Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

How the hell did they get clowned on by that Broncos team? Ekeler catching 15 passes is all you need to know about gameflow lol. Melvin did get stopped a yard from the goalline and then on the next play they ran a read-option with Tyrod Taylor (yes seriously) where he almost fumbled the handoff

14 minutes ago, sSektor said:

How the hell did they get clowned on by that Broncos team? Ekeler catching 15 passes is all you need to know about gameflow lol. Melvin did get stopped a yard from the goalline and then on the next play they ran a read-option with Tyrod Taylor (yes seriously) where he almost fumbled the handoff

no idea I stop watching redzone right at the beginning of the game, next thing I know rivers has 1.70 pts for me and its 17-0

Figure they would move the ball up and down the field especially with no chubb for denver

Ekeler has three carries with a rusty Gordon. That was telling. He looks like he will be their third down guy/partial de facto WR.

Gordon definitely looked rusty, running right into guys. He’ll be fine in the long run. Ekeler also did his usual absolutely nothing up the middle rushes and had to resort to running it outside as he always does (which didn’t work either). They needed Gordon badly in this game to bust it up the middle and he just wasn’t there yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

Gordon definitely looked rusty, running right into guys. He’ll be fine in the long run. Ekeler also did his usual absolutely nothing up the middle rushes and had to resort to running it outside as he always does (which didn’t work either). They needed Gordon badly in this game to bust it up the middle and he just wasn’t there yet. 

But, but, his YPC! Agreed, they need Gordon to do the tough RB things. I can see Ekeler becoming a suped up version of Tarik Cohen.

47 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

But, but, his YPC! Agreed, they need Gordon to do the tough RB things. I can see Ekeler becoming a suped up version of Tarik Cohen.

Two times had Gordon been in football ready shape and smashed it in from short, the Chargers win (and the Chargers know that). The first time was at the end of the 1st half. They went with Ekeler up the middle for short and goal and he got obliterated. Then they tried to run Ekeler out wide sweep left and he didn’t make it and fumbled. 
The second time they did try Gordon (in the 4th) and he almost got in to the 1, but you could tell the explosion just isn’t there yet. Then they tried again but Tyrod muffed the snap and it became a broken play. Things will improve.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Two times had Gordon been in football ready shape and smashed it in from short, the Chargers win (and the Chargers know that). The first time was at the end of the 1st half. They went with Ekeler up the middle for short and goal and he got obliterated. Then they tried to run Ekeler out wide sweep left and he didn’t make it and fumbled. 
The second time they did try Gordon (in the 4th) and he almost got in to the 1, but you could tell the explosion just isn’t there yet. Then they tried again but Tyrod muffed the snap and it became a broken play. Things will improve.

Didn't Ekeler fumble in a goal line situation another time this season? If so, doing it twice in five games is a pretty bad rate for a RB.

9 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Didn't Ekeler fumble in a goal line situation another time this season? If so, doing it twice in five games is a pretty bad rate for a RB.

The fumble yesterday doesn't matter. Time was out and he was trying to score. He did all he could to try and make that happen. I'm pretty shocked he even got that close to scoring. But if you watched the game it was a poorly designed play and he did all he could to make something happen.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Will Gordon get more usage ROS? Want to trade for him but not sure if the low usage continues.

It was his first game back after holding out and only practicing with the team twice. If you can look beyond the numbers, it was actually a great sign he got that much of a run. And that was in a really bad gamescript that called for Ekeler because 2 minute offense is something you don't want a guy to do that hasn't been practicing with the QB for months.

R-E-L-A-X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Will Gordon get more usage ROS? Want to trade for him but not sure if the low usage continues.

Borderline flex play ROS. This is Eckler's backfield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

It was his first game back after holding out and only practicing with the team twice. If you can look beyond the numbers, it was actually a great sign he got that much of a run. And that was in a really bad gamescript that called for Ekeler because 2 minute offense is something you don't want a guy to do that hasn't been practicing with the QB for months.

R-E-L-A-X

It's just a bunch of Ekeler truthers spewing out nonsense . If anyone watched the actual game you could definitely see Gordon was hella rusty out there. Hmmm

I wonder why 🤔 Give it a few weeks time, everyone will be singing a different tune. That's not to say Austin won't be a RB2/RB3 , but Melvin will be taking over

this backfield whether people like it or not. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

It's just a bunch of Ekeler truthers spewing out nonsense . If anyone watched the actual game you could definitely see Gordon was hella rusty out there. Hmmm

I wonder why 🤔 Give it a few weeks time, everyone will be singing a different tune. That's not to say Austin won't be a RB2/RB3 , but Melvin will be taking over

this backfield whether people like it or not. 

Gordon looked exactly like he looked end of last year after his MCL sprain, the last time we saw him, not good. 

Week 16: 12/41 (3.42 YPC) 3/13 receiving 

Week 17: 10/42 (4.2 YPC) 3/24 receiving

Playoffs vs Baltimore: 17/40 (2.35 YPC) 1/3 receiving 

Playoffs vs NE: 9/15 (1.67 YPC) 1/11 receiving

2019 Week 5: 12/31 (2.58 YPC) 4/7 receiving

Id like to believe its rust since I gave up some good players in a deal to get him, but I think this could also be the new reality that this is the post-injury Gordon. 

Edited by Dexter75

35 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Gordon looked exactly like he looked end of last year after his MCL sprain, the last time we saw him, not good. 

Week 16: 12/41 (3.42 YPC) 3/13 receiving 

Week 17: 10/42 (4.2 YPC) 3/24 receiving

Playoffs vs Baltimore: 17/40 (2.35 YPC) 1/3 receiving 

Playoffs vs NE: 9/15 (1.67 YPC) 1/11 receiving

2019 Week 5: 12/31 (2.58 YPC) 4/7 receiving

Id like to believe its rust since I gave up some good players in a deal to get him, but I think this could also be the new reality that this is the post-injury Gordon. 

MCL sprains aren't that serious. Baltimore was great against the run last year and Denver improved towards the end of the season as well. Do I even need to comment on the Pats defense?

• Like 2

Don't feed the trolls! It may be this week, it may be next week, but Melvin will reward those who took the risk with him.

26 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Don't feed the trolls! It may be this week, it may be next week, but Melvin will reward those who took the risk with him.

the owner in my league is 0-5.

I pray for him that you're right.

this is gonna hurt MGIII more than Ekeler stealing touches ...

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this is gonna hurt MGIII more than Ekeler stealing touches ...

Yup, terrible news for MG.