Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

It should be noted that Jones is going up against the Bears defense, though.  Arguably the best run defense in the league.

Agreed, but Melvin would clearly be an upgrade to this backfield. Not sure on the statistics, but just off game film alone Jones is quite bad at running between the tackles or just straight through the gap. He seems to operate best in open space. 

1 hour ago, marlin said:

And now people are seeing why I said that Green Bay should be calling haha

What?  Was this a bold prediction that AJ was going to have a bad game against the best D in the league?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

The franchise tag price is likely in the ballpark of $12M. So essentially to franchise him they'd have to pay close to the price he was looking for anyway.

He's looking for long term security

[Posts removed.  Do not post unsourced reports of a trade being done.  "Someone posted on a forum" doesn't cut it.]

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Agreed, but Melvin would clearly be an upgrade to this backfield. Not sure on the statistics, but just off game film alone Jones is quite bad at running between the tackles or just straight through the gap. He seems to operate best in open space. 

jones+1st for gordon and done deal

I just don't see any team trading a 1st for Gordon. He isn't worth that kind of capital imo. If the Chargers' asking price dropped a bit I think he would be traded.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, devaster said:

I just don't see any team trading a 1st for Gordon. He isn't worth that kind of capital imo. If the Chargers' asking price dropped a bit I think he would be traded.

I’m hoping LA is playing hard ball and will eventually lower their asking price. What benefit is it to them to keep this distraction going? Just trade the guy for a 2nd rounder and move on. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MidnightExpress said:

So he can turn into Fat Lacy 2.0 lol

I can see it. 

Cheeseburger Eddie

8 minutes ago, bigblue592 said:

I’m hoping LA is playing hard ball and will eventually lower their asking price. What benefit is it to them to keep this distraction going? Just trade the guy for a 2nd rounder and move on. 

why should they? he isnt a distraction and they have his rights and he has to report. No need to sell cheap

• Like 1

Eagles coach Pederson reporting the trade offer with Howard was “Fake News”.  Either it is damage control or an offer was never made.

Gordon is feeling how it is to be not wanted and not being able to secure what he thinks he is worth.   He went all in and his bluff was called.  He is stuck holding a pair of twos.

Maybe it is time to report and earn that contract he thinks he is worth.

• Like 3

Really hope he comes to his senses after a couple weeks. That or the chargers lose their first 4 games and pay up a little more.

• Like 1

Doesn’t look good when your QB is saying that the team will be fine without you and that all the RBs they have now should be as a fine replacement as can be. 

Looks like the best case scenario would be Gordon landing on a team with a big injury to their RBs core and in contention. 

Still holding on because there is no doubt he is a top 5 RB talent. 

So happy i cut him and moved on.   

The peace of mind is very nice.   I did hurt that I drafted him, what hurts worse was being reminded of it every time I looked at my roster.   I took these pills and kicked him off my fantasy team.

happy plus.jpg

22 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Doesn’t look good when your QB is saying that the team will be fine without you and that all the RBs they have now should be as a fine replacement as can be. 

Looks like the best case scenario would be Gordon landing on a team with a big injury to their RBs core and in contention. 

What do you want the QB to say?  "We can't perform without him. We don't be able to do anything. You need to pay him."  

No, Rivers has to make sure the guys in the locker room can look up to him as a leader and that he instills faith on who he has in the locker room. 

• Like 2

Aside from the probability of missing out a few games due to the hold out, he is injury prone (only played a full 16 season once, missed out 4 games last year)

The guy is only draftable in the round 8-10 range.

Also, fun times looking back on Eddie Lacy's career. dude was a fantasy headache

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

Eh, that’s definitely up for debate.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Eh, that’s definitely up for debate.

27 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Def a top 5 back

I'd it's up for debate given some of the top RB include Barkley, Kamara, CMC, Zeke, DJ, Bell, Gurley, etc. But the point is he's still one of the top backs in the league. I've got him in a few leagues too just because I'd be shocked if he's not back for the second half of the season and would be a valuable fantasy playoff asset.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I'd it's up for debate given some of the top RB include Barkley, Kamara, CMC, Zeke, DJ, Bell, Gurley, etc. But the point is he's still one of the top backs in the league. I've got him in a few leagues too just because I'd be shocked if he's not back for the second half of the season and would be a valuable fantasy playoff asset.

He has to come back for six games, question is if the chargers play him or use him as much as they used to.

46 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Def a top 5 back

Disagree. I believe if he was a consensus top 5 back, he’d be garnering a little more interest from teams right now. Last year was the first year he’s even averaged over 4 ypc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Disagree. I believe if he was a consensus top 5 back, he’d be garnering a little more interest from teams right now. Last year was the first year he’s even averaged over 4 ypc.

YPC is an eye-candy stat (Alex Collins says hello). The chargers o-line has been garbage for basically Gordon's entire career.