Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Same story past 6 weeks. People can keep buying the rumors. 

Oops....

4 hours ago, Bachy said:

Cowboys have an easy start to the season so wouldn’t be suprised if he’s not back till week 4 or 5.

Here’s $90mm big fella, now why don’t you go home and take a month off... you’ve earned it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

congrats on all those who took the plunge! Only had 1 draft were I was in a position to take him and played it safe with CMC (2 weeks ago)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sully2x said:

Here’s $90mm big fella, now why don’t you go home and take a month off... you’ve earned it!

SEEMS LEGIT!

🤣

I’m mostly glad this is over so I can laugh even more at the dope in my twelve team redraft who took Tony Pollard in the ‘third’ round of a fantasy draft Saturday.

• Like 1

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports "the plan right now" is for Ezekiel Elliott to get 20-25 reps against the Giants Week 1.

We assume "reps" means snaps, not touches, in Slater's report, as she mentions rookie Tony Pollard will work in behind Elliott, and FB Jamize Olawale could handle some third downs as a premier pass protector. In years past when players have returned from lengthy holdouts, there are always reports of teams slowly working the player back in, but that can always go by the wayside. For now, we're still treating Elliott as an elite RB1 play in a mouthwatering Week 1 matchup. It would be easy to see him play far more than 20-25 snaps, which is less than half of a pro football game.

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports "the plan right now" is for Ezekiel Elliott to get 20-25 reps against the Giants Week 1.

We assume "reps" means snaps, not touches, in Slater's report, as she mentions rookie Tony Pollard will work in behind Elliott, and FB Jamize Olawale could handle some third downs as a premier pass protector. In years past when players have returned from lengthy holdouts, there are always reports of teams slowly working the player back in, but that can always go by the wayside. For now, we're still treating Elliott as an elite RB1 play in a mouthwatering Week 1 matchup. It would be easy to see him play far more than 20-25 snaps, which is less than half of a pro football game.

Yeah right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LarryDavid said:

Yeah right.

Great plan.....

if you're up 21 by halftime 

• Like 2

Isn’t Slater the one who said they were “not close” and they disagreed on “everything” and then Zeke was on a plane like an hour later to sign? I’d take her opinions with a grain of salt. That being said, if I owned Zeke anywhere and he’s suited up, he’s in my lineup. 

• Like 1

Lmao imagine giving the guy 90 million dollars to touch the field 20 times. I think Slater is on crack and meant to say he’ll be getting the ball 20-25 times. What a moron she is.  Just reporting to try and make a splash to get her name out there first   Now that he got his way they are going to run him into the ground. He’s gona need a wheelchair by the time he retires now 

Edited by NyMetsfan5
  • Like 3

Nah, start him, dont even think twice.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a TD.     If he's running well and feeling good, no reason they can't up the touch count.  

Adrian Peterson's comeback season- same thing happened week 1 (though injury related).  I benched him, he killed it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This has to be one of the dumbest "reports" I've ever seen.

The guy hasn't even been at practice and some random reporter is already trying to speculate on his usage.

The only way Zeke sees 20 snaps is if the Cowboys offense is held to 30 or so total plays which isn't happening. 

• Haha 1

I would love if that were true and Zeke would get a light workload week 1 since I'm playing against him, but that's FAKE NEWS. The only way he sits that much is if it's a complete blowout, in which case he probably has already racked up his fantasy points. 

• Like 2

all that sweat and tears from FF owners for nothing, as expected.  Deadlines get deals done.  Good work by both sides building this drama and being the focal point of the offseason. Now its time to play some football.

• Like 1