Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

21 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What did holding out even accomplish? It just showed hes replaceable through ekeler.

Didn’t it cost him a $10M offer from the preseason? Now he’s going to make the prorated $5.8M minus fines and missed game checks. So probably cost home like $5M+ lost??? Why even come back before weeks 8, 9 or 10 if it’s about preserving your body?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

What did holding out even accomplish? It just showed hes replaceable through ekeler.

That's probably why he came back earlier than expected

• Like 1

Is it probable he splits touches with Ekeler and isn’t an RB1? I’ve seen lots of people suggesting that which makes me consider trading him before he even plays in case it is a split. Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

Is it probable he splits touches with Ekeler and isn’t an RB1? I’ve seen lots of people suggesting that which makes me consider trading him before he even plays in case it is a split. Thoughts? 

I wouldn’t assume it’d be different than last year once he’s back into game shape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akooreman180 said:

Dude... I can't even

7 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Dude... I can't even

Just wondering lol. Saw tons of people in this forum saying that when he came back he was going to split touches with Ekeler. I’m not a bitter Ekeler owner or something, just wanted to know everyone’s thoughts on it. Hopefully he’s an elite RB1. 

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

With Ekeler= 1-2

With Gordon= 3-0

Chargers have been a slow starting team for years:

1-2 in 15, 1-2 in 16, 0-3 in 17 and 1-2 last year.  So basically they are on par with the years Gordon has played.   

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

Just wondering lol. Saw tons of people in this forum saying that when he came back he was going to split touches with Ekeler. I’m not a bitter Ekeler owner or something, just wanted to know everyone’s thoughts on it. Hopefully he’s an elite RB1. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have him in an auction keeper league ($200 budget) and he will be a $24 keeper next year.  Debating whether or not to shop him. But what type of trade value can you get?  I feel like the hype is at the highest it can be right now.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

10 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

With Ekeler= 1-2

With Gordon= 3-0

Ekeler's fumbles caused those 2 losses

• Like 4

Just Ekeler fumbles? or what about the missed field goals and other injuries? They always start slow. It's nothing new. Doubt Gordon would make it them 3-0

8 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Just Ekeler fumbles? or what about the missed field goals and other injuries? They always start slow. It's nothing new. Doubt Gordon would make it them 3-0

re the missed FGs in Detroit ... Prater whiffed an xp and 2 FGs, himself ... that was basically a wash - Ek fumbled going into the EZ with roughly 6 minutes left ... it really did cost them the game, imo. 

• Like 1

So gordon is reporting. But do the chargers want him to report? lol

they probably want to trade him. 

1 minute ago, pfresh said:

Apparently he wanted to be traded to the Texans but the Chargers refused. They want him to play out his final year.

If they got the right price for him, they would trade him. Their asking price is too high with the contract that MGIII wants.  

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

Ekeler's fumbles caused Travis Benjamin to drop a TD in the endzone against the Texans?   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

That’s interesting. So Ekeler’s one fumble this season against the Lions caused them to lose to the Texans? Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, pfresh said:

Chargers get a 3rd round compensatory if he walks away in free agency. What team is going to give up a higher pick and pay that contract? He won't be traded.

21 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

That’s interesting. So Ekeler’s one fumble this season against the Lions caused them to lose to the Texans? Makes sense.

I didn't watch the game but I can't figure out why people are saying Ekeler's fumble in the Houston game. Just checked all of the drives on NFL.com and cannot find anywhere that Ekeler fumbled.  Was the one credited to Rivers after being sacked really Ek?  

The Chargers play in KC's AFC West (aka: they're playing for the wildcard) and Rivers window is closing.  They want to win football games now.  MG is the better of the backs or Ekeler would have taken the job over the years.  

All this... they'd love to get rid of MGIII, and Ekeler is gonna get 50% of carries, is not based IRL.

Just now, ragrag said:

The Chargers play in KC's AFC West (aka: they're playing for the wildcard) and Rivers window is closing.  They want to win football games now.  MG is the better of the backs or Ekeler would have taken the job over the years.  

All this... they'd love to get rid of MGIII, and Ekeler is gonna get 50% of carries, is not based IRL.

ya know, i thought about this, as well ... but let's be realistic -

Hoodie/#12 in tier one, until further notice.  they are showing some holes with the injuries, etc., but ... as i said, until they are dethroned they are #1.

oh, now we have the travelling 'Homie points show and KoolAid ... strong arse #2, if not for the GOATs above them, an easy #1. 

HarBags and Lamar check in at #3 ... i'm no great believer in the kid QB as being anything more than a magnificent magick foosball piece, but HarBags has built a beast around him. 

those top 3 are impenetrable, imo ... gl offing one of them down the road. 

so, that puts the Bolts into the also-ran tier with the likes of Buffalo, Howstin, Indy ... solid squads, but no real threat to the top three. 

Phil's window?  yeah, it's on a submarine right now.  no shot. 

sure, things can change on a dime in this gig, but, let's be real here ... they are not going any further than palookaville. 

📺

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SGagne said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have him in an auction keeper league ($200 budget) and he will be a $24 keeper next year.  Debating whether or not to shop him. But what type of trade value can you get?  I feel like the hype is at the highest it can be right now.  

Exactly. If you wait until he plays you’re basically out of luck if he doesn’t have the same workload.

14 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

a lot of people got ekelor 6th round and melvin 7th round, imo people in those situations are basically on their way to a championship now

That’s a good take, I tend to agree. One of my leagues, there’s a team who did exactly just that: drafted less than 24 hrs before the  Thursday night football season opener. Dude went Ekeler 6th / Gordon 7th, and dude’s sitting pretty. Real pretty. Got another league where I, myself, snatched LeSean McCoy in the 6th and Melvin Gordon in the 7th; so not the Chargers combo you mention, but in-line with what you’re getting at theoretically. To be able to fish out 2 backs in the middle of the draft that are poised and in position to be RB1’s, possibly even upper echelon ones, and/or no worse than a high-end RB2’s, barring injury (McCoy/Gordon)....OR - in the case of Ekeler & Gordon - locked into at least an RB1 between the two of ‘em, with the other likely winding up a strong flex....yep, that’s league winning stuff right there.