Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Just now, FritzLn said:

They should have just moved on with Pollard. Never drafting a camp holdout again in my life. Shoulda learned my lesson with Bell last year. 

I think he had 7-or-so carries going into halftime. In a game of this magnitude that blows my mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They do this almost every year. They forget who they have back there and end up losing the game cause of it. I wouldnt be selling. 

• Like 2

I'm too lazy, but would love if some motivated individual out there did a breakdown of millions per yard using Julio and Zeke and their new lucrative contracts as their sample sets. YTD.

• Like 1

I'm starting to panic now, Dallas just seems content on letting Dak throw.  That's not a problem except that they just paid Zeke which makes no sense.  If you were going to go this route with your offense why bother paying Zeke, why not just roll with Pollard?

• Like 1

Was just a bad game script and he still got decent points on 12 carries

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Was just a bad game script and he still got decent points on 12 carries

I love to hear that about RBs I draft in the 12th round and such. That's always very good news in such cases.

Dak playing for that contract. Airing the ball out instead and f passing it down to Zeke. Too bad Dak sucks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Takes exactly what the line gives him and nothing else. One of the worst backs in the league in broken tackles. Jason Garrett is also stupid. 

Edited by Bluecore
  • Like 1

Dallas should have came out with the sole purpose of running the ball up and down the field on GB today.  Early deficit or not, that was the formula to beating GB.  No faith going forward in Dallas and how they are using Zeke.  Totally baffling.

• Like 2

Finally people are waking up. Why no concern early this year? This run game is a train wreck. No LT.. it continues.

• Like 1

He has one game where he scored 13 points. Everything else has been 15+. The blow up games are coming.

If you think Zeke is the reason you're losing your games, then the rest of your team probably sucks. And I know this first hand because the rest of my team is, in fact, terrible.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, street sharks said:

He has one game where he scored 13 points. Everything else has been 15+. The blow up games are coming.

If you think Zeke is the reason you're losing your games, then the rest of your team probably sucks. And I know this first hand because the rest of my team is, in fact, terrible.

No one said anything about losing games. The production from Zeke is extremely concerning. Dallas can’t run the ball. Round 1 pick in most drafts.

12 minutes ago, street sharks said:

We're nearly half way through the season.  How much longer are we gonna "the blow up games are coming"?

Zeke isn't losing anyone games, but he sure as hell ain't winning them for anyone either like healthy top-4 picks are prone to do.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

We're nearly half way through the season.  How much longer are we gonna "the blow up games are coming"?

Zeke isn't losing anyone games, but he sure as hell ain't winning them for anyone either like healthy top-4 picks are prone to do.

12 minutes ago, mjb said:

No one said anything about losing games. The production from Zeke is extremely concerning. Dallas can’t run the ball. Round 1 pick in most drafts.

Ok so you didn't get Barkley, CMC, or Kamara. There's no use comparing their numbers to Zeke because they were taken ahead of him.

The only first rounders that have outperformed him really are Julio and Michael Thomas (and they've basically outperformed everyone except CMC). All the others have had their fair share of problems:

Adams, hurt and underperforming

Hopkins, underperforming

Bell, stuck on a bad offense (which should get better with Darnold's return)

DJ, they've been about equal so far

Gurley, underperforming

Kelce, doing well for a TE but still worse numbers than Zeke

Complain all you want but you still have one of the better 1st round players

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Ok so you didn't get Barkley, CMC, or Kamara. There's no use comparing their numbers to Zeke because they were taken ahead of him.

The only first rounders that have outperformed him really are Julio and Michael Thomas. All the others have had their fair share of problems:

Hopkins, underperforming

Gurley, underperforming

You playing in some weird leagues brother with those 1st round picks

Edited by Novaray

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

The only first rounders that have outperformed him really are Julio and Michael Thomas. All the others have had their fair share of problems:

Hopkins, underperforming

Gurley, underperforming

I'd be bitching if I owned some of those guys too.  But we're talking about Zeke in this thread and those guys don't have anything to do with Zeke.  Who's comparing numbers? 

The fact is there is a lot wrong here in this situation.

Just now, OmegaRed88 said:

I'd be bitching if I owned some of those guys too.  But we're talking about Zeke in this thread and those guys don't have anything to do with Zeke.  Who's comparing numbers? 

The fact is there is a lot wrong here in this situation.

I'm saying your situation could be a lot worse than it is right now

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Novaray said:

You playing in some weird leagues brother with those 1st round picks

I don't know what kind of leagues you're playing in where most of those guys aren't consensus 1st round picks

Here's some more fringe guys

Odell: underperforming

Juju: left for dead

Conner: underperforming

Hill: hurt

Edited by street sharks

Just now, street sharks said:

I'm saying your situation could be a lot worse than it is right now

That's fine I guess.  But if we're going with the "it could be worse" position, then lol yeah that's not good.

6 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

That's fine I guess.  But if we're going with the "it could be worse" position, then lol yeah that's not good.

I'm guessing most of us had the 4th pick, and Zeke was an easy pick there. I mean there's no scenario where you were taking Julio or MT over Zeke at #4, right? It's silly to dwell on your first round picks, especially if yours is still in the middle of the pack.

However once you get in rounds 3 and beyond - that's where the fun begins. That's where you can look back on your draft, take full responsibility and hate yourself for taking someone like Robert Woods a full round ahead of Kupp or Godwin. Moan and gripe all you want in those rounds, I'll be right there with you.

Standard scoring for Zeke the past three years:

Week 1-

2017: 16.00

2018: 14.60

2019: 12.30

Week 2 - 

2017: 2.20

2018: 14.70

2019: 20.00

Week 3 -

2017: 15.40

2018: 13.80

2019: 15.90

Week 4 - 

2017: 25.90

2018: 32.00

2019: 10.50

Week 5 - 

2017: 15.20 (RB5 overall on the year, 74.7 points)

2018: 8.40 (RB6 overall on the year, 83.5 points)

2019: 15.10 (RB9 overall on the year, 73.8 points)

This is the first year where he hasn't had a "dud" game within the first 5 games and he has been easily the most consistent he has been over the past three seasons so far this year. He's scored over 15 points 3 out of 5 games this year and hasn't scored less than 10. As someone else said, if you've lost games to this point you haven't lost them because of Zeke but it is fair to say you probably haven't won them because of him either (though week 2 was pretty good). He's essentially having the same year his had in 2017 in terms of total points with the exception that he hasn't had a dud game like he did in 2017. Next your going to say "in 2017 he was the focal point of the offense." Which is probably fair to a certain extent but he had 9 carries in week 2 of 2017 so it's not like he wasn't susceptible to bad game flow that year either similar to what we saw this week. 

I had to beat this same drum in the Chubb thread for the first three weeks before he blew up in week 4. Zeke is going to blow up at some point.

He's currently RB9 on the year which is just fine considering he has historically started slow. People are acting like he's some kind of bust to this point in the season when he's not even close to being a bust. If fantasy drafts happened again tomorrow, I can guarantee he would be a first round draft pick in all leagues because frankly most people don't irrationally freak out about not having a "blow up" game. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, street sharks said:

They just played the weakest part of their schedule, look at what's coming up. Jets, Eagles, Vikings, Patriots, Bills...all top 10 rush defenses. I wouldn't really hold my breath for blow up games against those defenses. The blow up games should have already happened against the bad defenses they have been playing. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Thanks 2

#10 in PPR scoring for running backs so far, even after a lengthy holdout, and I'm guessing he's probably even higher in standard.  People are spoiled if they're complaining about that.  He's going to destroy the Jets next week.  Not worried.