Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

 

I agree. I know had they not drafted Josh Jacobs, my Raiders would have been stupid enough to pay him, I’m sure there’s one other team out there

Jets already signed Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 RB draft class looks pretty nice. Might not be another Zeke but I think they could get somebody 90% of Zeke. Etienne, Jonathon Taylor, Swift, Eno, Akers, Vaughn just to name a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m_cox22 said:

2020 RB draft class looks pretty nice. Might not be another Zeke but I think they could get somebody 90% of Zeke.

Jonathon Swift, Eno 

 

well, if nothing else, they'll have an incredible book to show for it ... or a meticulously produced platter. 

🏄‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...hypothetically...if he sits week 1-3 and Pollard plays well, Dak steps up and Dal is winning...then what? If I was JJ I would tell him to F*** off and save the money for Dak and Cooper. I get what Zeke is trying to do and if Dallas didn't have other high profile talent to spend on it would of probably worked....but his timing is horrible. Someone is gonna have to walk. Cooper they just gave a 1st rd pick for, Dak (may not be great) but they view him as their future QB and has played well. IDK

As someone who passed on Elliot and drafted Pollard I say....ZEKE WHO?!?!?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

So...hypothetically...if he sits week 1-3 and Pollard plays well, Dak steps up and Dal is winning...then what? If I was JJ I would tell him to F*** off and save the money for Dak and Cooper. I get what Zeke is trying to do and if Dallas didn't have other high profile talent to spend on it would of probably worked....but his timing is horrible. Someone is gonna have to walk. Cooper they just gave a 1st rd pick for, Dak (may not be great) but they view him as their future QB and has played well. IDK

As someone who passed on Elliot and drafted Pollard I say....ZEKE WHO?!?!?

 

This is what it all comes down to.  If Pollard is decent, and it looks like he will be behind that line, and Dallas is winning, Zeke loses his leverage.  Pollard doesn't have to set records, he just has to be good enough for them to win.  If Pollard blows out a knee or averages 2 YPC it's a different story.  I maintain the worst case for Zeke and Gordon is they show up for the last 6 games to make the season count off their contract, and the team benches them or does an RBBC.  There is nothing advantageous for either player in skipping the whole season.  Also worth pointing out that Dallas has an easy start to their season, and they will have to really screw up to not be 3-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, herschel said:

Say you knew he would miss 4 games and be back to start week 5.  Do you still take him in the top 4?

When Bell was suspended to start the season, he dropped to the back of the first round.  I think that's where I'd feel comfortable drafting Zeke in that scenario.  Only problem is that you don't know he will only miss 4 games.  Could be 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm in a 10 team league where my roster will be solid anyway, I still take Zeke round 1. In my current 14 team league, do I touch Zeke right now? Hellll no. 

So, just depends on replacement value

Edited by kball09
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s odd that Elliott is being drafted like a top 5 RB, even though there is a chance for a holdout. He went 4th in my 10 team PPR on Friday. Isn’t the risk too high for the early 1st round? Gordon is being drafted around the 5th round because of his holdout risk. I don’t know how you can take Elliott over other established every down backs like Bell when you don’t even know how many games he will miss. It seems there is no upside. He either plays all 16 games and was worth the top 5 pick, or he holds out and was a bust in the first round. There’s no scenario where he outperforms his stock. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

It's a two-way street, when the owners start holding up their end of the bargain this statement will hold more weight. 

Contracts in the NFL don’t mean s--- because they aren’t guaranteed. At any point the team can cut the player and void the contract. For that reason, I can’t fault any player for doing what’s best for him. The teams certainly do. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Waiting for Zeke to sign

Image result for skeleton waiting

People that have no connection to Zeke in fantasy:

Image result for eating popcorn gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

8/28

 

Yeah, I'm there already too.  Seems obvious now that his holdout is going to extend into the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point i rather have polard at 6th, save me the headache.  Then i would be very happy yoinking polard at 6 or 7th. YOINK!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Not you personally- the cowboys.   If you’re not going to pay him he’s dead weight.    Shop him around...see what the interest looks like.   He’s not going to get any more valuable than as a 24 year old 2 time rushing champion considered the best all around back in the game 

 

Give Houston a call.  Zeke wouldn't even have to go out of state.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see the logic in using a top 5 pick on a RB who does everything you could've hoped for when taking him there, offering him 95% of what he wants, then drawing a firm red line at going the extra 5%.

Doesn't make sense

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I just don't see the logic in using a top 5 pick on a RB who does everything you could've hoped for when taking him there, offering him 95% of what he wants, then drawing a firm red line at going the extra 5%.

Doesn't make sense

Can be said the other way also. Getting 95% of what you want instead of being a baby and holding out on your contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Can be said the other way also. Getting 95% of what you want instead of being a baby and holding out on your contract.

Sure, most things can.

Do the Cowboys think Zeke is the best RB in the league?

Because they're sending the message that they don't, and I can understand feeling insulted by that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

I don’t have any part of this fight but I remember Rod Smith and Joseph Randle looking like dog s behind this line.

 

Huh? Joseph Randle hasn't played for the Cowboys since Obama was in office.

Rod Smith isn't exactly all-world.

I do know Alf Morris looked pretty good the short time he was playing behind this line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

Sure, most things can.

Do the Cowboys think Zeke is the best RB in the league?

Because they're sending the message that they don't, and I can understand feeling insulted by that

He is the one holding out on the contract HE signed. Don't sign it if you don't like it. He is sending the bad message. Finish the deal YOU agreed to and then see what they think of you with a new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

He is the one holding out on the contract HE signed. Don't sign it if you don't like it. He is sending the bad message. Finish the deal YOU agreed to and then see what they think of you with a new contract.

 

Except that Zeke is still on his rookie contract, so he didn't really have a choice or opportunity to negotiate a better deal due to the rookie wage scale.  He's been making only $2-3M/yr, which he's obviously far out performed.  Given the short shelf life of NFL players and RBs in particular, I don't blame Zeke for wanting to be fairly compensated at all.  Jerry just needs to suck it up and "PAY THE MAN HIS MONEY".  Zeke has made Dallas relevant again and brought in far more money and value to the Cowboys than they've ever paid him - they wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs without him.

Edited by kraftwrk_5
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

 

Except that Zeke was still on his rookie contract, so he didn't really have a choice or opportunity to negotiate a better deal.  He's been making only $2-3M/yr, which he's obviously far out performed.  Given the short shelf life of NFL players and RBs in particular, I don't blame Zeke for wanting to be fairly compensated at all.  Jerry just needs to suck it up and "PAY THE MAN HIS MONEY".  Zeke has made Dallas relevant again and brought in far more money and value to the Cowboys than they've ever paid him - they wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs without him.

Don't sign a contract you don't want. Or fullfill it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

 

Give Houston a call.  Zeke wouldn't even have to go out of state.

We're good, thanks though. Although to be fair he'd probably be the best pass blocker on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...