Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

20 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He seems like an afterthought in the offense

I wouldn’t say an afterthought but so far, not the 30 touches he was seeing last year. There aren’t many RBs seeing the volume he’s seeing but but like last year, they get way too cute inside the 20. They are not a power running team any longer.

4 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Schedule gets tough .. runs will come 

When? I see the Saints, Packers, Jets and Eagles coming up. None are very good defenses at all. 

40 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

I mean good/decent teams 

The concern isn't the teams they're playing. He's getting volume and good yardage. He's just not getting into the end zone.

People are seriously concerned? You have to be kidding me. 

The guy has essentially only played two games and has averaged 129.5 total yards and .5 TDs on 23 touches in each of those two games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Hes getting yards Tds will come. 

I could have had AK though, probably gonna cost me 1st💀

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, munde53 said:

The guy has essentially only played two games and has averaged 129.5 total yards and .5 TDs on 23 touches in each of those two games. 

outscored by pollard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FritzLn said:

outscored by pollard

trying to get Zeke for my Pollard but the owner isn't biting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

He seems like an afterthought in the offense

I've noticed too, Dak is looking to throw more and the offense isn't running through Zeke like last year.  I'd like to see Zeke get some more targets but he seems to be getting less there too.

Dak moving the offense is still going to help Zeke moving forward. No need to expose Zeke today and get him 30 touches in a game that was basically won before kickoff. He is the highest paid RB for a reason and there's no way he won't finish as a top 3 RB.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Hes getting yards Tds will come. 

They didn’t last year. As I said, 6 TDs is absurdly low for how much volume he saw last year. They are the only team I’ve ever seen who has a dominant back and pretty much refuses to give it to him inside the 10. They prefer to get cute and let Dak run it in or run a trick play using an elite RB as a decoy, I wa hoping that would change this year but it doesn’t look to be. Yardage is nice but TDs are king in fantasy. Good example is LeSean McCoy today. Had far less yardage than Zeke but he scored twice, so he had the better day fantasy wise. Zekes lack of scoring is a huge concern for me. 

4 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

They didn’t last year. As I said, 6 TDs is absurdly low for how much volume he saw last year. They are the only team I’ve ever seen who has a dominant back and pretty much refuses to give it to him inside the 10. They prefer to get cute and let Dak run it in or run a trick play using an elite RB as a decoy, I wa hoping that would change this year but it doesn’t look to be. Yardage is nice but TDs are king in fantasy. Good example is LeSean McCoy today. Had far less yardage than Zeke but he scored twice, so he had the better day fantasy wise. Zekes lack of scoring is a huge concern for me. 

He was RB5 last year. Calm down.

2 hours ago, munde53 said:

Lol like who do they plan on trading him for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

It's been 3 games against crappy defenses.

You're worried about Pollard???

Ship him out then.

You do you

Right, 3 bad defense yet guys like Mack, Jacobs and Henry are all having better years and they were nowhere close to a top 3 pick. The offense has changed and it no longer runs thru Zeke unfortunately 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

I think Zeke had a pretty slow start last season too, really he only had a handful of crazy games.  Overall Zeke was consistent as he is consistent this year, so not gonna worry about it.

13 minutes ago, idtran said:

I think Zeke had a pretty slow start last season too, really he only had a handful of crazy games.  Overall Zeke was consistent as he is consistent this year, so not gonna worry about it.

This is his best start in 3 years.  He's always been a slow starter and with some easy games on the schedule to start, they've been easing him in.  They want him to have his legs in November and December.  I wouldn't worry much right now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, munde53 said:

I'll tell you what, you can have Mack, Jacobs, and Henry and I'm willing to throw money down that none of them will finish ahead of Zeke at the end of the year (barring injury).

Want to know who was ahead of Zeke last year after three weeks (Zeke was #10 in RB points)? Isaiah Crowell (#8), Carlos Hyde (#7), and the shell of Adrian Peterson (#5). Want to know where those guys finished? Zeke #5, Crowell #27, Hyde #42, and Peterson #15.

How about 2017? Zeke was #13 after week 3. Ahead of him were the likes of Mike Gillislee #12, CJ Anderson #9, Ty Montgomery #8, Carlos Hyde #6, and Chris Thompson #3. That year was a bit of an anomaly because Zeke missed 6 games but guess what? He still finished ahead of all of those guys at the end of the year despite being suspended for 38% of the games. 

The reason why I asked you if this was your first year playing fantasy football is because your level of overreaction is consistent with someone who just started. There is nothing wrong with being new and if you are, welcome! My biggest piece of advise is don't take this stupid game too seriously because at the end of the day it means literally nothing and don't overreact to the natural ebbs and flows of the season. 

Good points but it’s just highly frustrating to be losing games while my first round keeper pick isn’t doing much and is being outscored by guys like Ekeler and McCoy who I picked up much, much later. Hope you are right. 

Edited by Dexter75

They paid the man 100m which is astronomic for a RB! There is no question that the offense is gonna flow through him. R-E-L-A-X!

Zeke was eased back after being away from the team for the whole preseason. No need to run him into the ground against the lowly Fins. Notorious slow starter anyway. Once Zeke catches fire will steamroll opponents as usual.

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

They paid the man 100m which is astronomic for a RB! There is no question that the offense is gonna flow through him. R-E-L-A-X!

Zeke was eased back after being away from the team for the whole preseason. No need to run him into the ground against the lowly Fins. Notorious slow starter anyway. Once Zeke catches fire will steamroll opponents as usual.

You hope.

The only evidence we have thus far is that Dak is better this year and that it’s his team now.

Edited by FritzLn
  • Haha 3