Rotoworld.com Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Just now, eg4190 said:

But if he misses 6 games, returns Week 7 and scores 20 points, then goes on bye in Week 8 -- now most of the fantasy season is over and you might be out of the playoffs.  Zeke will be putting up lots of points on the consolation ladder if he extends the holdout that far.

I'm not grabbing Zeke unless he falls to the third/fourth round range, which obviously isn't going to happen.  I'd much rather grab Nuk or Julio or something if I'm picking at the end of the first and Zeke is still on the board.

That is certainly a risk you would have to take.  You'd have to have faith that you do well managing your team and finding a good player off waivers or off your bench.  People lose their first round pick due to injury all the time and can still find ways to make the playoffs.  It also depends on your league's playoff settings.  If a lot of people make the playoffs then go for it.  If it's only like for teams then maybe it's not worth the risk.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? Because he's trying to get the money he deserves before it's too late? It's laughable to me that mediocre QBs get 30+mill a year and Zeke is getting nickel and dimed for wanting 15 mill, which is

Zeke when he finally signs  

Posted Images

........i still think we see Zeke in Dallas on Tuesday when they start to implement and focus in the game plan for NYG. :) (ducks).  The posturing from both sides comes to a close this weekend and the pissing contest stops. Stephen J will bring this to a close over the weekend.

Happy Labor Day Weekend and GL to all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, BlakeP42 said:

........i still think we see Zeke in Dallas on Tuesday when they start to implement and focus in the game plan for NYG. :) (ducks).  The posturing from both sides comes to a close this weekend and the pissing contest stops. Stephen J will bring this to a close over the weekend.

BLAKESTER!!!     I saved u a seat on the Zeke bus 🚌 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, BlakeP42 said:

co-sign this. 

it's all about the drama, baby ... him and Jerrruhhh are both Divas of the highest order. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

BLAKESTER!!!     I saved u a seat on the Zeke bus 🚌 

........looks for seat.  "Seats takin'"

Moves to the drivers seat and runs this mother F'er right into AT&T stadium

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

That's another problem with taking Zeke though...You're almost forced to reach a bit for Pollard.

That 6th round pick might possibly be one of the second tier TE's like Howard, Engram, Henry..... 

Or it could be some other good player.  I just say one of those TE's because that always seems to be right around where those guys are going.

The point is....That even if Zeke does come back after a few games, that's 6th round pick turns into a pick you threw away because Pollard becomes pretty worthless except as a handcuff for Zeke.  That pick could've been a player that could be helping you much more.

I just think that's something people underestimate a bit.  They think, I'll take Zeke then just take Pollard.  Well, there's a cost to drafting Pollard also...

Agree, but you are getting the security of not having your season ruined by not getting Pollard.  Imagine taking Zeke in the first and he doesn't come back until week 10?  You have a massive uphill climb.

Yes, you are certainly losing the opportunity of using your 6th rounder on a good player, but it is much easier to recover from a bad 6th round pick than a bad 1st.

This is all based on how awesome Pollard looked in preseason.  If he was mediocre, this conversation would be very different.  There is additional risk here with the Zeke/Pollard strategy, in that Pollard may just be a preseason show pony and fold when the real games start.

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

It's going to be worse than Zeke owners think. Entire season? Maybe not.

Zeke isn't good in the clutch and there's data to prove it.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

You're talking in regard to his value to the actual Cowboys and not fantasy football though, right?  What about fantasy point-wise?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're talking in regard to his value to the actual Cowboys and not fantasy football though, right?  What about fantasy point-wise?

I'm saying that the article I linked, written by Nate Silver's team (who know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to data) means that Zeke isn't worth the money he wants, which is why they aren't paying him.

His fantasy value will be zero until they agree on what he's worth, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

I'm saying that the article I linked, written by Nate Silver's team (who know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to data) means that Zeke isn't worth the money he wants, which is why they aren't paying him.

His fantasy value will be zero until they agree on what he's worth, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

This still isn't quite the same as Bell last year though.

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Yikes

Fantasy value isn’t zero

Not a one size fits all proposition with roster construction 

They’ve already offered him close to 15M a year so clearly they feel he’s important

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Yikes

Fantasy value isn’t zero

Not a one size fits all proposition with roster construction 

They’ve already offered him close to 15M a year so clearly they feel he’s important

Fantasy value is zero until you score points.

I'm obviously not saying he's a drop.

Read the article before you go all fanboy. If you drafted him you're in trouble this year, especially if you didn't take Pollard.

• Haha 1
Just now, pushaZ said:

Fantasy value is zero until you score points.

I'm obviously not saying he's a drop.

Read the article before you go all fanboy. If you drafted him you're in trouble this year, especially if you didn't take Pollard.

Using this philosophy, all players have zero fantasy value right now.

12 minutes ago, jh83 said:

So who do we have ranked ahead of Zeke in round 1 now?

He got taken last in the 1st rd in my league, so 10th. The lucky winner also got Pollard though. Still a steep price to pay every game that he misses. I got Gordon in 4th. Not as big of a risk at that point. CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Bell, DJ are all ahead of him, imo. Chubb and DJ is where it gets a bit dicey. But at least you have them from day 1 helping you get points. It’s all speculative that Pollard will actually be a decent replacement. Everything points to that as some claim he is Top 5 as a starter.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BlakeP42 said:

You better be right!!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Jerry Jones will break open the piggy bank real quick when my giants come into town and beat the breaks off them without zeke. Jerry will change his tune real quick

34-12 if Zeke sits

44-9 if he plays

Cowboys win either way ... rather comfortably, i might add.  

Apart from the fantasy impact, I just don’t want to potentially spend my time for 2 months reading into what people are/aren’t saying about this situation.

I draft this weekend and am going to try my hardest to avoid grabbing Zeke. He’s one of those players that you don’t want to deal with but also don’t want your league mates to have. So frustrating if you draft this weekend and pass on him, and then he reports on Tuesday. But I just flat out don’t want to risk spending my time reading up on his holdout situation for the next 2 months. 

46 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He got taken last in the 1st rd in my league, so 10th. The lucky winner also got Pollard though. Still a steep price to pay every game that he misses. I got Gordon in 4th. Not as big of a risk at that point. CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Bell, DJ are all ahead of him, imo. Chubb and DJ is where it gets a bit dicey. But at least you have them from day 1 helping you get points. It’s all speculative that Pollard will actually be a decent replacement. Everything points to that as some claim he is Top 5 as a starter.

Gordon In the 4th isn't as big of a risk????? guy prob wont see the field

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

34-12 if Zeke sits

44-9 if he plays

Cowboys win either way ... rather comfortably, i might add.  

yeah well whoever made those odds must not have heard of someone named Saquon is in for a rude awakening. I suggest you take advantage of those odds and put it on the Giants if you know what's good for you