Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Zeke has come pretty close to matching his high ADP, not sure why this thread is always so negative.  

it is the CMC effect 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

My point is that there have been several games where one or more starters were out. Consistency in personnel is required to have a great O-line, and they have to develop a rhythm and all work together. The holes for Zeke have not been as big this year as they’ve been in the past.

It's a combo of a lot of things, imo.  Some line issues, sure.  Zeke is not getting the big holes like he used to, yes.  Also, some teams have specifically game planned to eliminate Zeke (and Dak has punished the hell out of those teams for it), speaking of... Dak is balling the F out, meaning less need for a ground and pound run game.  Zeke is still a premier RB and remains consensus top 3 pick in fantasy.  

• Like 1

Eventually, a Cowboys head coach will learn the offense needs to run through Zeke. Jason Garrett will soon pay for his transgressions.

1 hour ago, Newtown said:

Eventually, a Cowboys head coach will learn the offense needs to run through Zeke. Jason Garrett will soon pay for his transgressions.

Thats the job of the OC...

Very difficult sledding tonight, 80 rushing, 5 catches 25 yards, 1 TD.

RB1/2 numbers.

Edited by mjb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

No Pollard tonight!

Which means "Jamize Olawale" receives 14 targets as the "receiving back" in the offense tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great game, but game script was about as bad as it gets, could’ve been so much better if it was in his favor

1 hour ago, Proto24 said:

Great game, but game script was about as bad as it gets, could’ve been so much better if it was in his favor

Agree.  It's something though when a 22 point game feels like it should've been better.

Kinda sums up Zeke's season.  Feels like it could be better and some bigger ceiling games would be nice but at the end of the day he puts up basically 15-20 points every week one way or another.

I thought Zeke played pretty well and might've been the only guy on that offense that did.  He ran hard and that 4th down TD was a good effort.  It's just too bad the offense doesn't find more creative ways to put the ball in his hands and use him better in the passing game.  That said though, in watching games I think a lot of it is Dak.  It seems to me like he just refuses to check down to Zeke and would rather throw to a guy with 3 guys around him down the field.  I swear I've seen many times all year where he could dump it to Zeke for easy 8 yard gains over the middle and he doesn't take it.

19 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.  It's something though when a 22 point game feels like it should've been better.

Kinda sums up Zeke's season.  Feels like it could be better and some bigger ceiling games would be nice but at the end of the day he puts up basically 15-20 points every week one way or another.

I thought Zeke played pretty well and might've been the only guy on that offense that did.  He ran hard and that 4th down TD was a good effort.  It's just too bad the offense doesn't find more creative ways to put the ball in his hands and use him better in the passing game.  That said though, in watching games I think a lot of it is Dak.  It seems to me like he just refuses to check down to Zeke and would rather throw to a guy with 3 guys around him down the field.  I swear I've seen many times all year where he could dump it to Zeke for easy 8 yard gains over the middle and he doesn't take it.

This...Dak is the problem as the coaches have given him free reign. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...Dak is the problem as the coaches have given him free reign. 

then the coaches are the problem-  not Dak.   4 of the last 5 games they’ve thrown the ball 40+ times.     Same story different week.    Power the ball down with Zeke,   make mistakes and get behind,  forget who you are and go Air Raid.    I’m exaggerating a bit but you get the point.   

Zeke is having a down year but everytime I watch him the dude runs HARD. Maybe hes not breaking the long runs but I still think hes among the most talented RBs in the NFL. Their offensive line isn't as good as it used to be but still very good. THey gave him all this money. Yet despite all that Dak Friggin Prescott leads the league in passing. Unbelievable.

Just now, yanksman said:

Zeke is having a down year but everytime I watch him the dude runs HARD. Maybe hes not breaking the long runs but I still think hes among the most talented RBs in the NFL. Their offensive line isn't as good as it used to be but still very good. THey gave him all this money. Yet despite all that Dak Friggin Prescott leads the league in passing. Unbelievable.

WOW ... so, you're saying Zeke is good?

mind. blown. 

🤠

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

then the coaches are the problem-  not Dak.   4 of the last 5 games they’ve thrown the ball 40+ times.     Same story different week.    Power the ball down with Zeke,   make mistakes and get behind,  forget who you are and go Air Raid.    I’m exaggerating a bit but you get the point.   

Jerry Jones wants Air Raid...he will never fire his puppet garrett

This guy is great and perhaps vastly underrated. He's a true workhorse that does it all - grind out yards, make defenders miss, speed to get to the edge/take one to the house, catch, and block, and somehow he stays healthy through it all. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this team during the offseason and how they look next year. Regardless, he should remain the focal point of this offense for years to come.

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

This guy is great and perhaps vastly underrated. He's a true workhorse that does it all - grind out yards, make defenders miss, speed to get to the edge/take one to the house, catch, and block, and somehow he stays healthy through it all. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this team during the offseason and how they look next year. Regardless, he should remain the focal point of this offense for years to come.

in the past, yes

• Haha 1