy up until his injury. At that point McCoy was the lead even when Damien came back and most likely would have kept it had he not fumbled away two games. Now Damien is the lead again and looks good, so I doubt McCoy gets alot of opportunities unless he really screws up.

That's really all there is to it. In the end, neither one of them is lighting the world on fire and is a flex play with RB2 upside at best. If you have other options just stay away entirely.

Fake news!!!

 

Just kidding....this is the first logical post in either thread in months. Bravo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Klientel said:

This McCoy vs Damien fight is ridiculous lol....both sides are just exaggerating 

 

The lead RB job was initially Damien's but he wasnt that impressive on the ground and was losing snaps at an increased rate to McCoy up until his injury. At that point McCoy was the lead even when Damien came back and most likely would have kept it had he not fumbled away two games. Now Damien is the lead again and looks good, so I doubt McCoy gets alot of opportunities unless he really screws up.

That's really all there is to it. In the end, neither one of them is lighting the world on fire and is a flex play with RB2 upside at best. If you have other options just stay away entirely.

Yeah, KC is a dumpster fire at RB. Damien was starting to heat up and then had the fumble. With KC rapidly nosediving it looks like Reid has a pretty short leash on his RBs. I still expect Damien to be leading this field though. He just seems more of a RB3 with possible RB2 upside on a good day.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, KC is a dumpster fire at RB. Damien was starting to heat up and then had the fumble. With KC rapidly nosediving it looks like Reid has a pretty short leash on his RBs. I still expect Damien to be leading this field though. He just seems more of a RB3 with possible RB2 upside on a good day.

The only thing I think Damien's fumble did was possibly open the door for McCoy to be activated again. I think McCoy being deactivated was a gesture to Damien that they are ready to finally move forward with him as the lead back.

He was poised to lead the backfield and the Hyde comes in out of nowhere. Then Hyde is gone and its his backfield again, and McCoy shows up. So he's never had a situation where he hasnt had someone breathing down his neck. 

But after that fumble, and Reid's indecisiveness we might be back to the 3/4 headed monster at RB again. Who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Klientel said:

This McCoy vs Damien fight is ridiculous lol....both sides are just exaggerating 

 

The lead RB job was initially Damien's but he wasnt that impressive on the ground and was losing snaps at an increased rate to McCoy up until his injury. At that point McCoy was the lead even when Damien came back and most likely would have kept it had he not fumbled away two games. Now Damien is the lead again and looks good, so I doubt McCoy gets alot of opportunities unless he really screws up.

That's really all there is to it. In the end, neither one of them is lighting the world on fire and is a flex play with RB2 upside at best. If you have other options just stay away entirely.

 

Question. Do you consider Damien's fumble returned for a TD when the Chiefs were up 6 and eventually lost the game a big screw up? That fumble was probably a 10+ swing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

It was summed up best in Sundays game thread. Williams is a turd and McCoy is a fart. Neither one is any good. 

 

But that makes Williams "productive" at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klientel said:

This McCoy vs Damien fight is ridiculous lol....both sides are just exaggerating 

 

The lead RB job was initially Damien's but he wasnt that impressive on the ground and was losing snaps at an increased rate to McCoy up until his injury. At that point McCoy was the lead even when Damien came back and most likely would have kept it had he not fumbled away two games. Now Damien is the lead again and looks good, so I doubt McCoy gets alot of opportunities unless he really screws up.

That's really all there is to it. In the end, neither one of them is lighting the world on fire and is a flex play with RB2 upside at best. If you have other options just stay away entirely.

Biggest problem with McCoy as lead back was that Mahomes was getting killed.

Not all his fault, but Reid isn't going to do anything that increases risk of injury to the QB - especially after he got hurt on a sneak.

Production wise, Williams and McCoy are more or less equal.  Basically JAGs

Protection wise, Williams is superior to McCoy.  Chiefs hope lies in Mahomes.

McCoy will get some more run, but I wouldn't count on him.  Neither he nor Williams are good options, but if you're gonna gamble on one... Damien is the better bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

 

Question. Do you consider Damien's fumble returned for a TD when the Chiefs were up 6 and eventually lost the game a big screw up? That fumble was probably a 10+ swing. 

It definitely was a huge turning point in the game. And definitely one of the factors they lost. 
 

that’s why I said we don’t know what Reid is thinking at this point and what he’s gonna do. It’s all a crap shoot. But at this point he’s better off just rolling with D Will and putting an end to this RBBC foolishness. It’s pointless and counterproductive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klientel said:

It’s all a crap shoot.

 

This is exactly it.  Who is gonna start next week?  Let's look at each one -

Damien - He just lost a fumble that was returned for a TD and a major reason they lost.  Reid has already punished McCoy (very publicly) for the same offense.  He is almost compelled to punish Damien or it will look like he applies rules only to certain players.  If McCoy belongs in the doghouse for fumbling, so does Damien.  Sure he finished the game, but McCoy was inactive.  Who knows if he would have suffered the same fate and McCoy would have been put in?

McCoy - He's already in the doghouse.  Could he be given a second chance?  Sure.  But being humiliated by a healthy scratch means he is probably real deep in the doghouse.

Darrel - Could he start?  Maybe.  But KC is still in the playoff hunt and if they were going to play Darrel, why didn't they do it after Damien's fumble?

Darwin - Not gonna start over Darrel.

There are good reasons not to trust any of them.  We won't know until Monday night what Reid does.  He probably doesn't even know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.