colepenhagen

Lourdes Gurriel, Jr. 2019 Outlook

On 5/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, meh2 said:

I want to believe, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire against triple A pitching: 128 PA, 4HR, 2.3%bb rate, 18%k rate, and a 93wRC+. I'm more inclined to believe he beat up on some crappy pitching this weekend (HR off Lucchesi, Quantril, and Wisler).

Clearly not just beating up on crappy pitching.

1 hour ago, Eddie Mush said:

Just scooped him in a keeper league and surprised nobody had him. Was he supposed to have any hype behind him?

Yes. Since the day he signed.  I mean Houston only really signed his brother Yuli hoping it would give them an in to sign Lourdes. It didn't but that was how teams were thinking of him.  Their father was a star in the Cuban leagues for years too.  It is in the DNA.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Goodbye Franmil, hello Lourdes Savior!  Reports of a giant pile of leaves plaguing Toronto and Lourdes just won't stop raking.  Dude was a stud in limited time last season too.  Where is his permanent home though? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

Guess i should of made my avatar Lourdes damn me!

Do it. Maybe Vladito will finally take off...

• Like 1

Okay, time to piss in a cup for this guy. What an unbelievable run he’s on right now! 👍

Dude goes double dongs in back to back games and hardly any chatter. He's been a godsend. Bless the Lourde. 

• Haha 1

He heard the Lourdes Prayer and He delivered!

He is getting very very sneakeepery lately...

• Like 1

When he and Yuli got signed, and you guys may have to look up some of the stories or scouting reports; he was like the prized get. He had some huge headlines about him as a prospect at that time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

When he and Yuli got signed, and you guys may have to look up some of the stories or scouting reports; he was like the prized get. He had some huge headlines about him as a prospect at that time. 

Confirmed. I was really high on him at that time. Then he sputtered around for a bit, so hoping this is the breakout! 

• Like 1

Currently in the midst of a 9 game hitting streak where he’s had multiple hits in 7 of those games.

19/39 with 5 HR, 8 RBI and 11 R over that stretch.

Dealing with a jammed left wrist.

Edited by MrBrett

Is Lourdes legit? 

Can we expect him to finish the year with

.300/25/80/80 in 500ab?

That's a borderline 2nd or 3rd rd player.

logging in for the first time in a while... only 3 pages on the lourdes thread? i'm disappointed in you all

i've been hoping for this kind of thing ever since that 11-game multi-hit streak last year. only 7 other players in history had streaks that long, and they were 6 hall of famers and shoeless joe jackson. so, not the kind of thing you just fluke into, apparently

looks like he's gonna be an OF long-term, which is too bad, but if getting his mind off infield defense allows him to hit like this, i guess i'll allow it

7 minutes ago, wily mo said:

looks like he's gonna be an OF long-term, which is too bad, but if getting his mind off infield defense allows him to hit like this, i guess i'll allow it

Maybe not long, long term but he did log in 9 starts at 2B during his yips incarnation this year so on Yahoo we have him as 2B eligible for all of next year too.

And for people who play in redraft leagues on Yahoo that is especially golden.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 hour ago, wily mo said:

logging in for the first time in a while... only 3 pages on the lourdes thread? i'm disappointed in you all

i've been hoping for this kind of thing ever since that 11-game multi-hit streak last year. only 7 other players in history had streaks that long, and they were 6 hall of famers and shoeless joe jackson. so, not the kind of thing you just fluke into, apparently

His fault for sucking before June