Sign in to follow this  
Gauthmann44

Yusei Kikuchi 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

What's everyone doing with him tonight 

No Trout he's in for me, with Trout 🤷‍♂️ leaning sit.

7 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Trout in

I seen, I'm still on the fence.

45 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Horrible 

Not being deceive allowed me to miss tonight.

Is this guy droppable? Just flat out brutal to watch right now

1 hour ago, Jrick45 said:

I dropped him, tried to insert bob Barker from happy gilmore gif too but on phone.

2 hours ago, Jrick45 said:

Yeah I dropped him in my 12 team points league where SP's are highly coveted. He was scooped up straight away, but I can't see him being playable again anytime soon?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jrick45 said:

For context,i dropped him before the last 2 starts in my 12 team roto and no ones touched him.  Hes certainly a "cant start" at the moment.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, Cesare13 said:

For context,i dropped him before the last 2 starts in my 12 team roto and no ones touched him.  Hes certainly a "cant start" at the moment.

On 6/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I dropped him in my 12 team points league where SP's are highly coveted. He was scooped up straight away, but I can't see him being playable again anytime soon?

Well I'm still stashing him on the bench & 100% agree that he is a bonafide "can't start" at the moment even despite his nice 5IP performance last night.

Actively looking for a replacement but as St. Steven said, SPs are highly coveted in my league too. I have Clevinger & Severino coming off the DL soon - He will most likely be one of my 2 potential cuts over the next couple weeks.  

Does anyone hold out hope that Kikuchi will round into form and be the #2-3 type starter most projected him to be? Another lackluster showing today has his ERA at 5.01 and WHIP at 1.460 through 20 starts, to go along with a pedestrian strikeout rate. I'd feel more forgiving if he was a 21, 22, 23 year old kid up from the minors but he's 28 with several years of experience in the NPB.

"Multiple MLB scouts believe Kikuchi's ceiling is as a No. 2 starter in the Major Leagues, thanks to a fastball that averages between 92 and 94 mph while reaching 96, an uncommonly high velocity among left-handers in NPB." - Jon Paul Morosi, August 2018

"They at least have some real upside potential here if he stays healthy and pitches like a No. 2, as expected, for several years..." - Keith Law, January 2019

Injuries haven't been an issue but he hasn't pitched as expected..... He took a bit of a step back last year in Japan as well after a career campaign in 2017.

If anyone owns this loser (I don’t roster any Mariners so not I), do yourselves a favor and cut his a**.  One of the top 10 worst arms in baseball.  Dude is just a horrific loser.  Scouted and signed by Jerry Dipito who had equal career era and whip in s*** career, he’s seemingly finding pitching talent(less) that matches up to his bum a**.  Either way, just a friendly warning from mixed leagues to 90 team AL only, no need to roster this worthless sack of s***.

Edited by Cmilne23

I was all-in. Really thought his pitchability + offspeed stuff would equate to a 3.50 ERA guy and nearly one K/9. 
Yikes. 
Can anyone clarify what his main issue is, beyond "he sucks" ? Is the fastball too hittable?

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I was all-in. Really thought his pitchability + offspeed stuff would equate to a 3.50 ERA guy and nearly one K/9. 
Yikes. 
Can anyone clarify what his main issue is, beyond "he sucks" ? Is the fastball too hittable?

[...]

Horrible command, horrible unrepeatable delivery - his mechanics are a mess.  There’s nothing here.  Just a bad arm, signed by possibly the worst talent evaluator of arms in baseball over the last 10 years in Jerry Dipito.  

• Thanks 1