Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

Get this guy out of here. I have him and eckler and have watched every game this season. The chargers need to make a statement and bench this guy. Eckler is better IN EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE GAME. I’m not saying he was never good, but he’s definitly Not anymore. 

• Like 3

On 7/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, Iron-cock said:

What should the Chargers pay for Melvin Gordon?  He's 26, has only played 16 games in one season and has averaged less than 4 YPC in three of his four seasons.  He's missed 20% of the regular season games he should have started since being drafted 15th overall back in 2015.  There are still occasionally questions about his pass protection which have been an issue since he's come into the league. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GordMe00.htm

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/running-back/veteran/

Yes, he was good last year in some of the 12 games he played.  All of his good games look like they were against bottom 10 run defenses (ranked by YPC).

What will another team pay for Melvin Gordon?  I don't think Melvin Gordon is getting Gurley, DJ or Le'veon Bell kind of money.  He's never put together a full season compared to the peak seasons those RB's attained.

Speaking of Bell, his holdout last year was likely a net loss for him in terms of career earnings, so why wouldn't the Chargers call Melvin Gordon's bluff after how things went for Bell?

Finally, why not just throw a conditional 6th rounder to the Raiders for Chris Warren III and tell Gordon if he wants to come back he'll have to earn snaps or maybe play special teams?

I wouldn't pay him.  

I’d trade him for whatever at this point if I were the Chargers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I’d trade him for whatever at this point if I were the Chargers. 

this. 

thing is ... where?

regardless, his bellcow days are done, trade or not. 

SAD! 😥

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this. 

thing is ... where?

regardless, his bellcow days are done, trade or not. 

SAD! 😥

You need to find a sucker, and the Jets are full at RB.  He also should be made to suffer as an example to future Charger holdouts.   Maybe Washington would take him?  

Edited by Iron-cock

Wow, what a pile of useless trash, lol.

16/32/0 with a fumble

2/-3/1

Chargers wasting their season trying to get this loser back into game shape. Trade him and let him rot, worst RB in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

You need to find a sucker, and the Jets are full at RB.  I’m not sure.  Washington?

yeah, i could see that ... matter of fact, i opined earlier in this thread that the ultimate "FU!!!!1!1!!!1!" payback from the Bolts would be exile to Miami ... and it appears that the Indigenous Peoples are a slight rung above. 

I am still on this train.

Titans are a solid D against the run, and the playcalling was horrible on the goal line plays. 

Still...this dude tripped over his own guys...when he easily could have gone over, ran more around...so many other options...just bad bad bad,.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FooserX said:

I am still on this train.

Titans are a solid D against the run, and the playcalling was horrible on the goal line plays. 

Still...this dude tripped over his own guys...when he easily could have gone over, ran more around...so many other options...just bad bad bad,.

And your excuse for him not holding onto the ball?  He fumbled 3 times in the game.....just got lucky two were recovered AND he got stuffed on another 4 and 1 play.

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

And your excuse for him not holding onto the ball?  He fumbled 3 times in the game.....just got lucky two were recovered AND he got stuffed on another 4 and 1 play.

I mean the o-line is obviously complete garbage. Ekeler did even worse in the actual running the ball between the tackles part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I mean the o-line is obviously complete garbage. Ekeler did even worse in the actual running the ball between the tackles part.

Well according to you, MG needed more time to get his swagger back and more carries for this game.

Ekeler never got enough carries to get into a groove is my excuse now which is why he wasn't effective between the tackles.  Regardless at least he holds on to the freakin ball.  

Edited by theSPANKER

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Well according to you, MG needed more time to get his swagger back and more carries for this game.

Ekeler never got enough carries to get into a groove is my excuse now which is why he wasn't effective between the tackles.  Regardless at least he hold on to the freakin ball.  

He did, but more carries behind a garbage line against a good run defense won't make much of a difference. And please stop pretending like Ekeler hasn't had bad fumbles this season also. He's far and away the better receiver but he sure as hell isn't better between the tackles.

Just now, sSektor said:

He did, but more carries behind a garbage line against a good run defense won't make much of a difference. And please stop pretending like Ekeler hasn't had bad fumbles this season also. He's far and away the better receiver but he sure as hell isn't better between the tackles.

I can't believe you finally admitted to this.  Didn't you say before MG was superior in all facets of the game between the two of them?   

TRASH.

I say that as a Chargers fan, I don’t own him anywhere.

Where is that dude that was talking so much s**t about the Chargers earlier in the year for not paying Gordon?

He’s never been above replacement skill level, and he’s obviously worse than that now.  He was the product of a good offense and a relatively healthy O-Line the last two years.  Go back and watch his rookie season to see how ordinary he is.

The O-Line is in shambles this year, and the defense can’t stop anyone. