Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Bell set the precedent last year. There’s going to be a pride element at play here among the players.  Not to be the one who gave in.

Unless Jerry is bluffing, this dude isn’t plying this year.  

"I don't think he's in the form that he could go out and do the things that we're accustomed to seeing him do for a whole game." - Marshall Faulk says Ezekiel Elliott, who he is working out with, won't be fully ready for Week 1 (@dpshow)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Bell set the precedent last year. There’s going to be a pride element at play here among the players.  Not to be the one who gave in.

Then his contract rolls over to 2020 and 2021.   Sitting out the entire season really isn’t an option as I understand it.   

9 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

for. the. last. time. 

BELL WAS NOT UNDER CONTRACT. 

🐿

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

He very well may drop down to 9th overall now which is where I am at in one of my leagues.

Should I take him? No.

Are all the signs pointing to him being a bad pick there? Yes.

Anyways, see ya'll in the vent and rant thread in a month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Hilarious he assumes that if they haven’t agreed to terms by playoff time, that they would agree then.

I believe most think he would likely report Week 10 so he gets credit for the season toward Free Agency.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

for. the. last. time. 

BELL WAS NOT UNDER CONTRACT. 

🐿

Good point.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He very well may drop down to 9th overall now which is where I am at in one of my leagues.

Should I take him? No.

Are all the signs pointing to him being a bad pick there? Yes.

Anyways, see ya'll in the vent and rant thread in a month.

Unless we also drafted Pollard (  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) 

• Like 1

I think he misses (if at all ) 2-3 games max before they wind up paying him. Totally different situation as some said before than Bell of last year. That involved being franchise tagged as Zeke still has 2 years left on his rookie contract.

• Like 1

If he does not accept the current offer, which I read is what, top 2 RB money, if I’m Jerry Jones I am throwing the book at this guy: no more offers, enforcing every breach of contract fine and playing hard ball with him till he gets his a** back to the team. And I say this as I role play Jerry Jones even though my boy Bluecore took Zeke 4th overall in his fantasy draft. 

You sign a contract, you honor it, period.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluecore said:

If he does not accept the current offer, which I read is what, top 2 RB money, if I’m Jerry Jones I am throwing the book at this guy: no more offers, enforcing every breach of contract fine and playing hard ball with him till he gets his a** back to the team. And I say this as I role play Jerry Jones even though my boy Bluecore took Zeke 4th overall in his fantasy draft. 

Then you might as well trade him now.

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Then you might as well trade him now.

Dont need to, I have him cuffed. There’s more upside to holding him at this point 

Say you knew he would miss 4 games and be back to start week 5.  Do you still take him in the top 4?

If you haven't drafted yet. Where are you supposed to take him? I don't see how you pull the trigger in the first round.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluecore said:

Dont need to, I have him cuffed. There’s more upside to holding him at this point 

Not you personally- the cowboys.   If you’re not going to pay him he’s dead weight.    Shop him around...see what the interest looks like.   He’s not going to get any more valuable than as a 24 year old 2 time rushing champion considered the best all around back in the game 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, herschel said:

Say you knew he would miss 4 games and be back to start week 5.  Do you still take him in the top 4?

No. He's not 25% of the season better than Hopkins and a few other guys. If he missed 4 weeks I would take him around the 9-15 range.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I believe most think he would likely report Week 10 so he gets credit for the season toward Free Agency.

That is correct. Only fantasy relevant player I can remember doing that was vjax with San Diego. 

1 minute ago, herschel said:

That's a third of the regular season in fantasy. You drop 4 games to start, that's going to be tough to come back from. You HAVE to reach for Pollard if you want a chance.

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Absolutely- Just like I did with Bell when he was suspended.   Cuff appropriately.    

It’s simply not possible to know that for sure in this case. 

Edited by Impreza178

59 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I see him as a 2020 bust candidate

You must be looking for the Ezekiel Elliott 2020 Outlook thread. 

17 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

It's a two-way street, when the owners start holding up their end of the bargain this statement will hold more weight. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Not you personally- the cowboys.   If you’re not going to pay him he’s dead weight.    Shop him around...see what the interest looks like.   He’s not going to get any more valuable than as a 24 year old 2 time rushing champion considered the best all around back in the game 

I agree. I know had they not drafted Josh Jacobs, my Raiders would have been stupid enough to pay him, I’m sure there’s one other team out there