oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

Michel smashed down the stretch and in the playoffs last season, and he was pretty good as a receiver in college.  I think he's going to be fine.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

His schedule is the main thing that gives me hope right now. Lots of potential blowouts where they should run a lot. Hopefully anyway. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

His schedule is the main thing that gives me hope right now. Lots of potential blowouts where they should run a lot. Hopefully anyway. 

Just like last week when they were up gazillion to 0 and Tom Brady threw a TD pass to James White from the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game.

28 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Just like last week when they were up gazillion to 0 and Tom Brady threw a TD pass to James White from the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game.

It was 3rd and goal from the 10.  They were blowing them out and Michel fumbled earlier so Rex got two carries inside the 10 and couldn’t get anywhere.

Pats do not care what the score is and they will run their plays.  White caught a pass for a 10 yard TD reception.

I didnt watch the game. Did michel fumbled in the end or he got some carries after the fumble ?

8 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

It’s not panic.  It’s just that it’s obvious that the guy stinks.  It’s almost cringeworthy to watch.  At what point does Bill admit that he stinks and stop giving him touches.  

He's a lot better than Blount. Blount was able to get 18 touchdowns in a single season. So if Michel is handling 80-90% of all carries inside the redzone, there's a high probability that he gives us 10 TDs on the ground this year. You're freaking out over Week 1. We'll see I guess.

8 hours ago, yanksman said:

21 for 85 and a TD, yeah I’ll take that when they are blowing out scrub teams. If that’s what Bill is offering. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

He's a lot better than Blount. Blount was able to get 18 touchdowns in a single season. So if Michel is handling 80-90% of all carries inside the redzone, there's a high probability that he gives us 10 TDs on the ground this year. You're freaking out over Week 1. We'll see I guess.

I disagree.  Blount could run over and through guys.  I remember he broke off a 48 yard td.  Michel doesn’t look like he’s capable of making any big plays 

5 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

I disagree.  Blount could run over and through guys.  I remember he broke off a 48 yard td.  Michel doesn’t look like he’s capable of making any big plays 

I read Sony has zero broken tackles in the first two games... but he had plenty of them last year

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/sony-michel-fantasy-value-plummets-following-slow-start-to-the-season-01dn2anepwqx

Edited by rocket

7 hours ago, konstao said:

I didnt watch the game. Did michel fumbled in the end or he got some carries after the fumble ?

anyone ?

12 minutes ago, konstao said:

anyone ?

He fumbled in the 4th quarter with 5:51 left. 
New England only had time for one drive after that, from 5:09 to 2:10 left on the clock. During that drive, Sony Michel was NOT used.

Rex Burkhead caught a pass for 32 yards, and rushed for no gain twice, and the drive ended in a James White TD for 10 yards.

2 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

New England only had time for one drive after that, from 5:09 to 2:10 left on the clock. During that drive, Sony Michel was NOT used.

Rex Burkhead caught a pass for 32 yards, and rushed for no gain twice, and the drive ended in a James White TD for 10 yards.

so im affraid now  , thanks

Just now, konstao said:

so im affraid now  , thanks

I wouldn't be TOO afraid, it was the end of the game basically. But if he fumbles again, the I'd be a little more worried lol.

In college Sony had some fumble issues, but during his rookie year in the NFL he didn't fumble once after putting some work into it.

3 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

He ****** up and Belichick put him in the corner because they were up by so much. Patriots RBs have fumbled before and the first couple is not a death sentence. First fumble you get pulled for a few drives. Second fumble you get pulled for a quarter or so. 3rd fumble and that's when you see your time severely diminished. 

• Thanks 1

Haven't read all these posts so don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my leaguemates brought up a concerning fact to me. Is it true Sony has ZERO broken tackles through the first 2 games?? One of which was vs a high school defense?

22 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Haven't read all these posts so don't know if this has been mentioned but one of my leaguemates brought up a concerning fact to me. Is it true Sony has ZERO broken tackles through the first 2 games?? One of which was vs a high school defense?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Pats fan here.  The Pitt game he had no where to go.  Every time he got the ball they smothered him at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield.  He had nothing to work with.  I did not see the Miami game so I can't comment there.   Last year his numbers were good so I'm not entirely worried after a 2 week sample.  The one cause for concern is the condition of the OL this year vs last.  They lost a couple of starters from last year in Brown (LT - Oak) and Andrews (C - IR) and have been battered by injury with the guys who are there.  So he might not have the holes he had last year where he likely faced 1 defender he had to knock heads with. 

Stats for last year.

• Thanks 2

What’s wrong with this guy? Why can’t he make any plays. Is Rex the RB1 now on the team?

12 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

What’s wrong with this guy? Why can’t he make any plays. Is Rex the RB1 now on the team?

Yes, Rex burkhead is the starting running back now....

..and pigs are flying around everywhere.

🙄

This was posted in another thread.  But its the reason why you would play him, even when he isn't getting yardage.  Brady is showing up on the injury report this week as limited with an injured calf.  I doubt he'll be vulturing another goal line TD this week -- but it could be someone else 😟.

Edited by rocket

Anyone have any stats on a patriots RB the game after they fumbled? i remember Ridley riding the bench the game after he coughed one up?

• Haha 1