Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

In hindsight maybe but zeke holding out isn’t great when you are picking 4th and the 3 other reliable backs are gone.

Obviously there are a few spots in snake drafts that are less than ideal. 

I have been lucky, but I do mostly auctions. I landed Zeke at 1.12 in a 14 teamer last week. That was the best snake value I’ve seen. 

I purchased Zeke at a discount in 75% of the auctions I’ve done this year. He’s my most widely owned player. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

In hindsight maybe but zeke holding out isn’t great when you are picking 4th and the 3 other reliable backs are gone.

I'm picking 4 tonight and love that he hasn't officially signed yet. I'll take him and deal with the drama. If I miss a week, I'll deal with it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I'm picking 4 tonight and love that he hasn't officially signed yet. I'll take him and deal with the drama. If I miss a week, I'll deal with it. 

Exact spot I’m in and I’m hoping for the exact same thing.

If he had signed earlier today, I think he’d easily be gone by pick 4. He might still be gone by that point anyway due to the relatively optimistic reports we’ve received today, but that small level of uncertainty still lingering around him might just cause him to drop.

Very excited for this draft!

• Like 1

Locked and loaded boys.  He'd probably go #1 without this nonsense.  

• Like 1

Contact structure will be interesting. Assuming he negotiated the guaranteed money to a respectable number and the reports of a 6 year contract are real, I wonder how it's going to change how the cowboys manage his snaps.  In the past they've run their backs into the ground then let them walk.  They'd be silly to keep up that work load if they're on the hook for 4-6 years.

• Like 1

Literally just drafted Zeke at 1.04, and don’t feel good about it😅. Missed out on Pollard🤢.

2 minutes ago, Nomad_0024 said:

So is it safe to take him if I land a top 4 pick in my draft in 4hrs???

I would.  Press conference set for tomorrow, multiple reports out that it's close, he flew to Dallas.  No one can tell you you're risk free yet but the odds are really high at this point.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

I would.  Press conference set for tomorrow, multiple reports out that it's close, he flew to Dallas.  No one can tell you you're risk free yet but the odds are really high at this point. 

I took Le'veon last year and he sunk my whole season right from the start. I ain't touching Melvin Gordon with a 100ft pole this year but I feel confident enough that Zeke will get done.

21 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Contact structure will be interesting. Assuming he negotiated the guaranteed money to a respectable number and the reports of a 6 year contract are real, I wonder how it's going to change how the cowboys manage his snaps.  In the past they've run their backs into the ground then let them walk.  They'd be silly to keep up that work load if they're on the hook for 4-6 years.

excellent point

Just now, FritzLn said:

excellent point

Very true.

I do think Zeke's workload get's managed a little more if they're making a big 6 year investment in him.  And I thin Pollard could have some Ekeler-like flex value and be more valuable than other Cowboys backup RB's the past few years.

That said though, Zeke isn't getting paid all this money to get 10 carries a game or something.  He'll still be used plenty IMO and get the money carries.  I'm fine with Pollard mixing in a couple carries a quarter with a catch here or there.

Zeke was getting pretty worn down at the end of last year.  I'd rather see a few less carries and have him fresher.  Maybe it would yield more big plays as those were lacking last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Exact spot I’m in and I’m hoping for the exact same thing.

If he had signed earlier today, I think he’d easily be gone by pick 4. He might still be gone by that point anyway due to the relatively optimistic reports we’ve received today, but that small level of uncertainty still lingering around him might just cause him to drop.

Very excited for this draft!

Definitely want to have contingency plans.

In my last two competitive, big money leagues, Zeke went #2 and #3. I don't see him lasting to pick number four, depending on your league settings, the money involved, and the people in your league.

Just a heads up, to plan accordingly.

25 minutes ago, Nomad_0024 said:

I would, in a hearbeat.

Don't overthink things to your detriment...

10 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Definitely want to have contingency plans.

In my last two competitive, big money leagues, Zeke went #2 and #3. I don't see him lasting to pick number four, depending on your league settings, the money involved, and the people in your league.

Just a heads up, to plan accordingly.

Oh absolutely, Kamara and CMC are the contingency plans, would love to get either of those guys at 4 (cause Saquon sure as hell isn’t lasting that long)

A lot of people have just been stressing over having the 4th pick due to the uncertainty surrounding Zeke vs. not wanting to pass on a Top 3 RB. I’ve known the order for this draft since June, and I feel like the events of today have finally eased any concerns over picking from 4.

Edited by JDE

4 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

excellent point

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Very true.

I do think Zeke's workload get's managed a little more if they're making a big 6 year investment in him.  And I thin Pollard could have some Ekeler-like flex value and be more valuable than other Cowboys backup RB's the past few years.

That said though, Zeke isn't getting paid all this money to get 10 carries a game or something.  He'll still be used plenty IMO and get the money carries.  I'm fine with Pollard mixing in a couple carries a quarter with a catch here or there.

Zeke was getting pretty worn down at the end of last year.  I'd rather see a few less carries and have him fresher.  Maybe it would yield more big plays as those were lacking last year.

I think it would be more concerning from a fantasy POV this year if Zeke were a volume dependent player.  Not that that doesn't help, but he's talented enough to remain a fantasy stud with a few less carries. 

If I were a dynasty owner (or a Cowboys fan) though I'd pay very close attention to how they manage him this year though.  Sure he may hold up and just continue to be a stud till he's 30 but at his current place that would definitely be an exception.

2 hours ago, Mattmac92 said:

What progress 

Still "fake news"?

Jerry Jones indicated earlier Tuesday that the sides have made some progress in their contract talks with Elliott, saying that he was "hopeful" to have the star running back available to play in Sunday's season opener.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27527411/agent-says-elliott-cowboys-very-close-deal

1 hour ago, Nomad_0024 said:

Take Hopkins if you want to be safe. If you want to make the pick with the high ceiling that can win you a league you take Zeke. 

Remember this morning when it was supposedly a done deal? Just try to put all this noise out of your mind.  He will probably sign within the next couple days but if he doesn't he's not going to sit out the whole season in all likelihood. Focus on the big picture and not the hour by hour clickbait.

• Like 2