Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

You hope.

The only evidence we have thus far is that Dak is better this year and that it’s his team now.

Zeke will get more involved as the season goes on and the schedule gets tougher. Cowboys had one of the softest first 3 games (along with the Pats) they haven't needed him.

4 hours ago, frog34 said:

They paid the man 100m which is astronomic for a RB! There is no question that the offense is gonna flow through him. R-E-L-A-X!

Zeke was eased back after being away from the team for the whole preseason. No need to run him into the ground against the lowly Fins. Notorious slow starter anyway. Once Zeke catches fire will steamroll opponents as usual.

The other side of that is they paid him 100m and don't want to run him into the ground.  They're winning handily without having to force feed him.  They haven't been able to do this in the past.  I still expect him to have some monster games but they've clearly changed offensive schemes.   It's just logical that that this could mean different usage for Zeke.  They also seem to have a good backup. 

Edited by K197040

I just traded for pollard as insurance.

Also, Dak can throw and teams have to respect that now. This should open up much bigger lanes for Zeke moving forward and he should have some monster games.  He's consistent but at times seems to be used as a decoy which can be frustrating but the big games will come.

You guys freak out way too easily. Their schedule has been easy, wait until things get more competitive and see how often Pollard sees the field compared to Zeke. It's not like he's been putting up duds anyways...20 & 17 pts in the last 2 weeks should not be cause for concern lol.

8 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

You guys freak out way too easily. Their schedule has been easy, wait until things get more competitive and see how often Pollard sees the field compared to Zeke. It's not like he's been putting up duds anyways...20 & 17 pts in the last 2 weeks should not be cause for concern lol.

20 and 17 aren’t top 3 production numbers. Guys like Lindsay, Jones, Chubb and Ekeler have outperformed him last two weeks, and he was playing cupcake teams including the worst team in recent memory Sunday. His backup outperformed him. 

Edited by Dexter75

34 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

20 and 17 aren’t top 3 production numbers. Guys like Lindsay, Jones, Chubb and Ekeler have outperformed him last two weeks, and he was playing cupcake teams including the worst team in recent memory Sunday. His backup outperformed him. 

I don't think you'll have any trouble trading Zeke for one of them

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So no one else is worried about Pollard eating into Zeke's workload? They did the press conference together with Zeke gushing about how great it is to have a partner that can help carry the load, 5 articles have come out this week with one out of Dallas comparing Pollard to Kamara and hinting at more splits going forward...Cowboys just signed Zeke to a long contract and obviously dont want to burn him out a year or two in. Lastly, look at the snap count percentages this year. Week 2 was their most competitive game and Zeke played 76% of the snaps. That sounds like a lot until you go back and look at last year and realize Zeke only played less than 81% of the snaps ONCE. The rest were all 87% or higher. Im really concerned about this turning into more of a timeshare, so much that I am considering trading Zeke straight up for Dalvin Cook. No one else concerned here? 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

So no one else is worried about Pollard eating into Zeke's workload? They did the press conference together with Zeke gushing about how great it is to have a partner that can help carry the load, 5 articles have come out this week with one out of Dallas comparing Pollard to Kamara and hinting at more splits going forward...Cowboys just signed Zeke to a long contract and obviously dont want to burn him out a year or two in. Lastly, look at the snap count percentages this year. Week 2 was their most competitive game and Zeke played 76% of the snaps. That sounds like a lot until you go back and look at last year and realize Zeke only played less than 81% of the snaps ONCE. The rest were all 87% or higher. Im really concerned about this turning into more of a timeshare, so much that I am considering trading Zeke straight up for Dalvin Cook. No one else concerned here? 

Nobody is worried except you. Zeke is a stud and will get his. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Personal sniping removed.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

did u not pay attention to WHEN Pollard was getting those carries? It was garbage time.. many things go beyond just the final game stats 

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

spacer.png

😂 

but seriously, I get that we wish Pollard’s stats were Zeke’s (potential stats). I get it. But it’s all situational up to this point along side a bit of easing Zeke in. No concern imo. 

1 hour ago, aadam said:

did u not pay attention to WHEN Pollard was getting those carries? It was garbage time.. many things go beyond just the final game stats 

Yep, and I also paid attention to everything that has happened since. Zeke and Pollard doing their presser together and saying "US" when it comes to the running game. Cowboys beat writers and Dallas press fawning all over Pollard and talking about him as the next Kamara and the Cowboys "1-2 punch". Pollard is clearly not going to be a backup who only sees mop up duties for 4-5 touches a game like Rod Smith. He has been playing entire series so far this year and thats not going away any time soon. People need to start paying attention...

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/09/25/seeing-double-why-cowboys-rb-tony-pollard-could-be-called-an-alvin-kamara-starter-kit/

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/09/25/dallas-cowboys-double-headed-rushing-attack/

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 2

Zeke is still a stud obviously.  My only concern is lack of receptions.  He has 1, 2, and 2 through the first three games.  In 2018 he averaged 5-6 receptions a game and it led to some monster games for him.  It is still early, so it could be just be a slow start or something.  Would definitely like to see more involvement in the passing game though.

• Thanks 1

17-37 😂, got to get better, volume is there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

17-37 😂, got to get better, volume is there.

72 for 326 on the year with 3 TDs. Yep, super concerning 🙄

2 minutes ago, munde53 said:

72 for 326 on the year with 3 TDs. Yep, super concerning 🙄

DIdn't you know? First round picks are never, ever allowed to have a bad game. They're supposed to be 20 point guarantees. Elliott is probably droppable after tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was rough. Without that gimme TD, it would have been a bad night for Zeke.

Their line got whipped up front. Think it's been like 30 games since the Saints have allowed a 100 yard rusher.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

But how many touches did Pollard get? 😂 

The most lopsided timeshare in football on display tonight

Zeke looked rather sluggish but the line wasn't doing him any favors either. Frankly the Saints did a good job coaching on defense, they were mixing things up all game. For whatever reason the Cowboys kept just running up the middle with Zeke even though it wasn't working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad I was really wrong on Pollard being more involved, but Zekes lack of production is a real problem. He’s a top 3 pick who’s WAY under-producing. Both Ekeler and McCoy scored more points for me today. Hell, Darrel Williams, the Chiefs 3rd string back, outscored Zeke with half the touches. It’s not like the Saints have some kind of great defense, they are rather average. This is really bad. I don’t like this new offense at all. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

He will eat big against the weak GB run defense. 

He should.  If he doesn't have a really solid game against GB I'd say we got problems.