oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Pats WRs banged up so they're starting only 3, and two of them are rookies. The offense will be playing a ton of 11 personnel and some 12 and 21 groupings as well. Brady's elbow on the injury report. Isaiah Wynn is in, Marshall "turnstile" Newhouse is out. Vander Esch is out. Pats want to start establishing a real running game before playoffs.

 

Sony gonna have a big day, I'm calling it.

Edited by DConny1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good points on the rookies wr but really the concerning part has been the number of touches. Even if they do establish the run game, how do we know it’s Sony and not burkhead getting those touches? 

Im starting to think Dallas loads the box and forces Brady to throw to those rookies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rvtura23 said:

All good points on the rookies wr but really the concerning part has been the number of touches. Even if they do establish the run game, how do we know it’s Sony and not burkhead getting those touches? 

Im starting to think Dallas loads the box and forces Brady to throw to those rookies.  

Don’t think they need to load the box to stop a plodder like Sony. This is no offensive juggernaut Dallas is going up against, don’t see the need to concentrate on stopping a specific part of this offense. JMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Don’t think they need to load the box to stop a plodder like Sony. This is no offensive juggernaut Dallas is going up against, don’t see the need to concentrate on stopping a specific part of this offense. JMO 

The Pats o-line get a huge boost with Wynn coming back...It will help the pats run game tremendously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

The Pats o-line get a huge boost with Wynn coming back...It will help the pats run game tremendously 

I desperately need you to be right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you guys feeling about him this week?  Houston has a middle of the pack run defense, he’s coming off a 20 carry game last week..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not saying much, but he's looked his best all season the last few weeks.  Not stats-wise, but eyeball-wise he's definitely been appearing to be quicker / more spry than usual and he even broke a tackle or two.  Lord knows this offense needs a spark...why not from last year's 1st round draft pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cynthia Frelund picked this guy as her RB to win fantasy leagues this year. Those legs, that body......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hero202 said:

How are you guys feeling about him this week?  Houston has a middle of the pack run defense, he’s coming off a 20 carry game last week..

Not good, basically like every weeK

Edited by phisouza33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going to score. Probably twice.

With I. Wynn back the line looked a lot better last week and he was starting to roll. There is no doubt that NE wants to get back to this just like they did end of last year.

I expect a big game from Michel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If NE gets down by 2 scores they will abandon the run & Sony won't see the field for a single snap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jccouger said:

If NE gets down by 2 scores they will abandon the run & Sony won't see the field for a single snap. 

 

It will be a close game

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Call me crazy, but Sony has a good chance to go for 100+ or a TD or two vs KC.

 

Run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field. Seem like a really good week for Sony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

Run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field. Seem like a really good week for Sony.

Worked in the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

We expecting anything out of this guy this weekend?

Hopefully the Patriots look at the tape and realize abandoning the run after the first drive isn't exactly the best strategy.

Sony has looked great the last 3 games and in 2 of those they abandoned the run in the first quarter.  

If Sony gets 20 carries this Sunday there's no doubt he'll be productive but who knows what McDaniels will do.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we really count on hoping that BB game plans for giving Michel more runs specifically though?  They ran the ball 27 times against Houston, Michel only getting 10 carries (6 of them on the first drive).  In the game against Dallas they ran the ball 25 times, with Michel getting 20 of them.  It seems like the second KC goes up 17-7 or something, then Michel is going to stop getting opportunities; even if they don't completely abandon the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think majority of us are using him as our RB2 or even flex at this point. When comparing with other RB2 options there is probably risk involved with every player that range. We just gotta pick the player with best match up and upside. My options at rb2 are either Michel hyde or snell all with some risk involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.