Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

Yo TimeX, good to see ya.  I think i would tend to agree with you if it were just down to Jerry, BUT i also think this is going to come down to Stephen Jones as well.  He's going to play a very significant part in all deals ahead. Which will be key.  People forget, he was a big voice in the room for letting Murray walk after a heavy workload and a great season. Dallas took a ton of heat for that move as well.  Stephen is far more money conscious and i believe he understands the value of the positions in this era of the game, IMO, more then Jerry does and i think thats partly bc Stephen has had a front row seat at Jerry's over paid failures over the years.

Even though i agree this Zeke/Vegas thing is well overblown, the fact remains he's carrying a suspended history with the league currently and we all know no one can predict what Roger Johnny Law wants to do.  I think this Vegas ordeal actually works in Dallas' favor in regards to his extension being kicked a bit further down the road.  The Cowboys technically don't have to pay him another dime until 2021.  They should be in no rush to extend him, IMO, and given the heavy work load he's going to see from now until then, a LOT can change in a few short years, esp at running back.  I think its going to take a Jason Garrett extension and a squeaky clean slate from here until 2020 or so for Zeke to get his extension.  Im not convinced we see either happen

Ride that steed hard and put him away wet 🏇

agree blake.    No rush to re sign a rb this early with these behavior issues.   I don’t think the rams and cards get a great return from their big money rb extensions.   Dallas has other fish to fry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Ride that steed hard and put him away wet 🏇

agree blake.    No rush to re sign a rb this early with these behavior issues.   I don’t think the rams and cards get a great return from their big money rb extensions.   Dallas has other fish to fry. 

Gurley to CJA...........Hunt to D.Williams..............Leveon to Connor.   These are situations the Cowboys should be looking to that don't play out well for Zeke and his wanted/expected extension.   I think Zeke is an awesome RB and they have def built this system around him recently. But as i said above earlier, a lot can change in this game. Esp if by some chance the Cowboys find their way to a capable back up and possibly a new HC eventually.  

All that being said, if I'm thinking about a side of all this that works heavily in Zeke's favor, its Dak and his inability to play well when we have seen Zeke leave the field. But that could be a long drawn out discussion for another day. :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

Gurley to CJA...........Hunt to D.Williams..............Leveon to Connor.   These are situations the Cowboys should be looking to that don't play out well for Zeke and his wanted/expected extension.   I think Zeke is an awesome RB and they have def built this system around him recently. But as i said above earlier, a lot can change in this game. Esp if by some chance the Cowboys find their way to a capable back up and possibly a new HC eventually.  

All that being said, if I'm thinking about a side of all this that works heavily in Zeke's favor, its Dak and his inability to play well when we have seen Zeke leave the field. But that could be a long drawn out discussion for another day. :)

For sure-   Zeke has massive opportunity and daks...shall we say...”limited skill set” works in his favor.    But should the cowboys find themselves in a position to nab another elite rb on a rookie contract come 2021-    Gonna be tough to pass up and pay Zeke.     Something has to give with Dallas salary cap.     That’s on the other side of the new CBA too.   Keep that flexibility with Zeke on rookie deal as long as possible. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

Agree with this 100%.   It's pretty clear that having a good O-line is more important that having an elite RB.  It's nice to have a Zeke or Gurley but I'm not sure that translates into significantly more wins.   Other than Gurley, I can't think of a recent Super Bowl team that spent money on an elite level RB.  Better to spend that on the lines and on defense imo.  

• Like 2

Ed Werder / Source: Following yesterday’s meeting between Commissioner Roger Goodell and Ezekiel Elliott, the league office today informed the Cowboys the two-time NFL rushing champion did NOT violate the Personal Conduct Policy, and Elliott will NOT be punished for a May incident in Vegas

• Like 1

I heard zeke used the precedence of "taker vs mankind" as his defense, stating Vince never suspended taker for putting mick through a fence, and that was caught on camera to by a civilian.  Therefore, under that precedence, Goodell had to let this one ride

spacer.png

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I heard zeke used the precedence of "taker vs mankind" as his defense, stating Vince never suspended taker for putting mick through a fence, and that was caught on camera to by a civilian.  Therefore, under that precedence, Goodell had to let this one ride

spacer.png

Fun Fact:  Taker didn't want to do the above spot, but Foley was adamant about doing it.  The chokeslam through the top of the cage later was unplanned and they didn't know the cage would give way.

