Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Robinson seems over invested in his earlier report that a deal was close...  I hope he is right, but don't trust any of these reporters at the moment.

5 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

Robinson seems over invested in his earlier report that a deal was close...  I hope he is right, but don't trust any of these reporters at the moment.

Agreed. It is too back and forth. 

7 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

So I'm not the only one who feels the same. It seemed like he was just throwing poo at the wall and hoping it sticks trying to one up and contradict the other reporters. I feel like the entire Zeke watch saga is his Woodstock and once it's all over he will sit back and reminisce about the good times and tell all the grandkids that he was THE go to guy for up to the minute Zeke updates. 

Edited by Wyzzil

It's hard to decipher what actually is going on here, but I do think it's pretty clear that he'll sign in the near future.  Both sides are putting a lot of effort into getting it done.  Very different than, say, the Melvin Gordon situation.  Actions speak louder than words, and for both camps to be at the negotiating table working overtime means that they're both vested in working something out.

I would take Zeke anywhere in the 1st outside of the top 3 and take Pollard late, but not reach too much for him.  I think you can limp along with a replacement until Zeke is on the field.

• Like 2

Seems like the two sides are too close to not come together on a deal. Whether he can play week 1 or not is a different question. 

13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Seems like the two sides are too close to not come together on a deal. Whether he can play week 1 or not is a different question. 

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I would take Zeke anywhere in the 1st outside of the top 3 and take Pollard late, but not reach too much for him.  I think you can limp along with a replacement until Zeke is on the field.

Agree on not reaching for Pollard. There are no bye weeks the first week of the season and anyone who drafts well should be loading up on RBs and WRs anyways so should have two other starting RBs and a starting RB or WR to flex. There is no rule that says you have to replace your started with their handcuff. In my draft Elliott fell to 8th pick and I took him and then one of my opponents reached for Pollard and is trying to trade him to me and is predictably asking too much. I'm happy to let him be stuck with Pollard at middle round value. If Elliott's holdout lasted into bye weeks it would be more of an issue, but in week 1 someone should draft well enough that Pollard isn't a necessity. Just don't grab two QBs or two TEs and you'll have the quality RB depth you need without Pollard. 

• Thanks 1

I would say this is the first actual fact being reported in quite some time. Doesn’t mean a deal is definitely getting done. But at least it’s a fact and not speculation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

Grabbed Pollard off of waivers, dropped kicker.

so...Zeke please don’t sign 😎

You really want to roll with no kicker week 1?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ccimore said:

You really want to roll with no kicker week 1?

I do it all the time.  If by Sunday night I’m losing by a few points.  I drop one of my bench flyers to pick up a Monday kicker.

Edited by Nah85
  • Like 1

I do it all the time.  If by Sunday night I’m losing by a few points.  I drop one of my bench flyers to pick up a Monday kicker.

I do the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

Yahoo rules 🙄 

dropping players off your bench after they’ve played always seems like cheating 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I would say this is the first actual fact being reported in quite some time. Doesn’t mean a deal is definitely getting done. But at least it’s a fact and not speculation.

Thanks for this.

Speaks volumes.  Given that it's Zeke's camp that is being more difficult in the negotiations, the fact that he is flying back now is a huge sign that it's going to get done soon.  His camp isn't going to inconvenience him like this unless they are highly confident that it's almost over.

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Yahoo rules 🙄 

dropping players off your bench after they’ve played always seems like cheating 

It feels sleazy but so goood. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

Do you have Zeke?  It seems to me if you want to play this strategy, you'd rather have Zeke signed and use the bench spot on a different high upside handcuff.

4 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Do you have Zeke?  It seems to me if you want to play this strategy, you'd rather have Zeke signed and use the bench spot on a different high upside handcuff.

I do not own any shares of Zeke.

11 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Thanks for this.

Speaks volumes.  Given that it's Zeke's camp that is being more difficult in the negotiations, the fact that he is flying back now is a huge sign that it's going to get done soon.  His camp isn't going to inconvenience him like this unless they are highly confident that it's almost over.

There was a shift in the rhetoric coming out of Zekes camp early last weekend-  that was when I knew this was getting done.   The cowboys have been all over the map trying to play the media/public.   Zeke camp has not.  It went from strong no’s and tweeting how the best player gets “15-20%” over current market...to “we’re on schedule to close it shortly...”

Ignore the wild swings in perception-  they don’t put this much work in unless getting a deal done is a huge priority.  

37 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

Grabbed Pollard off of waivers, dropped kicker.

so...Zeke please don’t sign 😎

How is Pollard even on waivers to begin with. No Yahoo bench games needed with this one. He should be on a roster everywhere.

• Like 1

Just now, OmegaRed88 said:

Whoa 7 years lol

Not a bad move for JJ.  Spread that cap hit over 7 years, he'll be like the 10th highest paid RB in 3-4 years and probably holding out year 5.  Cap should be much higher by years 5-7.

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

How is Pollard even on waivers to begin with. No Yahoo bench games needed with this one. He should be on a roster everywhere.

We drafted right around the time when that report came out saying a deal was about to get done.  🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️