BackyardBaseball

Julio Urias 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

The guy is a boss but the usage will be unbearable. 

The Dodgers probably win last night if he stays another inning or two. I hate Roberts. 

I mean you have to have picked him up expecting this. Enjoy the ride for the handful of starts that we do get he will probably have some degree of value as the best SP/RP in the game. There's also always the chance that Dodgeritis works out in his favor

45 minutes ago, lassetjus said:

Impressive start even if it was against the Giants. Was blowing people away with 96 MPH heat or painting corners with it then dropped 81-84 MPH change ups that just fell off the table right before it crossed the plate. Excellent stuff and good control and from the left side. You can see why the scouts were so high on him. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Those were sliders

I believe @lassetjuswas correct about the CH falling off the table, the pitch had a ton of both dart and dive action to it...with 4 whiffs

The SL had much less action and sat about 85 MPH, but he did manage 5 whiffs with it.

FB had some pretty great action to it as well, basically threw 36 of them--all between 95-97 MPH, which is pretty damn incredible. (4 whiffs)

The usage is gonna be very hard to predict, but I like to bet on talent and this guy has made it back from an area most simply do not.

• Like 2

It's not quite @Col, but still going against Mil is a tough matchup coming up.

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

It's not quite @Col, but still going against Mil is a tough matchup coming up.

No, it's actually worse imo. COL was/is struggling...Crew smashes lefties and are so tough at home.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No, it's actually worse imo. COL was/is struggling...Crew smashes lefties and are so tough at home.

They were struggling sure, but they also started off on the road for the most part. 

Seems like he’s been on a pitch count roughly around 75. If it doesn’t get to out of hand early on, I think we’re looking at a possible 4 IP start

19 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone even messing with his start tonight? 

Nope.

I hope he rips through them, but odds are against it.

• Like 1

MIL is currently 7th in runs, 4th in OPS, and 3rd in OPS v. LHP.  It’s a hitter’s park, and the o/u for the game is 9.5. I still love his overall skill set, but this seems like an easy sit.

• Like 3

Julio Urias will revert to the bullpen after Thursday's start against the Brewers.(With Clayton Kershaw over his shoulder injury and Hyun-Jin Ryu (groin) slated to return Saturday, Urias is no longer needed in the starting rotation. The 22-year-old has shown flashes over his three starts this year, but he hasn't been pitching deep into games and is coming off an ugly showing Friday against the Brewers (5 IP, 6 H, 6 ER), who he faces again Thursday. Urias will be a candidate to resume his starting post if injuries arise.)

9 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Julio Urias will revert to the bullpen after Thursday's start against the Brewers.(With Clayton Kershaw over his shoulder injury and Hyun-Jin Ryu (groin) slated to return Saturday, Urias is no longer needed in the starting rotation. The 22-year-old has shown flashes over his three starts this year, but he hasn't been pitching deep into games and is coming off an ugly showing Friday against the Brewers (5 IP, 6 H, 6 ER), who he faces again Thursday. Urias will be a candidate to resume his starting post if injuries arise.)

And hill will be back too...urias is an easy drop with how poor he has been pitching

27 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I heard the news so now he will pitch a gem tonight. 🤞

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I heard the news so now he will pitch a gem tonight. 🤞

Yup 

He's always been a tough play in one year leagues as he's going to be handled with kid gloves and with capped innings. But of his four starts, two are against the Brewers and one is at Coors? That's a tough 4 games slate...and he's been fine in them. It's just that he's clearly more of a long-term play

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

He dominated a very good lineup on the road generating whiff after whiff. This guys skillset is really legit 

Except when he plays in Colarado or at home against Milwaukee...there he gets bombed and looks terrible

Dude could be a top 10 starter in the league (and was their #1 prospect for several years too) and he’s going to the pen lmfao He looked absolutely ridiculous last night. Why not send Maeda to the pen, who will end up there anyways?

Edited by MrPositive

41 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Dude could be a top 10 starter in the league (and was their #1 prospect for several years too) and he’s going to the pen lmfao He looked absolutely ridiculous last night. Why not send Maeda to the pen, who will end up there anyways?

The kid just came back from surgery and hasnt pitched much the last 2 years. This is about limiting his innings this year, slowly build him back up to protect his arm/shoulder.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 2