BrianM

Golden Tate III 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, DoomedRBs said:

Hopefully everyone waited

It was his first game back. If anybody played him it was out of desperation. Hopefully in a couple of weeks he will be a safe play.

6 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

It was his first game back. If anybody played him it was out of desperation. Hopefully in a couple of weeks he will be a safe play.

I played him, not out of desperation, just being over hopeful and wanted to finally put him in my lineup after holding since drafting. Definitely waiting moving forward. Oh well. 

4 minutes ago, Novaray said:

Shepard back in concussion protocol

This should translate into more opportunities for Tate, but, he's playing against the Patriots this week. 😨 Anyone thinking about starting him?

4 minutes ago, Kilo said:

This should translate into more opportunities for Tate, but, he's playing against the Patriots this week. 😨 Anyone thinking about starting him?

no-sir-idont-like-it-imgflip-com-3229595

• Haha 4

You figure he's gotta be in line for 10+ targets, minimum. Granted that could result in a 3 for 39 line. I understand starting him, but I wouldn't be confident doing so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You figure he's gotta be in line for 10+ targets, minimum. Granted that could result in a 3 for 39 line. I understand starting him, but I wouldn't be confident doing so. 

That NE defense is filthy. I think Tate will be good to go after that game. He's a sit for me unless a bye week filler or need to plug an injury.

• Like 1

Cole beasley had 7 for 75 against the Pats, Tate is the same style slot WR and probably even at 31 has more talent.  10 targets is possible if he can catch 6 not a bad day for PPR.

Seriously, had a dream last night that he put up 31 points, but was on my bench.

Still not starting him this week.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Now Engram is out, man super tempted to roll him out. They will be down 35-0 by the 2nd quarter. Lots of garbage time. 

I'm tempted as well because shepard,barkley,gallman and engram probably are out Tate might not get more then 50 yards with 0 TDs. But might end up with 15+ catches

Just now, Novaray said:

didn't think he would eat with just Shepard out but now Engram too hmmmm....

yeah, he's gonna easily see 10+ targets Thursday night ... he's a complete and utter nutbar, so he's gonna be very pumped to shine out on the national stage - pretty sweet stat line incoming, methinks. 

3 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

I'm tempted as well because shepard,barkley,gallman and engram probably are out Tate might not get more then 50 yards with 0 TDs. But might end up with 15+ catches

Tate will draw the attention from EVERYBODY. They are going against the best secondary in the league. I don't feel good about it at all. I'd rather have Engram and Shep healthy. Targets are great, but if he's smothered it isn't going to matter.

• Like 1

Hate to be that guy but Tate is incredibly overrated. He's no better than the #3 option on the Giants when Saquon is healthy.

Just now, sSektor said:

Hate to be that guy but Tate is incredibly overrated. He's no better than the #3 option on the Giants when Saquon is healthy.

OMG you mean he isn't better than a top 3 fantasy back or top 3 fantasy TE this year?  People going after Tate are looking at the bottom of the barrel at this point, can't expect great numbers.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

I only see him as a solid flex. I didn't see him as anything more going into the season. I think his stock was actually better with Eli starting. Fortunately he's just a bench guy for me who I can slide in there if I get injuries or need him for a bye. But at this point, most people picked him up recently and he's about the best that's left in the pool.

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

don't think anyone is gonna die on a hill arguing against that point ... hell, some might say #4 option when all present and accounted for -

but they're not for this week. 

ergo, table is set - kid's gonna deliver. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kid's gonna deliver. 

Against the best secondary in the league?

Due to bye weeks/injuries might not have a choice and hes not a horrible flex in a game that should see Jones throw a ton of passes.

• Thanks 1