Sign in to follow this  
rdf8585

Sonny Gray 2019 Outlook

Red offense is just killing Gray.  He's 5-1 in his last 10 starts.  In the 5 games he didn't get the win, he's pitched 31.2 innings and allowed 5 runs, 4 of which were earned. 

14 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

Red offense is just killing Gray.  He's 5-1 in his last 10 starts.  In the 5 games he didn't get the win, he's pitched 31.2 innings and allowed 5 runs, 4 of which were earned. 

True, but him not getting the win in his last 2 starts now goes squarely on the bullpen.  He left with the lead both times, only to watch the bullpen blow it both times.

Also, I have no idea why he was taken out today at only 85 pitches.  Not sure if he was due up in the next inning or not as I wasn't able to watch the game, but they were up 3-1, so I'm not sure why he wasn't allowed to pitch the 7th.  Maybe things end up differently if they use one less crappy relief pitcher.

43 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Looking like a true top 25 SP going into next season. 

Definitely.  It's a shame he's not pitching for a better team, as he's likely been at least Top 15 if not factoring in Wins, but it's hard to argue with the insane consistency from him this season.