Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

45 minutes ago, Dark One said:

At the very least though, the confirmation that he's flying/flew to Dallas isn't speculation and is an excellent indication that his camp anticipates a deal shortly.

maybe Mexico deported him?

🤔

Darn it...Draft order just pulled for my other big money league and I'm drafting 4th.  Of freaking course!

Now I've gotta deal with this ordeal.

It's a 12 team league so if I don't go RB at 4 I'm probably hurting at that position as the top guys will all be gone in the 2nd.  My other two options would probably be Chubb or Hopkins.  As a Cowboys fan though it's really hard to pass on Zeke.

Probably have to take him but not happy about it at all.  Sure wish there were a report that the dotted line has been signed.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Darn it...Draft order just pulled for my other big money league and I'm drafting 4th.  Of freaking course!

It's a 12 team league so if I don't go RB at 4 I'm probably hurting at that position as the top guys will all be gone in the 2nd.  My other two options would probably be Chubb or Hopkins.  As a Cowboys fan though it's really hard to pass on Zeke.

Probably have to take him but not happy about it at all.  Sure wish there were a report that the dotted line has been signed.

If you don't, you'll probably regret it. It's fun though isn't it lol. Adds a new variable to fantasy football that I never knew I wanted. At least it looks likely that he's gonna sign now. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

If you want him them get him.

3 minutes ago, blabety said:

If you don't, you'll probably regret it. It's fun though isn't it lol. Adds a new variable to fantasy football that I never knew I wanted. At least it looks likely that he's gonna sign now. 

There are so many skill position players that could make noise this year that could return 2nd half of 1st round value that IMO, you've gotta go with Zeke.

1 hour ago, blabety said:

Haha I think it's the hidden masochist in us all that enjoys this kind of stress. I notice it especially with sports fans. We just love to complain and panic over things, low key enjoy this new wrinkle in our lives. Have you ever seen a Patriots forum after a loss? They're so used to winning that it seems like they just can't wait to lose just to have an excuse to blow things up and rant for once. They call for Belichick's head and rebuild any time there's a rough stretch. I can't even access their website if the opposing team gets a first down. Dolphins fans have accepted and laugh about their struggles for years now. Sometimes it's just fun to complain and freak out over stuff with your fellow fans. Fantasy is no different, that's why I drafted Zeke going in knowing this could be gongshow. It's part of the fun and the experience. I dunno, maybe I'm just fugging sick or something lol.

Let zeke slide past you he's not signing there's a lot of fake news swirling around to keep the fans buying tickets they're not gonna admit it if zeke is gonna miss games which he is 

Just now, Mattmac92 said:

Let zeke slide past you he's not signing there's a lot of fake news swirling around to keep the fans buying tickets they're not gonna admit it if zeke is gonna miss games which he is 

Source or hunch?

4 minutes ago, Mattmac92 said:

it's Dallas. i dont think anyone is not buying a ticket bc of Zeke.  maybe Jersey's but not tickets.  Also didn't JJ just say he expects Zeke to miss games?

Edited by thebluntman

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

if he signs on the dotted line before your draft you might not get him.  Pretty obvious he's gonna sign at some point this week.  I'm hoping he doesn't sign until tomorrow night 9 pm ET.  Right after my pick at the 5 spot

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Fact for the past six weeks. 

His statement was Zeke is not signing(present/future tense) by week 1. Something that hasn't happened yet can't be a fact.

Just now, owenmills said:

His statement was Zeke is not signing(present/future tense) by week 1. Something that hasn't happened yet can't be a fact.

Same story past 6 weeks. People can keep buying the rumors. 

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

haha yeah I was in the 4th slot too and freaking out a bit.... then the 3rd guy grabbed Hopkins and I was instantly all-in on Kamara. That said, as nerve-wracking as it was, I was mentally preparing to pull the trigger on Zeke and watch him sit out weeks 1-2, yikes. Good luck man!

1 minute ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

haha yeah I was in the 4th slot too and freaking out a bit.... then the 3rd guy grabbed Hopkins and I was instantly all-in on Kamara. That said, as nerve-wracking as it was, I was mentally preparing to pull the trigger on Zeke and watch him sit out weeks 1-2, yikes. Good luck man!

Sure seems like signs are good he signs.  Probably limited snaps week 1 though.  I doubt I can pass on him at 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asian Sensation said:

Sooo we’re at the 1 yard line now? 

Correct......just hand the ball to Zeke now.

Hopefully no nonsense....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mattmac92 said:

last thing Jerrruhhh is worried about is selling tickets 🤣 ferchrissakes, it's DALLAS, not freakin' Jacksonville - that jernt would be packed with me in there as RB. 

• Haha 1

Is anyone else here legit worried that the Cowboys brass might somehow sniff their nose the wrong way and royally offend Zeke sending him back to Cabo undoing all the progress that's been made?

Just now, Wyzzil said:

Is anyone else here legit worried that the Cowboys brass might somehow sniff their nose the wrong way and royally offend Zeke sending him back to Cabo undoing all the progress that's been made?

What progress 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Zeke is going to end up being the best 1st round bargain in 2019. 

Anyone who took DJ over Zeke is going to hate it. It won’t take long to see the mistake either. 

In hindsight maybe but zeke holding out isn’t great when you are picking 4th and the 3 other reliable backs are gone.