BrianM

Golden Tate III 2019 Outlook

“My time is limited. I want to go to a team that has a chance,” Tate said (via Geoff Mosher of Inside the Birds Podcast). “If I don’t stay here of course, I would love to stay here. My years are limited. I don’t have time to go somewhere that wants to rebuild. I need to go somewhere where they believe they can win now. That’s what I want to do, but who knows. Something I have to think about.”

Obviously he's looking at contenders then......I'm sure his agent just threw up a bit since now all these good teams are gonna offer him less knowing he's aiming at a winner.

Would he fit in New Orleans?   They're the best of the final four that I think has a need for a slot WR.   Saints have failed to pin down a true second WR next to Thomas, and aren't shy about trying veterans there.     If that's a no, my next best guess is the Colts.   They're not a super-contender, but I actually love the idea of Tate in their offense next year.   

New England, who is set to lose Hogan and with Gordon..... uhm, "retiring".  If he's willing to sign a slightly below market deal, I could see him possibly going there.  I understand they have Edelman, but with Gronk also probably retiring they could use more 4 wide with double slot and Julian can play outside in the system.

Niners need WR's and specifically a slot guy.  Ravens?  Saints is a good idea although they move Thomas around a ton in this slot.  I'm sure Payton could figure something out though.  Love the Colts but feel like they need an outside guy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Thats bull****. He will go to a team that throws bunch of dollars at him

100%.  He's won a superbowl, and will be going to the highest bidder next year.  Could see him end up in Oakland or Buffalo.

Maybe his fit wasn’t right in Philly, or maybe it was too short of a time to find his place there. But he looked disinterested and low effort in the Eagles loss last weekend. Do not want that crap near my team. His whole thing used to be high effort, high focus, finish every play guy. He wasn’t that when it mattered last week 

So much for that going to a contender speech.  I don't really have an issue with any player chasing the money, but it was just....odd for him to say that.   

Once i heard NE was interested, i figured he's a lock there.   Would love to know what the Pats offered, assuming they did draw something up.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

So how does this help the NYG in a rebuild?  Why add his contract to your cap?

Who's their next pickup Jordy Nelson? 😱

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

D1phzQ6WkAAkAdZ.jpg

Edited by The 7th Beatles
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You must not be too familiar with the inestimable Dave Gettleman...

Just now, BMcP said:

You must not be too familiar with the inestimable Dave Gettleman...

So now Barkley has to compete with Tate for passes?  🤔

Gettleman and the Giants can't even do a rebuild right!

Knowing how people love to draft on past performance I will likely not have Tate on any teams this year.

10 hours ago, jumper said:

Sucks to be you if you’re an Engram dynasty owner. 

I don’t think the Giants replacing Odell Beckham with Golden Tate should send Engram owners running toward the ledge.

If anything, Tate might be the perfect WR to help open things up for Engram. Tate’s good enough to command defensive attention , but not good enough to be a target hog. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I don’t think the Giants replacing Odell Beckham with Golden Tate should send Engram owners running toward the ledge.

If anything, Tate might be the perfect WR to help open things up for Engram. Tate’s good enough to command defensive attention , but not good enough to be a target hog. 

Not sure how Tate helps Engram considering the field will shorten with no OBJ. Granted tate can run a full route tree but no one is worried about  him as a deep threat and his true skill is his ability to gain yards after the short pass

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

What makes you think the Giants are rebuilding?  Won't the fact that they are trotting out Eli Manning as there Qb tell you they are not?

1 hour ago, StuPitt said:

What makes you think the Giants are rebuilding?  Won't the fact that they are trotting out Eli Manning as there Qb tell you they are not?

traded away their  3 best defensive players +OBJ is a rebuild in my mind. Eli still there means they screwed up and accept they can't move him or release him, so they ride it out with him because they have no better choice

Tate is the most undervalued player in FF right now. 

The #1 WR on the Giants, over Shepard. Takes over the OBJ role. Eli loves tough, crafty receivers like Tate. He will be the beneficiary of wide open play-action passes and major YAC. Lots of targets coming his way. 1000+ yards most likely.

1 hour ago, Adp23 said:

Tate is the most undervalued player in FF right now. 

The #1 WR on the Giants, over Shepard. Takes over the OBJ role. Eli loves tough, crafty receivers like Tate. He will be the beneficiary of wide open play-action passes and major YAC. Lots of targets coming his way. 1000+ yards most likely.

Given that your previous hot take was that Saquon is injury proof, I take this with a grain of salt - and I say that having just drafted Tate.

Tate is not great. The Giants are not great. Tate is a decent chance of a WR3 and that's it.

Are you by any chance a Giants homer?

Tate is the best and most experienced WR on what I expect to be a bad team this season. He could end up being a garbage time darling. While I think his ceiling is pretty modest, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him wind up as a strong WR3 option. I think he has legit value at his current ADP (WR44 in half PPR) and I'm sincerely shocked to see some of the names that are coming off the board before him at this point. 

On 1/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, BrianM said:

“My time is limited. I want to go to a team that has a chance,” Tate said

As opposed to all those players who want to go to a team that doesn't have a chance?  What an idiot lol

Tate has long been a guy who will get the catches, but little else. His yards and TDs almost always underwhelm. Pretty high floor (I think...it is the Giants)/low ceiling. 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, Adp23 said:

The #1 WR on the Giants, over Shepard.

That's debatable.

I'll take Shep, personally.