16 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Fun Fact:  Taker didn't want to do the above spot, but Foley was adamant about doing it.  The chokeslam through the top of the cage later was unplanned and they didn't know the cage would give way.

True story, I saw mick foleys 'comedy routine' last year when he was in town (which 80% of his material was about this match), it was all mick, taker eventually got tired and told him to "go home", meaning too much, you listen to the taker, let's end this match

sorry to derail, but it's July! Not much to talk about right now

21 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I heard zeke say shoulder through the gate was unplanned too, it was the security guards idea and either one didn't realize that gate would give

spacer.png

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

11 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

Good to see you, too, brother!

You make excellent points about Zeke. While I do agree RB is a devalued position and by the time Zeke is due to get paid again, there may be a new offensive system in place, Zeke so far has proven himself invaluable. The Cowboys record with and without him must be an incredible contrast that will be a feather in Zeke's cap. If there's a stud RB to replace him with when he's up for a contract extension he may be as good as gone, as difficult as that is to imagine.

But we will all cross that bridge when the time comes. But for now, we can all celebrate that our favorite little miscreant has avoided a suspension for now and is set to take the league by storm again. Very glad I have in a keeper league and hope I can get him in certain redraft leagues!

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-Ezekiel-Elliott-Las-Vegas-victim-files-charges-133641611/

"Las Vegas isn't quite done with Ezekiel Elliott just yet."

However my favorite sentence is this:

"Obviously, it didn't feel good falling onto a metal gate at three in the morning but, I mean, I play football," Johnson said in an interview with TMZ Sports. "I play football. I've taken harder hits. It didn't really hurt.

You don't play football, Kyle. Playing Madden doesn't count.

• Like 1

What a pussy. If going chest to chest with someone is battery I’d have a few charges from my younger days. Zeke should be smarter but this is nothing criminal.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-Ezekiel-Elliott-Las-Vegas-victim-files-charges-133641611/

"Las Vegas isn't quite done with Ezekiel Elliott just yet."

However my favorite sentence is this:

"Obviously, it didn't feel good falling onto a metal gate at three in the morning but, I mean, I play football," Johnson said in an interview with TMZ Sports. "I play football. I've taken harder hits. It didn't really hurt.

You don't play football, Kyle. Playing Madden doesn't count.

Zeke has made himself an easy target for extortion at this point. These stories won't stop any time soon unless Zeke changes his off the field habits.

• Like 3

Elliott holding out?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/15/ezekiel-elliott-has-privately-said-that-hes-planning-a-training-camp-holdout/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/15/ezekiel-elliott-has-privately-said-that-hes-planning-a-training-camp-holdout/amp/

I’ve decided I’m going to target Frank Gore as my RB1 in every league. Never injured, too old to think he can hold out for more money, etc. 

For anyone with a broken sarcasm meter, yes this is sarcasm. But goodness these RB contract situations are making a mess for fantasy. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/15/ezekiel-elliott-has-privately-said-that-hes-planning-a-training-camp-holdout/amp/

I’ve decided I’m going to target Frank Gore as my RB1 in every league. Never injured, too old to think he can hold out for more money, etc. 

For anyone with a broken sarcasm meter, yes this is sarcasm. But goodness these RB contract situations are making a mess for fantasy. 

They (or their agents) see the writing on the wall.  Better for teams to spend their money on O-line and defense than overpay for a replaceable position that peaks during their rookie contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

More leverage MG or Zeke 😂

Zeke I think. 

Zeke for sure.   He's a better player, he's got nothing on the depth chart behind him, and Dallas is a much worse offense without him, whereas LAC still has a lot of decent weapons.    

So this past week we have MG3 and Zeke heading towards a holdout and Mixon loses a 2nd starting OL.     That first round is getting all shook up.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Zeke for sure.   He's a better player, he's got nothing on the depth chart behind him, and Dallas is a much worse offense without him, whereas LAC still has a lot of decent weapons.    

So this past week we have MG3 and Zeke heading towards a holdout and Mixon loses a 2nd starting OL.     That first round is getting all shook up.    

What sucks is having a pick near the turn and now potentially 2 first round locks are gone. 

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

Planning to hold out in the midst of acting like a fool off the field. Amazing. 

Between the NBA and NFL, it's clear that contracts don't really mean s**t anymore.