Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

3 weeks as an RB1, 6 weeks as an RB2 and never worse than an RB2 is actually the kind of boring, solid, safe high floor first round pick that kind of works. I mean yeah CMC would be much better and more exciting but compared to DJ, Conner, Hopkins, Davante Adams, OBJ, Leveon Bell who were players going around Elliott for those who drafted him when holdout concerns dropped him to mid to late 1st round its still a good pickup relatively speaking. 

Zeke is RB7 right now. Guys like Henry and Chubb, who were drafted nowhere near the first round are having better years. Hell, Ekeler is still up there above Zeke and the dude has been a backup for 5 weeks now lol. 

7 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Zeke is RB7 right now. Guys like Henry and Chubb, who were drafted nowhere near the first round are having better years. Hell, Ekeler is still up there above Zeke and the dude has been a backup for 5 weeks now lol. 

Chubb was drafted #4 overall in my yahoo league (exactly where yahoo ranked him) and I had him ahead of Elliott on my draft wishlist. I drafted Elliott #8. I would have never drafted Henry in the first round as he burned me most of last year until his flourish at the end when I drafted him in the 4th or 5th round. RB7 isn't great but its not a bust for a #8 pick either. 

13 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

NE def has more points than Zeke in half PPR. Probably should have picked NE defense with 4th pick then 🤐

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Zeke hasn't been playing elite, but Chubb definitely was late first-rounder in many leagues. 

In fact, if you look at the top ~14 in ADP coming into the year, most of them have been a disappointment:

1) Barkley (Wouldn't have been able to draft, lower ADP than Zeke), injured for a number of weeks and had two fairly poor weeks himself the last couple games

2) CMC (Wouldn't have been able to draft, lower ADP than Zeke), otherworldly performances, nothing else to be said

3) Kamara (Wouldn't have been able to draft, lower ADP than Zeke), injured for a number of weeks, had a fairly poor performance this Sunday as well

5) Hopkins, number 9 or 10 WR depending on your settings, fairly pedestrian year so far given a first round pick

6) Johnson, missed 2 games and probably singlehandedly lost you 2 more if you started him in Week 7 or 10

7) Adams, missed 4 games, has had 3 good games so far in 10 weeks

8 ) Bell, performing worse than Zeke and has higher injury risk for later this season

9) Conner, performing worse than Zeke and has higher injury risk for later this season

10) Thomas, performing as the #1 WR, incredibly consistent

11) Julio, basically scoring at the same level as Zeke, but at the WR position

12) OBJ, 2 good performances, people calling him a WR3

13) Gurley, missed a game, performing worse than Zeke and has a much higher injury risk for later this season

14) JuJu, people calling him a WR3

spacer.png

So basically the only ones that would've been better to draft at this stage are CMC, who you wouldn't have gotten where Zeke was drafted anyway, or Michael Thomas and MAYBE Julio. 

• Like 5

I'm not ashamed to admit that I drafted Zeke over CMC (#3 pick), which I obviously regret in hindsight. That said, I still like Zeke going forward and think more of the TD's and yardage will be coming ahead.

I wish they'd use him more in the passing game, and be more creative with the run calls - instead of just predictably right up the gut when everyone knows it's coming.

• Like 1

I swear there were already 2 Cowboys games this season where they strictly ran either the inside zone with Zeke or the play action bootleg off it which mostly goes to Witten. To be fair, the Cowboys really excel at it. Anytime they went cute and aired it out from spread, ultimately bad things happened.

I would love to see more variance. Get Zeke some outside runs to keep defenses on their toes. A screen here and there wouldn't hurt. As well as checking down to Zeke on 2nd & 5 and let him make a play, instead of throwing low % passes further downfield. Kellen Moore got lots of praise in the offseason, but ultimately he inherited a great OL with an elite RB and continues what they've done on the ground without adding any new wrinkles to it. The Cowboys offense is boring. Not always a bad thing, but very predictable.

When Zeke runs into the flat for a dump off the back of Dak's head follows.  They guy flat out doesn't even consider him an option.

9 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

When Zeke runs into the flat for a dump off the back of Dak's head follows.  They guy flat out doesn't even consider him an option.

might have a lot to do with Dak not progressing through his reads quick enough ... he prolly locks on to the primary/secondary downfield options, and if/when things fall apart he either forces it in or scrambles or takes a sack or fires it outta bounds ... Zeke is down the ladder on those progessions, especially with what i've seen from Moore's offense, which is definitely more agreesive in it's vertical intentions. 

Zeke owners just have to hope enough designed screens or wheel routes, etc are dialed up during the game ... that seems like the only way he's gonna be more prolific from a receptions standpoint. 

The offensive line is not earning their collective paychecks. Where are all those massive holes Zeke used to run through? I didn't just pay for Zeke, I bought the whole entire line.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, munde53 said:

You can have Ekeler for the rest of the year I'll take Elliott. $100 bet.

The potato level thinking in this thread is astounding.

No one was talking about ROS, we were talking about how subpar Zeke has been to date.

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Newtown said:

The offensive line is not earning their collective paychecks. Where are all those massive holes Zeke used to run through? I didn't just pay for Zeke, I bought the whole entire line.

Vikings are no slouch. They have the 7th ranked rush defense. It doesn't get much easier either with the Patriots, Bears, Rams and Eagles upcoming. All top 10 rush defenses. I believe he has the 2nd toughest schedule for RBs ROS. This is why I advised selling high on Zeke a few weeks back. Get it done before your trade deadline.  

Edited by Dexter75

8 hours ago, Newtown said:

They've been there all year, just not this week... pretty sure they are top 3. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

No one was talking about ROS, we were talking about how subpar Zeke has been to date.

Drafted on average as RB4 and is currently RB7 in fantasy. 

You're grasping for straws and making a dumb argument. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Drafted on average as RB4 and is currently RB7 in fantasy. 

You're grasping for straws and making a dumb argument. 

Zeke was a 1st round pick and has only had FOUR games out of 10 with 15 or more points. Thats not elite, 1st round RB production no matter how much you try and sugar coat it and pretend it is. 

Edited by Dexter75

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

Zeke was a 1st round pick and has only had FOUR games out of 10 over 15 points. Thats not elite, 1st round RB production no matter how much you try and sugar coat it and pretend it is. 

What did your top10 look like?

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Zeke was a 1st round pick and has only had FOUR games out of 10 with 15 or more points. Thats not elite, 1st round RB production no matter how much you try and sugar coat it and pretend it is. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if their opinion is flat out wrong. 

We get it you think Ekeler and Henry are better than Zeke. [...]

14 minutes ago, itslarry said:

What did your top10 look like?

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Bell

4. Kamara

5. Chubb

6. Adams

7. Smith-Schuster

8. Hopkins

9. DJ

10. Zeke

Three highlighted are Top 10 RBs. So, I'd say Zeke is doing pretty well considering. Any RB in the Top 10 right now were not going to be drafted as such because of their circumstances or injuries. Zeke is a proven commodity. He is a clear Top 10 pick and probably Top 5 every year. I'd say for now CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Zeke, Cook are your top picks into next season. If you think Zeke is playing so bad that he's not going Top 5 you are nuts.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

What about Barkley, Kamara, Conner, Bell? You picked the wrong RB to s--- on lmao

He is on pace for 316-1,401-14 and 46-341

I think most people would be happy and draft him in the same place with this production if they were told this on draft day.

17 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

I think most people would be happy and draft him in the same place with this production if they were told this on draft day.

TDs are wrong but everything else is right. Not sure how you did that lol.

19 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Also that would be his worst year statistically in his career:

FPG:

2019: 16.3

2018: 19.5

2017: 19.2

2016: 20.8

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Also that would be his worst year statistically in his career:

FPG:

2019: 16.3

2018: 19.5

2017: 19.2

2016: 20.8

I don’t think anyone is claiming otherwise...But even a bad year for Zeke has resulted in being rb8(or whatever).    

first world problems