Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

43 minutes ago, herschel said:

Im exhausted and the season hasn’t started 😅 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/31/2019 at 1:31 PM, amazingoopah said:

lol just drafted pollard in the 9th round before I saw this🤡

I don't think it's happening in time for week 1.

Getting ready to fire up Pollard.  13 carries for 60 yards, 5 receptions for 45 yards and 1 TD :)

Part of me would really love to see Jerry announce like the Chargers that negotiations are done.  Let Zeke play for what he's scheduled to make or sit out the year and get nothing.

From all I've read it sure doesn't seem like Zeke is being very reasonable or willing to negotiate....coming from a guy that's already been suspended once for off field behavior.

Let him sit Jerry and pay guys that want to be part of a team and play football.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I don't think it's happening in time for week 1.

Getting ready to fire up Pollard.  13 carries for 60 yards, 5 receptions for 45 yards and 1 TD :)

Part of me would really love to see Jerry announce like the Chargers that negotiations are done.  Let Zeke play for what he's scheduled to make or sit out the year and get nothing.

From all I've read it sure doesn't seem like Zeke is being very reasonable or willing to negotiate....coming from a guy that's already been suspended once for off field behavior.

Let him sit Jerry and pay guys that want to be part of a team and play football.

He ran into issues back in May already, he was in cuffs after shoving a man at EDC Vegas, c'mon why should you deserve this much with all your off the field issues

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

I think it's a bad idea to overpay a RB, a marginal QB and enigmatic talented WR. But this is the world the cowboys created. 

Brief sidebar: what's the enigma with Amari? That he underperformed as a Raider? Doesn't seem to be much of an enigma to me.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Brief sidebar: what's the enigma with Amari? That he underperformed as a Raider? Doesn't seem to be much of an enigma to me.

The 180 and 217  yard games in weeks 12/14 followed by weeks of 32/20/31 to finish out the regular season. Not that those games, alone prove that he is enigma, but that is kind of what he was like in Oakland. Some amazing weeks followed by some duds. 

I think Amari is has the talent of a top 5 WR so the lack of consistent production from week to week makes him an enigma for me. 

• Like 1

BREAKING-

My sources are telling me that their sources are telling them that they are being told by their sources that sources close to Elliot Are reporting that a deal may or may not happen within the next 3-48 hours, and there is still hope within the organization that Elliot could suit up week 1, though his status remains in question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

BREAKING-

My sources are telling me that their sources are telling them that they are being told by their sources that sources close to Elliot Are reporting that a deal may or may not happen within the next 3-48 hours, and there is still hope within the organization that Elliot could suit up week 1, though his status remains in question.

How is this possible when my even closer sources are telling me that talks have stalled completely and that there is no deal likely, Although, I should wait for Adam Schefter and adjust my story a little bit to act like I know what I'm talking about in case Zeke may be closer to signing than anyone knows. So , yes his status remains in question. 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

How is this possible when my even closer sources are telling me that talks have stalled completely and that there is no deal likely, Although, I should wait for Adam Schefter and adjust my story a little bit to act like I know what I'm talking about in case Zeke may be closer to signing than anyone knows. So , yes his status remains in question. 😂

Zeke truthers are blinded by optimism/normalcy bias.

• Haha 1

after being apart of the kawhi leonard fiasco of sources... this zeke thing is child’s play. a whole bunch of nothing until it actually happens

4th pick in the draft put me in the worst position of whether to pick this guy or not.... I caved and did...  

I just need Zeke to go ape and run for 2k this year!

19 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Tuesday or bust

Seems imminent at this point and that both sides want to get it done. I think they are very close or hope so, at least.

59 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Tuesday or bust

What is wrong with me.. I rode the Lev. Bell rollarcoaster last year and still drafted Zeke.  No excuse.....

4 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

What is wrong with me.. I rode the Lev. Bell rollarcoaster last year and still drafted Zeke.  No excuse.....

Good to see you back in the Le’Veon Bell 2018 outlook thread. Oh wait....

3 hours ago, csv2209 said:

4th pick in the draft put me in the worst position of whether to pick this guy or not.... I caved and did...  

I just need Zeke to go ape and run for 2k this year!

Just drafted earlier and I had to take him as well. The diff between Zeke and anyone else if he plays is just so huge you gotta take the chance. I feel like if you want to go for the title hes the play since the 4 spot is literally the worst spot on the board if Zeke isnt a thing. 

