Homerj24

Matt Chapman 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Stickfig13 said:

 

Batting .184 over the last month. Warranted bellyaching 

 

I'm showing over the last 30 days (before today's HR) that he had 5 HRs, batting .240 over the past month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, UberRebel said:

 

I'm showing over the last 30 days (before today's HR) that he had 5 HRs, batting .240 over the past month

 

Sorry. Last two weeks. Including a big game yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really been struggling lately and K'ing a lot... hope he can break out of this slump soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude is pretty piss poor to be honest.  His little streak recently was nice but this is the batter he really is.

3k’s today already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DemOrioles said:

This dude is pretty piss poor to be honest.  His little streak recently was nice but this is the batter he really is.

3k’s today already.

How can you say the slump is who he really is and not just a slump that differs from his track record the past two years?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

This dude is pretty piss poor to be honest.  His little streak recently was nice but this is the batter he really is.

3k’s today already.

 

He's striking out less (18.8% vs 23.7%) and walking more (10.2% vs 9.4%) than last year.

His BaBIP is 77 points lower this year than last (.261 vs .338) as a result of a small dip in LD% (16.7 vs 20.4%) despite more hard (44.1% vs 43.3%) and medium (42.6% vs 40.7%) contact and less soft (13.2% vs 16.1%).

His exit velo (92.6 vs 93.0), WOBA (.357 vs .358) are nearly identical, and XWOBAcon (.407 and .408) are nearly identical.


He's slumping at a 3/32 clip, it happens. Last June 8 through June 16th, Nolan Arenado went 4/32 (albeit with less K's, but still a slump).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoGo said:

 

He's striking out less (18.8% vs 23.7%) and walking more (10.2% vs 9.4%) than last year.

His BaBIP is 77 points lower this year than last (.261 vs .338) as a result of a small dip in LD% (16.7 vs 20.4%) despite more hard (44.1% vs 43.3%) and medium (42.6% vs 40.7%) contact and less soft (13.2% vs 16.1%).

His exit velo (92.6 vs 93.0), WOBA (.357 vs .358) are nearly identical, and XWOBAcon (.407 and .408) are nearly identical.


He's slumping at a 3/32 clip, it happens. Last June 8 through June 16th, Nolan Arenado went 4/32 (albeit with less K's, but still a slump).

Chapman is Arenado, confirmed!

Seriously though, great post. Players slump, if someoneis that shook I'd jump at a chance to buy Chapman.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was just going to say, now might be a great time to try and buy Chapman. I own him and would not sell cheap, but I'm sure a lot of impatient managers out there might.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice bounce back yesterday. 0-7 career vs LeBlanc tonight, but still gonna roll him out there. He was really flashy/streaky at times in 2018 as well. Kinda gotta ride the lightning with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHITE hot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 7:12 PM, DownSouthWolverine said:

Yeah I'm about ready to move on from this guy.  Someone like Chavis is probably a batter bet.

🙄🙄🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6/60 since July 17 (2 HR 5 RBI) 

Average down to .254 from .280.  Love the HRs but guy is struggling big time.  

Can he get it back on track or will the struggles continue?

Edited by Palmetto08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Palmetto08 said:

6/60 since July 17 (2 HR 5 RBI) 

Average down to .254 from .280.  Love the HRs but guy is struggling big time.  

Can he get it back on track or will the struggles continue?

He seems pretty streaky this year.  That sucks for guys in weekly lineups, but hard to justify letting him go in deeper leagues.  He could just as easily start another hot streak and you want to be on-board when he does.  His career numbers suggest that his .280 average would stand to regress but likewise, I think he should get back to the .270 range by season's end.  He is an everyday starter as well and hits in a prime counting stats position in the lineup.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I agree. I expect the average to come out to about .275 by season's end. He's also right in the prime of that lineup. But his streaks have been kind of frustrating. In roto, you have to ride it out...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was ice cold earlier this year and then from June 14 through July 17 he posted:

.366/.443/.720/1.163, 11 doubles, 2 triples, 6 homers, 22 runs, 23 rbi with a 12.3% BB vs only 15.1% K rates.

His BaBIP was .394, but his xWOBA .473 implying that there wasn't as much luck as the balls-in-play line would suggest.

 

 

Dude will heat up again. Hopefully its down the stretch/into the fantasy playoff season.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 12:18 PM, LoGo said:

He was ice cold earlier this year and then from June 14 through July 17 he posted:

.366/.443/.720/1.163, 11 doubles, 2 triples, 6 homers, 22 runs, 23 rbi with a 12.3% BB vs only 15.1% K rates.

His BaBIP was .394, but his xWOBA .473 implying that there wasn't as much luck as the balls-in-play line would suggest.

 

 

Dude will heat up again. Hopefully its down the stretch/into the fantasy playoff season.

 

He's coming back. 7-22 with 3 homers his last 5 games. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, DemOrioles said:

This dude is pretty piss poor to be honest.  His little streak recently was nice but this is the batter he really is.

3k’s today already.

 

On 6/16/2019 at 5:12 PM, DownSouthWolverine said:

Yeah I'm about ready to move on from this guy.  Someone like Chavis is probably a batter bet.

 

On 7/31/2019 at 9:55 AM, Stickfig13 said:

Ice cold.... 1/24 last week 

LOL

Amazing that people never remember how baseball works

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...