Rotoworld.com Forums

Andrew Luck 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

It seems some members have some strong opinions about Luck's retirement, which is to be expected given the timing, but those opinions need to be expressed in conformance with the site guidelines.  In particular, this means no political discussion, no attacking other members, and no offensive language.  If the discussion here does not stay focused on football, then this thread will be locked for a lengthy cooling off period, and users will be subject to a suspension of posting privileges.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally this guy got some bad karma  

What do you guys think this news will do to his ADP?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

We dont know the full extent of the injuries Luck has suffered and how he's feeling right now. You got guys like Antwaan Randel El who is 40 and struggles to walk down the stairs. Luck is probably scared and I dont blame him.

I don't blame him for retiring it just seems he completely screwed the team by doing this right before the season starts.

1 minute ago, Mattmac92 said:

This guys a complete ****bag the season is two weeks away tomorrow talk about spitting in the face of the fans and the league 

and no I didn't draft him my draft is tomorrow afternoon 

Uh huh.  Signed up just to post that and you didn't draft him, huh?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

I can’t believe people are actually bashing him right now...

how about you guy stand behind an abysmal offensive line and take punishment 

I do not think he should be bashed but the bad OL reason is a year late. The team was on the upswing. Just think he took too much punishment before that rise started

2 minutes ago, Mattmac92 said:

That's correct but luck is worse than Michael Vick in my book 

LOL. 

The gold standard on what would cause a new member to not pass the probationary period.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
14 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

I can’t believe people are actually bashing him right now...

how about you guy stand behind an abysmal offensive line and take punishment 

For $120MM? I’d wear a blindfold and let Clowney get a free run

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

A lot of strange comments in this thread.

Let's break this down. Dude missed basically two years with a shoulder injury that no one could really pinpont what the problem was.

Then he has a high-ankle/calf injury that once again no one can really peg what it even is. Essentially he was in the same state of ambiguity with this injury as he was with his previous injury.

Just a theory but maybe he was sick and tired of following protocols for undefined injuries. Maybe the Colts' medical staff is on loan from the Mets. Or maybe he's just not cut out physically to withstand the beating of an NFL QB.

This is an absolute shame because I expected to see this dude in a yellow jacket one day. Been a fan since his Stanford days (who wouldn't have been). 

The entire league loses big on this one. This benefits no one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[Posts removed.  It seems some members have some strong opinions about Luck's retirement, which is to be expected given the timing, but those opinions need to be expressed in conformance with the site guidelines.  In particular, this means no political discussion, no attacking other members, and no offensive language.  If the discussion here does not stay focused on football, then this thread will be locked for a lengthy cooling off period, and users will be subject to a suspension of posting privileges.]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I get that it sucks for the team, for fantasy etc.. But when you've had enough you've had enough, can't fault the guy for his own decisions even if we disagree. Might be an emotional decision and guys can come back from retirement, but I don't have any ill will towards him for it. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I get that it sucks for the team, for fantasy etc.. But when you've had enough you've had enough, can't fault the guy for his own decisions

Yeah actually you can. Again it's not the decision but the timing. Very weak and lame. He just screwed this team over badly. If he'd done this in say Feb or Mar it's a different story.

1 minute ago, bomont said:

Yeah actually you can. Again it's not the decision but the timing. Very weak and lame. He just screwed this team over badly. If he'd done this in say Feb or Mar it's a different story.

Oh I hear ya but we don't know how we'd react in this situation if it was us, maybe he wanted to around then and tried to power thru it but just ultimately hit the wall and feels it's time to go. 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1