Homerj24

Matt Chapman 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Another O’fer. At least he didn’t K today

another error too. he is in a mental funk. Kinda hope they give him a rest day.

8 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

What kind of leash do we give here?  I don’t care about his defense in fantasy.  Need the bat.

A long one. Even with this cold streak his numbers are still respectable. (especially his obp) Not really concerned as far as his rest of season outlook. Piscotty on the other hand..

45 minutes ago, MoonyGray said:

This is a bad hitter. Good fielder though. 

That’s such reactionary BS lol. He’s made massive strides with his plate disicipline and is still OPSing over .850 while in a slump. His babip is about 30-40 points below where his floor would be and he’s projected for over 30 homers right now. Definitely a bad hitter. 

• Like 1

You guys who are panicking need to relax. I wouldn't drop him in an 8 team league even if he continues this for another 2 weeks. He'll be a top 10 3b by season's end. 

He did the same thing last year. It will come around again. I’m only saying he’s been ice cold. 

4 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

He did the same thing last year. It will come around again. I’m only saying he’s been ice cold. 

No ones calling you out haha he’s most definitely been cold lately. 

5 minutes ago, KrunK said:

No ones calling you out haha he’s most definitely been cold lately. 

Oh I know....just want to be clear. People talking about dropping. No way. Kid is a star, but he’s prone to these type of droughts apparently. 

To be fair most guys will go through slumps like this at some point especially young players. Baseball is hard haha. 

3 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

This is a bad hitter. 

Fantasy baseball is probably not for you

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrunK said:

To be fair most guys will go through slumps like this at some point especially young players. Baseball is hard haha. 

On pace for 34HR and 82RBI. He will mix in some slumps with some hot streaks to reach numbers close to those. Can;'t believe some people still freak out over a rough week or two haha

on the flip side...he does kinda look like the same hitter from last year, which was kyle seager like, solid yet boring. There are some holes in his swing. So there's that.

5 minutes ago, MoonyGray said:

Brr! It's cold in here! 😀

Very cold, snap out of it Matt.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, David Aames said:

on the flip side...he does kinda look like the same hitter from last year, which was kyle seager like, solid yet boring. There are some holes in his swing. So there's that.

Seriously? The underlying metrics say otherwise. He’s on pace for more HR, he’s BBing more, K’ing much less.

If there are holes in his swing, there are only 43 hitters whom you can say don’t have it worst. He’s 44th overall in K% so far this year and ahead of Alex Bregman, Freddie Freeman, Christian Yelich, Xander Bogaerts, and Starling Marte

Edited by UberRebel

4 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Seriously? The underlying metrics say otherwise. He’s on pace for more HR, he’s BBing more, K’ing much less.

If there are holes in his swing, there are only 43 hitters whom you can say don’t have it worst. He’s 44th overall in K% so far this year and ahead of Alex Bregman, Freddie Freeman, Christian Yelich, Xander Bogaerts, and Starling Marte

Hold on I’m trying to find underlying metrics under categories in my fantasy league, I’ll report back.

6 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Hold on I’m trying to find underlying metrics under categories in my fantasy league, I’ll report back.

Nice wise-guy response. Except that in his actual fantasy stats, he’s on pace for more HR and RBI than last year. 

The point I was making was that based on what you should be looking at (underlying metrics that predict stats as opposed to actual stats) he’s a different hitter this year

16 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Nice wise-guy response. Except that in his actual fantasy stats, he’s on pace for more HR and RBI than last year. 

The point I was making was that based on what you should be looking at (underlying metrics that predict stats as opposed to actual stats) he’s a different hitter this year

I agree with you, just having some fun at Chapman’s expense.  Seriously though, he needs to get it going.

5 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

On pace for 37 HRs. The bellyaching around here is bewildering.

Rub my belly Serious Sid. LOVE Chapman! ❤️

1 hour ago, UberRebel said:

On pace for 37 HRs. The bellyaching around here is bewildering.

Batting .184 over the last month. Warranted bellyaching