Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Spencer Ware and charkandrick west didn't shine in this offense.

Wasn't it Ware who balled out when Jamaal Charles went down? I may be thinking of another guy, but I do remember that everyone has anointed Knile Davis as the backup and then he got passed up by the 3rd stringer. Kniles Davis later got traded and then washed out of the league without doing anything. Who knows? That could be Thompson too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Wasn't it Ware who balled out when Jamaal Charles went down? I may be thinking of another guy, but I do remember that everyone has anointed Knile Davis as the backup and then he got passed up by the 3rd stringer. Kniles Davis later got traded and then washed out of the league without doing anything. Who knows? That could be Thompson too.

I forgot. Same thing that happened to Kniles Davis happened to Charkandrick West. That #2 RB/handcuff spot hasn't been a sure thing with the Chiefs.

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well they did have some guy named Alex Smith running the offense.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Well they did have some guy named Alex Smith running the offense.

Last year ware was doing pretty good for about 3 quarters then got hurt. He had 75 yards on 15 Carries and 50 yards on 5 catches against the baltimore ravens (who was a top 3 defense) then went down with an injury.

This guy is criminally low on these "experts" rankings. Like Rb 16 crazy

Edited by affliction
  • Like 2

[...] 

Hope he has a great season.   He never impressed me with Miami.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Nice man, nice.

I got Hill At 2.08 and DWill at 3.05 in a 12 team league. Kinda pissed I didn't do any research and missed out on Thompson but what ya gonna do? But your post made me feel better. Hopefully DWill can keep his role all season.

Wow, nice job, especially getting Hill @2.08.  I’ll have to take DWill in early second if I want him because he won’t make it back to me in the 3rd.

Is Darrell Williams available in your league? If he is, I’d take a flyer and grab him as a possible handcuff. I remember seeing him come in to relieve DWill last season, and he looked impressive as well.  This would give you a better shot at locking up this backfield if Thompson is used primarily as a COP back in the event DWill goes down.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

Wow, nice job, especially getting Hill @2.08.  I’ll have to take DWill in early second if I want him because he won’t make it back to me in the 3rd.

Is Darrell Williams available in your league? If he is, I’d take a flyer and grab him as a possible handcuff. I remember seeing him come in to relieve DWill last season, and he looked impressive as well.  This would give you a better shot at locking up this backfield if Thompson is used primarily as a COP back in the event DWill goes down.

That's my plan. I'll grab him later once I see how a couple of other guys shake out (Ogunbowale, Mattison primarily).

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

At times they did. But not for years at a time, no. 

All that in mind imagine an elite Rb in the KC offense!

Saquon, Zeke, Kamara etc. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

14 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Because right now his ADP is RB12 and if you’re going to draft him you need to do it in the middle of the 2nd round or earlier.  If you’re waiting until the 3rd round you’re not getting him.  He is now being drafted with an expectation of RB1 performance.

That’s why i said it depends on your drafting qualities. If you don’t believe he’s worth 2nd round don’t draft him obviously. If you panic 2nd round because you haven’t drafted a rb1 yet and the next best thing on your mind is Dwill, oh boy. 

FWIW, his adp on fantasypros and nfl.com is 24 (rb13), I was talking about mid third and not mid 2nd. I know it’s cool story bro but he fell to me late third in a competitive league, probably because some guys ahead of me are non-believers too (pick 29). 

8 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

At times they did. But not for years at a time, no. 

All that in mind imagine an elite Rb in the KC offense!

Saquon, Zeke, Kamara etc. 

Yeah, I agree. 

I was hoping KC would have waited for Mark Ingram this off-season but they signed Hyde really fast and ruined that dream of mine. Thought Ingram would have fit nicely for what their offense does and Ingram/Williams would have helped keep each other fresh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

I do not get this love for Darrell Williams at all.  His analytics were poor and he plays like it.  This is the guy who earned all of 16 carries in the 5 games - including playoffs - when KC was pretty much down to Damien Williams and no one else after the Hunt suspension, and despite being in that loaded offense amassed all of 3.3 ypa with those opportunities.  How is that impressive?

He is currently RB3 on the roster after Thompson blew by him and into the RB2 spot.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

and Ingram/Williams would have helped keep each other fresh.

but if that was the case — It would be a headache for fantasy.

I drafted Williams this year so I'm hoping for the best, but he's an interesting player to watch on film.

