oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

Just don’t trust McDaniels to keep him involved. He’s looked fine the last 3 weeks and they panic and completely abandon him as soon as they start losing. With a healthy Mahomes just seems like too big of a risk. 

4 hours ago, newyork2la said:

Just don’t trust McDaniels to keep him involved. He’s looked fine the last 3 weeks and they panic and completely abandon him as soon as they start losing. With a healthy Mahomes just seems like too big of a risk. 

100% correct you are!  They do like to ditch the run early, even when it has been documented to be an ineffective strategy.  I guess even if its broke don't fix it?  I (as well as most red-blooded Americans) will enjoy watching the Pats make an early exit from this year's playoffs.

13 hours ago, Al.Davis said:

100% correct you are!  They do like to ditch the run early, even when it has been documented to be an ineffective strategy.  I guess even if its broke don't fix it?  I (as well as most red-blooded Americans) will enjoy watching the Pats make an early exit from this year's playoffs.

I'm confused, are you guys agreeing with each other that Sony Michel should be getting MORE action???  The only time the offense looks respectable is when White is in the game.  What exactly isn't broke?  Sony is Trent Richardson.

Defenses don't respect the Pats pass game, and they certainly don't respect Michel as a receiving threat, so they have the ability to stack boxes.  They are entirely one dimensional when he is in the game.  White at minimum opens up the field and puts a prime defender on him in the pass game, helping out the other receivers.  Anything he does in the run game is a bonus, but their offense is at least competent when he is out there.  If the Patriots could play White 80% of the snaps they would, but they know he wouldn't hold up.

Their line was much better last year, and the run helped open up the pass.  That's not happening this year, so Michel is literally worthless to this 2019 team.

Droppable.  The ONLY appeal to this guy coming into the year was expected volume and GL opportunities.  They aren't giving him any volume, and the Pats offense is off right now, not giving Sony many GL opportunities.  Bolden vultures in the red zone, plus the heavy amount of work White gets.  Burkhead involved as well.  Dropping this guy as soon as I wake up Tuesday morning.  

I’ll be shocked if he’s in NE next year. Dudes horrendous. Probably doesn’t belong on any NFL roster. 2 TDs against Cincy coming up though 

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I’ll be shocked if he’s in NE next year. Dudes horrendous. Probably doesn’t belong on any NFL roster. 2 TDs against Cincy coming up though 

He'll be there until his rookie deal expires. Since when has Bill not kept JAGs around? He's got a stable of them.

Sony is straight trash anymore, it’s laughable watching him fall forward for a yard or two. I guess the super soft schedule the Pats had early on gave the team and it’s fans a false sense of security. They look old and beaten down suddenly ( Robert Kraft looks the worst) Karma is a MF. They should probably move on and start the rookie. How much worse could it look? 

Brady with his arm wrapped in ice at the press conference. Bengals on deck. If there was a Sony games this is it....... right?

11 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Brady with his arm wrapped in ice at the press conference. Bengals on deck. If there was a Sony games this is it....... right?

Yes.... must start, set and forget, league winner 

Sony is done. Stick a fork in him. This was supposed to be Michel’s month. Michel’s weather. Good riddance.

Edited by tpat30