oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

Dude literally gets what's blocked for him and nothing more. Didn't even attempt to stretch the ball for the first down in the first quarter...turnover. I would have benched him right there imo. If they run outside he doesn't have enough speed to get to the edge. If they run inside he doesn't have enough power to push a pile or break tackles.

I watched Sony a lot at Georgia and he just looked completely different. I don't know what happened to him but he almost looks like he doesn't even care to be out there or something.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Michel could have easily had a 3 TD night.  Keep the faith.

It ain’t happening George Michael

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Michel could have easily had a 3 TD night.  Keep the faith.

but it wasn’t like bad luck was the reason he didn’t.  A QB sneak on 1st and goal from the 3?  

22 carries, 2 catches. What more can you ask for from an RB2?

Brady won't sneak it in every week. He wanted those tds for some reason. You could see it just now in the post game interview. They played like it off like it was some milestone for Brady. Do you really think that's their long term goal line solution? To slam Brady into the end zone?

The TDs will come. And even if not he seems like a very safe flex play at worst.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Hero202 said:

but it wasn’t like bad luck was the reason he didn’t.  A QB sneak on 1st and goal from the 3?  

Yep and it’s against the Giants. Bill showed no confidence in him to get it done on the goal line. I don’t know what at more evidence you need. This was the Giants.

Just now, Trifecta said:

22 carries, 2 catches. What more can you ask for from an RB2?

To nab one of the 4 rushing TDs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

To nab one of the [3] rushing TDs

Well, yeah, that. 

Edited by Trifecta

I can’t believe a Patriots rb isn’t performing with satisfying consistency. I don’t understand it. It’s not as if we’ve had two decades worth of antecedents to warn us of this nonsense. Rage drop/drop trap.

• Like 4

The moment you bench, drop or trade this guy will be the week he gets all 3 Patriots rushing TDs. There's no rhyme or reason. The fact anyone here was caught off guard by the belichick backfield shenanigans is surprising to me.

Edited by Trifecta

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I can’t believe a Patriots rb isn’t performing with satisfying consistency. I don’t understand it. It’s not as if we’ve had two decades worth of antecedents to warn us of this nonsense. Rage drop/drop trap.

Surely this time will be different.

You guys do realize Rex Burkhead will come back soon right? The matchups don't get easier for RBs from here either. He's a RB2 that will get you 50-80 yards a week and maybe a TD. You may get one or two big games out of him but don't expect much more than that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Yep and it’s against the Giants. Bill showed no confidence in him to get it done on the goal line. I don’t know what at more evidence you need. This was the Giants.

That wasn’t Bill dude. Brady made those calls on his own. You can tell. Didn’t even wait to get the call from the sideline. No hands to the helmet to listen for a call. 

• Thanks 1

This was a crazy game for Sony.  Multiple goal line drives, and he didn't get a single touch that I remember down there.  Brady with 2 QB sneaks at the goal line for 2 TDs.  Brady passed Favre for 3rd place in the all time passing yardage.  I'm hoping they gave him the 2 rushing TDs to make the game more special, because he wasn't great throwing it. 

Edited by rocket

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

That wasn’t Bill dude. Brady made those calls on his own. You can tell. Didn’t even wait to get the call from the sideline. No hands to the helmet to listen for a call. 

Just now, rocket said:

This was a crazy game for Sony.  Multiple goal line drives, and he didn't get a single touch that I remember down there.  Brady with 2 QB sneaks at the goal line for 2 TDs.  Brady passed Favre for 3rd place in the all time passing yardage.  I'm hoping they gave him the 2 rushing TDs to make the game more special, because he wasn't great throwing it. 

OK well then it doesn’t matter same thing. Brady doesn’t trust Sony to get the job done. 

I know he got 100+ yards from scrimmage but I am done with this dude. I refuse to sit around and have Belichik continually troll me by vulturing touchdowns every ******** time I start Michel. It's ridiculous, I want nothing to do with it and it's better off for my sanity if he is just not on my team going forward. Goodbye.

Edited by metalmat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, metalmat said:

I know he got 100+ yards from scrimmage but I am done with this dude. I refuse to sit around and have Belichik continually troll me by vulturing touchdowns every ******** time I start Michel. It's ridiculous, I want nothing to do with it and it's better off for my sanity if he is just not on my team going forward. Goodbye.

Well, he was RB21 in standard going into tonight. That’s a RB2. Probably jumps up to 18 range after tonight’s game. 

Just now, Sonny_D said:

Well, he was RB21 in standard going into tonight. That’s a RB2. Probably jumps up to 18 range after tonight’s game. 

He got most of those points the week I did not start him. I just don't want to deal with any of the Patriots running backs going forward, only other team I have a Pats RB on is James White in a dynasty team which is fine. I don't care if Michel goes nuts for 2000+ yards and 15 TDs rest of season, I just don't anything to do with it and it's making my life more annoying.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

OK but you realize the majority of people playing in PPR right?

All this talk of dropping a RB that consistently gets double digit carries and just produced 12 PPR points....sure his YPC sucks and Brady trolled him tonight, but who are you dropping for him? The Rams backup RBs? lol