BrianM

Golden Tate III 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Apparently Sheppard is coming back. So is Engram. Is Tate droppable by any chance in Half PPR? 

Doesn't affect Tate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justblazedawg said:

Apparently Sheppard is coming back. So is Engram. Is Tate droppable by any chance in Half PPR? 

Drop?? Sit if you want sure.  You must of not noticed how injury prone Engram and Sheppard are.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Drop?? Sit if you want sure.  You must of not noticed how injury prone Engram and Sheppard are.

My dude said drop hahahahaha #6teamleague

• Like 3

This dude has been a PPR beast for 6 straight weeks now. Is he a must start going forward? GB, PHI, MIA, WAS.

Edited by BadMoon

Yes he's in the protocol.  This close to the playoffs, these concussion injuries seem to keep guys out 3 weeks or more, so it's going to be hard to keep him rostered unless we hear something more positive in a day or so.  He's been steady production though, can't complain about that.

10 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Yes he's in the protocol.  This close to the playoffs, these concussion injuries seem to keep guys out 3 weeks or more, so it's going to be hard to keep him rostered unless we hear something more positive in a day or so.  He's been steady production though, can't complain about that.

Some guys miss a week. Some guys don’t miss any games. We just have to wait and see. I wouldn’t drop him in PPR unless they say he’s done for the year. 

52 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Revenge game baby, you know he wants to make a statement.

Waiting till Monday to know for sure he is playing plus Eli Manning bring back..... no thanks 

I reluctantly dropped him because I couldn't see starting him this week and needed the roster space.  Manning back in along with Engram likely coming back....  Too much risk for week one of the playoffs.  It sucks, because I was REALLY looking forward to rolling him out against Philly when I was planning earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

Revenge game baby, you know he wants to make a statement.

I don't think there's much of a revenge factor here 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, esprits4s said:

I reluctantly dropped him because I couldn't see starting him this week and needed the roster space.  Manning back in along with Engram likely coming back....  Too much risk for week one of the playoffs.  It sucks, because I was REALLY looking forward to rolling him out against Philly when I was planning earlier in the season.

Own him and he has juicy match ups. His selling point was lack of targets stealers in Shephard and especially Engram over the middle where he works. Not sure about his value now.

This isn't as juicy of a matchup as it appears.eagles are near bottom of the league against outside wrs, but great against slot wrs. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Own him and he has juicy match ups. His selling point was lack of targets stealers in Shephard and especially Engram over the middle where he works. Not sure about his value now.

He's a hold if you have the space, but I can't see starting him this week outside of really deep leagues.

25 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

He's a hold if you have the space, but I can't see starting him this week outside of really deep leagues.

He’s had double digit PPR points every week except for his very first one where he played like half the snaps. He’s a must start if active in 12 team or deeper leagues. Unless you have insane depth. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He’s had double digit PPR points every week except for his very first one where he played like half the snaps. He’s a must start if active in 12 team or deeper leagues. Unless you have insane depth. 

Yeah im not dropping until I see what this scenario looks like with Eli and Tate vs Shepard in the slot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corey In Da House said:

Yeah im not dropping until I see what this scenario looks like with Eli and Tate vs Shepard in the slot.

The #1 beneficiary will be Barkley. He’s gonna go back to 8 catches a game. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Disagree.  The Giants were short handed every one of those weeks.  Now Shepherd, Engram, and Barkley are all healthy at the same time.  Plus Manning, who hasn't thrown a regular season pass to Tate, is likely to start.  Tate could have a good game, but it is a very risky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corey In Da House said:

Agreed, ideally if you have Tate, you can sit him for a week and see how things play out.  Engram coming back is another factor.  I don't think Tate would completely disappear, but I could see Tate only getting 4-5 targets versus the 8-9ish or whatever targets he was getting before.

4 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Agreed, ideally if you have Tate, you can sit him for a week and see how things play out.  Engram coming back is another factor.  I don't think Tate would completely disappear, but I could see Tate only getting 4-5 targets versus the 8-9ish or whatever targets he was getting before.

Which plummets his value. He was already loses targets/catches slightly and got bailed out by tds. Now throw in Engram roaming the middle. Plus against weak teams how much are theu gonna be throwing?

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1