If you go WR or take the lower tier RB it just puts you in such a bad spot compared to most the other teams. When it comes back to you in the 2nd round the good rbs like Gurley/Cook/Chubb/Mixon are gone and the wrs left are Theilin/Allen/Brown which to me are way below JUJU+ Wrs. Its just annoying if I go Hopkins/Adams at 4 the teams picking later in the first round get a Julio/MT/ODB/Juju/Hill pairing to go with Connor/Cook/Chubb/Lev/DJ. Hopkins and Adams are the top Wrs but any of those JUJU+ guys could end up being up #1. 

Edited by buzzkilloton

5 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Good to see you back in the Le’Veon Bell 2018 outlook thread. Oh wait....

And, thanks for the insightful and clever reply.  Oh wait....

Lol, "Asian sensation"...

• Thanks 1

Drafted this weekend in an auction and got suckered into Zeke.  Top 3 RB's all went in the 38-42 range and got Zeke for 30.  Actually Chubb and Conner both went for more than Zeke also with both at 35 (we use total auction dollars).  Felt like it was an okay discount but fully expect to be playing Pollard week 1 at this point.  At least I was able to snag him for $1 late in the draft.

Drafting in my second league tonight and Zeke is virtually DND for me absent any news of a signing today.  No way I'm letting him destroy both of my teams. 

If he doesn't sign today it's basically certain he's out Week 1. 

As a Cowboys fan, it's a frustrating situation.  This team probably has the best chance of any Cowboys team in the past 20+ years to make a deep playoff run and this black cloud is messing it up.  I never thought Jerry would let it get to this point but it sure sounds like the Cowboys are trying.....Zeke is just being stubborn and non-negotiable.

43 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Drafted this weekend in an auction and got suckered into Zeke.  Top 3 RB's all went in the 38-42 range and got Zeke for 30.  Actually Chubb and Conner both went for more than Zeke also with both at 35 (we use total auction dollars).  Felt like it was an okay discount but fully expect to be playing Pollard week 1 at this point.  At least I was able to snag him for $1 late in the draft.

Drafting in my second league tonight and Zeke is virtually DND for me absent any news of a signing today.  No way I'm letting him destroy both of my teams. 

If he doesn't sign today it's basically certain he's out Week 1. 

As a Cowboys fan, it's a frustrating situation.  This team probably has the best chance of any Cowboys team in the past 20+ years to make a deep playoff run and this black cloud is messing it up.  I never thought Jerry would let it get to this point but it sure sounds like the Cowboys are trying.....Zeke is just being stubborn and non-negotiable.

Week 1 is irrelevant.   Congrats on landing Zeke and condolences for passing on him.  😝 

need to step back and realize week 1 is always a crapshoot.   Teams play less meaningful football in the summer and PS than ever.    Dallas cannot afford to put less than their best team on the field and expect to make the playoffs in a loaded nfc- with a super bowl contender in their division.   Jerry and Stephen know this.  

Take the value on Elliott- whatever that is-  and relax.    It’s getting done soon. 

Edited by Impreza178

I personally think they'll run Pollard hard week 1 in hopes that he puts on a show. It would be a message to Zeke that while he's one of the best backs in the league that they can get by with what they have. Leverage move. 

Could blow up though if Pollard gets 20 carries for 40 yards and looks like crap doing it....

14 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Week 1 is irrelevant.   Congrats on landing Zeke and condolences for passing on him.  😝 

need to step back and realize week 1 is always a crapshoot.   Teams play less meaningful football in the summer and PS than ever.    Dallas cannot afford to put less than their best team on the field and expect to make the playoffs in a loaded nfc- with a super bowl contender in their division.   Jerry and Stephen know this.  

Take the value on Elliott- whatever that is-  and relax.    It’s getting done soon. 

Couldn't something similar had been said towards Bell prior to the beginning of last season as well? Granted Bell wasn't as crucial to the steelers as Zeke to the cowboys, but he still did play a big role. 

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports talks between the Cowboys and holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott have been "more positive."

This comes after a report that talks between the sides hit a snag over the weekend. There remain issues on the structure of the deal, but it sounds like some progress is being made. With the season five days away, the Cowboys are running out of time to extend Elliott if they want him to play Week 1. Elliott's holdout has Tony Pollard in line for an Opening Day start.

I'm kinda tired of reading these blurbs so not sure why I share this.  It's kinda like saying I'm making progress towards retirement....