He's obviously fast, with excellent acceleration and decent quickness for a 224 lb back.  However, his lateral quickness needs improvement when he's behind the line of scrimmage and not yet in space- he's not great at making a hard cut.  He stutter steps and pitter-patters instead of sticking his foot in the ground and exploding through the hole.  Watch plays where he's running parallel to the line of scrimmage, and instead of planting and cutting up field the way elite backs do, he takes chop steps and sort of rounds out his path through the hole.

He has good contact balance but sometimes hesitates before taking hits.  He's strong but doesn't really use that strength well to initiate contact with leverage, instead he takes the hit but then does an impressive job of fighting through the tackle.  Watch his first two plays against the colts below: In both he's indecisive behind the line, stutter-stepping instead of making a violent cut.  On the first he takes a hit but then fights through for some extra yards, but on the second run he shows his open-field quickness and contact balance for the score.

Highlights against the colts- watch his first two runs.

All of that said, he's in an offense where he doesn't need an elite cut to be an elite fantasy player.  I'm pretty optimistic for his season.

Edited by Felicia's Bye
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Felicia's Bye said:

I drafted Williams this year so I'm hoping for the best, but he's an interesting player to watch on film.

He's obviously fast, with excellent acceleration and decent quickness for a 224 lb back.  However, his lateral quickness needs improvement when he's behind the line of scrimmage and not yet in space- he's not great at making a hard cut.  He stutter steps and pitter-patters instead of sticking his foot in the ground and exploding through the hole.  Watch plays where he's running parallel to the line of scrimmage, and instead of planting and cutting up field the way elite backs do, he takes chop steps and sort of rounds out his path through the hole.

He has good contact balance but sometimes hesitates before taking hits.  He's strong but doesn't really use that strength well to initiate contact with leverage, instead he takes the hit but then does an impressive job of fighting through the tackle.  Watch his first two plays against the colts below: In both he's indecisive behind the line, stutter-stepping instead of making a violent cut.  On the first he takes a hit but then fights through for some extra yards, but on the second run he shows his open-field quickness and contact balance for the score.

Highlights against the colts- watch his first two runs.

All of that said, he's in an offense where he doesn't need an elite cut to be an elite fantasy player.  I'm pretty optimistic for his season.

If there’s one play that sticks out from last year that describes what you wrote, it’s s play against the Seahawks. He did exactly that, was indecisive, ran lateral to the line of scrimmage, and then fumbled. Remember it all to well. That one play ended up costing me. 

Well, it’s done. Took Damian at 2.10 and Thompson in the 9th of a 12 PPR.

Yahoo hates the Thompson pick,

“Are you willing to reveal your source? We'd love to hear what prompted you to select Thompson at No. 103, about 17 spots earlier than his ADP of 120. Thompson is projected to score 77 fantasy points this season with the Chiefs.”

Edited by ponchsox
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Are you willing to reveal your source

Sure, yahoo. Literally any online forum,video, or podcast that discusses fantasy football. 

• Haha 1

Just admiring him in my lineup and got annoyed at ESPN's low week 1 projection of 11.6 while other top players are projected at 17+.  Then I noticed that every game that he started including playoffs he's scored at least 1 touchdown per game and had a high of 3 touchdowns vs. NE in the AFC championship game.  

Nice 😃 

13 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

If there’s one play that sticks out from last year that describes what you wrote, it’s s play against the Seahawks. He did exactly that, was indecisive, ran lateral to the line of scrimmage, and then fumbled. Remember it all to well. That one play ended up costing me. 

And thus explains your bias analysis

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Well, it’s done. Took Damian at 2.10 and Thompson in the 9th of a 12 PPR.

Yahoo hates the Thompson pick,

“Are you willing to reveal your source? We'd love to hear what prompted you to select Thompson at No. 103, about 17 spots earlier than his ADP of 120. Thompson is projected to score 77 fantasy points this season with the Chiefs.”

In my 10-teamer, all 4 of the actual good managers in my league were graded in the bottom half of the league by Yahoo. Tells you all you need to know about that.

• Like 2

yahoo draft rankings are trash, i think if you get graded C-F you will win a ship. Got a C last year and won and got a C this year. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

Any insight on split in this "RBBC" ?

As a Thompson owner only (but still 2 drafts to go) I would say 75/25 is the likely split. Damien will need to falter/get hurt for Thompson to break out. Either that or Thompson will have to just plain blow up on his touches.