Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, bomont said:

Make up your mind ;)  As I said, not going there. My bad shouldn't even have commented on it.

I think this thread is officially beat to death and back, at least until we see or hear something new from KC.

I was just curious as to why you thought the statements were opinion.  I wasn’t prepared to debate it over another 2 pages.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:02 AM, Boudewijn said:

I can summarize the past 40 pages for you (and most likely the next 40):

- Damien Williams will be a bell-cow

- Damien Williams is terrible

- Yeah, but Reid's system makes him a bell-cow

- Yeah, but he's still terrible.

tumblr_p6elm2euws1wp6e43o4_250.gif

As a tip on these forums, the longest and most heated threads are rarely the most useful.

This I wrote a month ago. I don't think much news has been posted in this thread since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

This I wrote a month ago. I don't think much news has been posted in this thread since.

I think you have been around long enough to know that people don't like going back and reading, some do, majority don't. So it's mostly the same in every thread 

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think you have been around long enough to know that people don't like going back and reading, some do, majority don't. So it's mostly the same in every thread 

Sure, but I don't have to like it.

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Sure, but I don't have to like it.

Nope, you don't.

I don't like that Lucky charms cereal won't come out with a Lucky charms cereal that has nothing but marshmallows.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Panthers8912 said:

Chiefs should see what spencer ware or charkandrick west are up to. Both better than Williams 

Right.

Can't wait for Elijah holyfield to take over for CMC as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Chiefs should see what spencer ware or charkandrick west are up to. Both better than Williams 

Hmmm, I guess the Chiefs disagree with your in-depth analysis since they let both of those guys walk. I think I’ll trust Andy Reid’s opinion over yours, no offense of course. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

he turned in a couple of strong performances in a limited role last year.  .

I can just take this one very small piece of your memoir out to focus on. 

1) he didn’t have “a couple” of anything. He played a third of an 18 game season as the starter in the most competitive and important games of the year

2) he was not strong....he was number 1 overall caliber strong during that stretch. His pace was untouched by any other rb besides Gurley for any 6 games of the season

im cool with posting counterintuitive info that presents a case for why he could bust. Just come accurate with it 

4 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

im cool with posting counterintuitive info that presents a case for why he could bust

Yeah, I see that.  Thanks

1 hour ago, isuckatdfs said:

In a yahoo 12 team money league last night he went for 39 dollars on a 200 dollar budget.

This information is kind of useless. All it tells us is that 1 person (maybe 2 if there was a bidding war) out of 12 believe in him enough to spend that much.

8 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

I can just take this one very small piece of your memoir out to focus on. 

1) he didn’t have “a couple” of anything. He played a third of an 18 game season as the starter in the most competitive and important games of the year

2) he was not strong....he was number 1 overall caliber strong during that stretch. His pace was untouched by any other rb besides Gurley for any 6 games of the season

im cool with posting counterintuitive info that presents a case for why he could bust. Just come accurate with it 

So can we assume you’re pimping CJ Anderson as a top RB also?  He outrushed Williams by 96 yards over each guy’s last 5 games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This information is kind of useless. All it tells us is that 1 person (maybe 2 if there was a bidding war) out of 12 believe in him enough to spend that much.

It’s nice to see where players go in real drafts. Of course there’s going to be disparity league to league.

Do you have any counter info on his auction price?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Hmmm, I guess the Chiefs disagree with your in-depth analysis since they let both of those guys walk. I think I’ll trust Andy Reid’s opinion over yours, no offense of course. 

Andy Reid’s never made a bad decision 

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

It’s nice to see where players go in real drafts. Of course there’s going to be disparity league to league.

Do you have any counter info on his auction price?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/auction-values/calculator.php

It may not be the final word, but if everyone is posting their draft prices in all these threads they're going to be pretty darn long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

So can we assume you’re pimping CJ Anderson as a top RB also?  He outrushed Williams by 96 yards over each guy’s last 5 games.

Apples to oranges man, and you know it. Did the Rams extend Anderson in December like the Chiefs did Damien? No, he’s now on another team. 

4 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Apples to oranges man, and you know it. Did the Rams extend Anderson in December like the Chiefs did Damien? No, he’s now on another team. 

... and isn't slated as the #1 RB on that team.

2 hours ago, steevio_uk said:

... and isn't slated as the #1 RB on that team.

Exactly, it would be like if the Rams cut Gurley, re-signed Anderson and went into the next season with McVay calling Anderson the teams starter.

8 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

The whole point exactly.  What kind of guarantee of future work did CJA’s performance get him even though he outrushed that stud Williams by a substantial amount over their last 5 games?

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

The whole point exactly.  What kind of guarantee of future work did CJA’s performance get him even though he outrushed that stud Williams by a substantial amount over their last 5 games?

You think he had a legitimate shot of stealing Gurley’s job long-term? I don’t understand your point. Again, apples to oranges. Their situations aren’t comparable in any way. 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

You think he had a legitimate shot of stealing Gurley’s job long-term? I don’t understand your point. Again, apples to oranges. Their situations aren’t comparable in any way. 

No.  You’re missing the point and I’m not sure why.  It has to do with Williams’ job security.  His performance at the end of last year does not guarantee him anything this year.  Williams is not Gurley.  He has literally no track record of any kind of success over a 5 year career except for those 5 games at the end of last year - just like CJA’s success at the end of last year did nothing for his job security going into this season.  And CJA had put up some successful work earlier in his career, unlike Williams.

I hope that is clear enough for you.  I’m not sure how to make it less confusing.

• Like 2