Rotoworld.com Forums

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Ironic that meaningless hypothetical mocks help more than actual drafts?  Where you THINK he's going to go doesn't help anyone anymore then me actually stating where I just drafted him.  

I could care less if it helps you.  I simply stated where he went in my latest draft.

Yes, your 4 keeper league where Ekeler was inexplicably one of those keepers seems like a good starting point for understanding the trends of Melvin Gordon's ADP.  Your post was entirely about your very customized league, it offered no insight to anything in relation to Melvin Gordon's value to any other person looking to draft him.

I'll take meaningless hypothetical Yahoo and FantasyFootballCalculator mock drafts over your "real" draft, any day.

As I said the other day, the disparity between Zeke and Gordon's ADP makes no sense, and Gordon is a huge steal, that after today's blurb will bring down his ADP probably to the 3rd round.

• Like 3
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My map of Southern California.

It's important to note that both Gordon and Zeke are still under contract (unlike when Bell held out), so they have to play this year (or retire).  If they don't play, they will still have the same am

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone. austin + targets

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Yes, your 4 keeper league where Ekeler was inexplicably one of those keepers seems like a good starting point for understanding the trends of Melvin Gordon's ADP.  Your post was entirely about your very customized league, it offered no insight to anything in relation to Melvin Gordon's value to any other person looking to draft him.

I'll take meaningless hypothetical Yahoo and FantasyFootballCalculator mock drafts over your "real" draft, any day.

As I said the other day, the disparity between Zeke and Gordon's ADP makes no sense, and Gordon is a huge steal, that after today's blurb will bring down his ADP probably to the 3rd round.

As someone who also plays in keeper leagues, i actually found it insightful, it isn't very hard to translate the rounds (or maybe it is, i shouldn't assume). No need to be so cranky because people play in different leagues than you. The disparity in draft positions actually make quite clear sense if you understood that one of them has leverage, and the other doesn't. The value is related to the likeliness that zeke will get what he wants, but gordon wont. Whether that ends up being true or not, it clearly makes sense when evaluating value. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

He needs to play a full season and ball out if he wants to get paid like a top Running Back by the Chargers or another team.  

He’d get something more like McKinnon money at this point rather than Gurley money if he were a free agent. 

Obviously we don't know for sure, but I dont think he needs an extra 8 or 9 games of performance necessarily to get that same deal.  I feel health is more important to him landing more money.    I have to imagine some GM's support your logic and some support mine, so we'll see what happens.   

Just now, thecaptain said:

As someone who also plays in keeper leagues, i actually found it insightful, it isn't very hard to translate the rounds (or maybe it is, i shouldn't assume). No need to be so cranky because people play in different leagues than you. The disparity in draft positions actually make quite clear sense if you understood that one of them has leverage, and the other doesn't. The value is related to the likeliness that zeke will get what he wants, but gordon wont. Whether that ends up being true or not, it clearly makes sense when evaluating value. 

Any league with Ekeler as a keeper is null and void for discussion.  And keeper leagues have all sorts of undisclosed rules, so its really irrelevant for mainstream discussion without that level of detail, which at that point its not even worth discussing without making your post all about you.

The fact Melvin Gordon is going in the 4th/5th round at this point is a failure of the community on par with Leveon Bell going top 3 last year.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Agreed.   I can't imagine he comes back without an extension.   Why play half the season for a few extra million?  He needs to just finish the year healthy to erase the durability question mark, and he'll get a much better guarantee.   

Its debatable if he should accept whatever offer the Chargers have made I guess, but coming back for nothing, now?  Makes no sense.  

He turned down $10m/year.

Don't know the guarantee included, but he's not touching $10m/year on the open market (unless maybe there's a spike in the salary cap next year)

20 minutes ago, thecaptain said:

Lies, haha.

As for your passive aggressive attempts at insulting me with additional misinformation, see the below link from a current SportingNews article with an excerpt pasted below.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/fantasy-football-updates-ezekiel-elliott-melvin-gordon-holdouts-rb-rankings-adp-projections-season-outlook/emr5u4w0zqtg1l1q47ne2wq7u

"Everyone's acting as if Gordon's situation is very different from Elliott's, but contractually, it's not. Gordon only has one year left on his deal compared to two for Elliott, but they're both under contract for 2019 and need to play at least six games to move their contract clock along. Speculation has suggested that Elliott is more happy in Dallas than Gordon is with the Chargers, so that could cause Elliott to show up sooner, but otherwise, it's about the same boat they find themselves in."

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Lies, haha.

