Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now let's find some stats to help us argue that Melvin is better than Saquon Barkley, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Gayle Sayers.

0/10

2 hours ago, kdko said:

0/10

What do you have?  Elusiveness ratings on 3rd down in the fourth quarter of games in October?

Forced missed tackles when playing against teams with primarily green uniforms?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Power-O said:

Disgruntled employees such as Melvin Gordon are not going to give their best effort. If anything he's going to put no effort in because he wants to protect himself from getting injured.  So when he does come back I doubt they play him.

Not so sure about that. If he comes back and doesn’t provide much effort then he is putting poor play on tape for other teams. That will hurt him when he does go to sign a free agent contract. 

He will put forth good effort for his own sake. The better he plays, the more money he will make in the future. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, nyg350 said:

Not so sure about that. If he comes back and doesn’t provide much effort then he is putting poor play on tape for other teams. That will hurt him when he does go to sign a free agent contract. 

He will put forth good effort for his own sake. The better he plays, the more money he will make in the future. 

Indeed. 

7 hours ago, kdko said:

Eh, I know this is a crappy troll job, but when I'm comparing Gordon and McCaffery they're literally within 6 career receptions of each other.

And CMC’s only going into his third season lol 

Gordon could take it easy in the few games he is active this year and rely on his previous output to market his services to his next team.  Bell sat out an entire season and still found a taker.

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gordon could take it easy in the few games he is active this year and rely on his previous output to market his services to his next team.  Bell sat out an entire season and still found a taker.

Nope

11 hours ago, Mek Daddy said:

You do realize he’s been one of the league leaders in yards after contact because he’s constantly getting hit in the backfield thanks to a porous o-line? Last year was the first time in his entire career he’s had a decent o-line, and o look, over 4 yards per carry. He’s actually extremely underrated once you look past the misleading YPC. 

You make valid points, but I still don't think it's misleading. Any professional knows it's about results, period! He's not deserving of tier 1 RB money like Gurley, Zeke, or Bell after one great season. He's often injured and still has NOT produced at the level that brings him the money he wants. 

ya know, for as much of a fustercluck this all is, i'm thankful that MGIII hasn't gone out his damn mind, like a couple ex Stillers did/have - 

he's kept it as classy as can be, considering the peripherals.

refreshing in teh era of tackle foosball twits taking to social mediaz to remind us just how ignorant/asinine they can be. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Power-O said:

Disgruntled employees such as Melvin Gordon are not going to give their best effort. If anything he's going to put no effort in because he wants to protect himself from getting injured.  So when he does come back I doubt they play him.

I couldn't disagree more from Gordon's side. When he's out there, he's going to do whatever he can to put up big numbers so he can get paid next offseason. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

This guy is a fool period. $10 million was a pretty good offer for what he had done so far, if he had another good season he could have argued for higher. 

We don't even know what the guaranteed number is. Who cares what the average salary is per year. Without guaranteed money he can be cut and not receive a dime. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nyg350 said:

Agreed, and to add to that if a player is not trying their hardest they are more likely to get injured out there with players going full throttle.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

I couldn't disagree more from Gordon's side. When he's out there, he's going to do whatever he can to put up big numbers so he can get paid next offseason. 

Rose colored glasses.  The same pair worn by Bell apologists last season.  Think the Chargers will just hand Gordon a full workload the day after he reports after week 10 of the season?

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:
3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Rose colored glasses.  The same pair worn by Bell apologists last season.  Think the Chargers will just hand Gordon a full workload the day after he reports after week 10 of the season?

That I'm not sure of. Depends on how Ekeler and Jackson perform, where the team is in the standings, where Gordon's at physically at that time, etc.
The point I was making was from Gordon's side, he's not going to mail it in. Every snap he gets he's going to try to do everything he can to produce big numbers to increase his value for free agency. How many snaps he gets is up to the Chargers.

Edited by Idoolittle

4 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

This guy is a fool period. $10 million was a pretty good offer for what he had done so far, if he had another good season he could have argued for higher. 

The standard for the word fool has changed in the last week thanks to a certain WR.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

The standard for the word fool has changed in the last week thanks to a certain WR.

GUESS I'M THE FOOL HAHA

• Haha 2

Yahoo just changed his tag to NA , freakin a man. He’s not IR eligible anymore , wowww . Now need to drop two players just to add anyone off the waiver. First AB tanks the value of my Flash Gordon, now this Gordon is screwing me from the comfort of his own home. Don’t you just love fantasy ... anxiety up the wazoo . Time for a Xanax 🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Yahoo just changed his tag to NA , freakin a man. He’s not IR eligible anymore , wowww . Now need to drop two players just to add anyone off the waiver. First AB tanks the value of my Flash Gordon, now this Gordon is screwing me from the comfort of his own home. Don’t you just love fantasy ... anxiety up the wazoo . Time for a Xanax 🙄

Gordon, Gordon , and AB on the same team?  Good lord, give me a nice consistent Robert woods or something with no risk

1 minute ago, ArtistPain said:

Gordon, Gordon , and AB on the same team?  Good lord, give me a nice consistent Robert woods or something with no risk

No I don't have that AB on my squad , I despise that dude. Just Gordon x2 lol . Draft was done early, before the chargers ended contract talks with Melvin. 

5 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah, while all last year Yahoo allowed Bell to be designated as “O” and he was never even under contract. Talk about lame. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Any day now I will wake up to an alert that MG has reported to LA or been traded.. any day now 🤞

raw

• Haha 1