Sign in to follow this  
machine3

C.J. Anderson 2019 Outlook

On 8/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

No, I am saying that CJ fits the Lions' scheme and what they want to do.  Not that KJ doesn't fit some of what they want to do but there are aspects that KJ is not fulfilling which CJ does. 

Journeyman is a fair way to put it.  Guy has only averaged over 4.0ypc every year of his career.  Had a 1000 yard season in 2017.  Maybe he has a problem eating twinkies or something.  Whatever.  He is the lead back in this offense. 

Twinkies or not, dude is a baller. It’s weird how he’s had all of this success yet no team keeps him around.

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Twinkies or not, dude is a baller. It’s weird how he’s had all of this success yet no team keeps him around.

Dude was a baller in Denver. I repped him all the time while he was there and they wasted time with Booker. Something happened after he left. Carolina cut him midseason, Oakland cut him, and then he still looked horribly out of shape even on the Rams. Everyone jizzed all over his numbers but now Malcolm Brown is doing the same thing and people need to realize beating up on worn out opponents in the last weeks of the season doesn't mean much when you are in one of the top offenses in the NFL.

He didn't look fit in Detroit.  He looked bad in camp.  Every camp report I read was bad news.  He was awful in preseason and looked fat and slow.  Same for the start of the season.

The guy isn't the same guy in Denver, and sadly it seems to be more of a fitness issue.  Guy is only 28.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Working out for the Texans. He’ll be snagged up in all 12 teamers this week

Interesting.  Seems like they should be pretty happy with Hyde’s production.  How much more would they expect Anderson could give them I wonder.

2 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Interesting.  Seems like they should be pretty happy with Hyde’s production.  How much more would they expect Anderson could give them I wonder.

I’m not sure. 4.8 ypc on the season for Hyde but that’s heavily boosted by a great week 1. Maybe CJA replaces Duke and they send him to special teams 😂

A savvy play indeed would be to grab CJA now, because I believe if he signs with a team later this week he goes on waivers again. But obviously you’re holding a ticket that may never cash either while bypassing other waiver options. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Glad I dropped duke Sunday morning.  3rd round pick from Houston and they never gave him a shot.  Perplexing. 

He sucks.   Ok...he's not good.

I told everyone here he was a JAG and some laughed.

Edited by DLG10

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

He sucks.   Ok...he's not good.

I told everyone here he was a JAG.

It's not that he sucks, it is that he's not used properly. A guy who had over 1000 total yards, 70+ receptions, and 7 TDs in a season, it's tough for me to say he sucks. It wasn't until last year that his usage plummeted.

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

That would be hilarious if everyone ran to pick up Gallman and the Giants wind up just signing CJA. 😂

...to backup Gallman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

That would be hilarious if everyone ran to pick up Gallman and the Giants wind up just signing CJA. 😂

It has happened hundreds of times 

• Like 1

So apparently Houston passed?  And no additional news?

If the Giants were really interested in CJA or Ajayi, then why not bring them in yesterday as well along with the trash heap they looked at?

Fat CJA maybe isn't as appealing to many.  I'm curious why Detroit let him go.  Kerryon had 20 carries last week but did squat with them.

17 minutes ago, CooL said:

So apparently Houston passed?  And no additional news?

If the Giants were really interested in CJA or Ajayi, then why not bring them in yesterday as well along with the trash heap they looked at?

Fat CJA maybe isn't as appealing to many.  I'm curious why Detroit let him go.  Kerryon had 20 carries last week but did squat with them.

I read that Houston didn't necessarily "pass", but that there was mutual interest, but not deal struck yet.

He might've had the Houston workout scheduled, and Giants brought in that list of scrubs to workout when they could. With the idea to check out CJ later. Who knows.

It's a free lottery ticket, not expecting much out of it, but I still think it's worth holding onto for a few days to see if we get lucky.

29 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

Bump

I also thought he looked about 45 months pregnant. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

Todd gurley banged up

CJ only got an opportunity last year because Malcom Brown was injured at the time.

• Thanks 1