As for your passive aggressive attempts at insulting me with additional misinformation, see the below link from a current SportingNews article with an excerpt pasted below.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/fantasy-football-updates-ezekiel-elliott-melvin-gordon-holdouts-rb-rankings-adp-projections-season-outlook/emr5u4w0zqtg1l1q47ne2wq7u

"Everyone's acting as if Gordon's situation is very different from Elliott's, but contractually, it's not. Gordon only has one year left on his deal compared to two for Elliott, but they're both under contract for 2019 and need to play at least six games to move their contract clock along. Speculation has suggested that Elliott is more happy in Dallas than Gordon is with the Chargers, so that could cause Elliott to show up sooner, but otherwise, it's about the same boat they find themselves in."

bruh you clearly arent familiar with what an opinion is, i'd just let it die. the fact that some guy wrote an article that zeke likes it in dallas (noone is debating that) means hes going to accept less than we he wants. even in your blurb... "gordon is on a contract year and zeke is not" means that gordon has a greater risk of hurting his own value on a free agent contract if he doesnt play / only plays 6 (zeke can grow is value back next year). If you insist on following blind opinion of writers  as fact and ignoring reality, thats on you. somehow I dont think everyone is wrong, and you're right

Edited by thecaptain
17 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

what ranks higher

a hunch

a guess

or my source

Speculation power rankings :

Have an inkling

Educated guess

Gut tells me

Hunch

I suspect

My sense is

Have a feeling

Guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Speculation power rankings :

Have an inkling

Educated guess

Gut tells me

Hunch

I suspect

My sense is

Have a feeling

Guess

I rate all of these higher than:

- don't sleep on this guy

- and it isn't close

- guaranteed stud

- I drafted him in all my leagues

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here's the difference between Elliott and Gordon:

Elliott is a two-time rushing champ with a top-four pick pedigree.  And his flagship franchise team is proven garbage without him.  Yeah maybe there are two years left on his deal, but that's leverage.  The Cowboys may cave.

On the other hand, Melvin Gordon is pretty good.  Gordon has put up nice fantasy numbers for the past few years due mostly to insane usage and an especially crazy amount of red zone and goal-line rushes and receptions.  But he plays for a crap franchise that won't win anything this year with or without him.  And Gordon's owners are notoriously cheap.  That's no leverage.  But Gordon believes, incorrectly in my opinion, that he is worth over $10 million per year.  The Chargers are not going to cave.

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

FUGAZI DEBATED MELVIN, MELVIN GOT OFFENDED ... DON'T BE LIKE FUGAZI!

TRUST IN MGIII

Well, Melvin Gordon III was also offended by the Chargers offer of $10 million per season, apparently.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Here's the difference between Elliott and Gordon:

Elliott is a two-time rushing champ with a top-four pick pedigree.  And his flagship franchise team is proven garbage without him.  Yeah maybe there are two years left on his deal, but that's leverage.  The Cowboys may cave.

On the other hand, Melvin Gordon is pretty good.  Gordon has put up nice fantasy numbers for the past few years due mostly to insane usage and an especially crazy amount of red zone and goal-line rushes and receptions.  But he plays for a crap franchise that won't win anything this year with or without him.  And Gordon's owners are notoriously cheap.  That's no leverage.  But Gordon believes, incorrectly in my opinion, that he is worth over $10 million per year.  The Chargers are not going to cave.

I agree with 90% of this. The part I might question a little is the Dallas being garbage without Zeke. I actually think Pollard is good enough for them to compete without Zeke. But, it doesn't matter what I think. It's all about Jerry and what he thinks. And, I think he think he's gotta have Zeke to to have a legitimate shot at making the post and beyond.

But yeah, different situations and most likely different outcomes to come between the two. 

Teams that put a ton of money into their QB and RB don’t win. That’s just a fact. One or the other, but not both. Add in a highly paid WR and that’s death. Just look at the Falcons. Tell me a team where that three-headed money monster formula works? Rams have a cheap QB and affordable WRs. The Chiefs have the same. The Pats don’t spend big money on RBs. The Giants will waste Saquon’s cheap years and likely pay him big money later and stay a terrible franchise. The Cowboys can support a great offensive line year after year because they’ve had cheap QB and RB. I’d imagine a good offensive line helps a RB, no? The Chargers won’t give Gordon what he wants if they are smart, and neither will the Cowboys with Zeke. 

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

glad you took something positive away from what was a light hearted post 👍

Mupp I can always count on you to keep it light around here.  Every once in a while we need a reminder that thuh magjick foosball is only a game, and quite a silly one at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Teams that put a ton of money into their QB and RB don’t win. That’s just a fact. One or the other, but not both. Add in a highly paid WR and that’s death. Just look at the Falcons. Tell me a team where that three-headed money monster formula works? Rams have a cheap QB and affordable WRs. The Chiefs have the same. The Pats don’t spend big money on RBs. The Giants will waste Saquon’s cheap years and likely pay him big money later and stay a terrible franchise. The Cowboys can support a great offensive line year after year because they’ve had cheap QB and RB. I’d imagine a good offensive line helps a RB, no? The Chargers won’t give Gordon what he wants if they are smart, and neither will the Cowboys with Zeke. 

Another Patriots reference lol.    Why do people still think other teams can do what they do?   

• Thanks 1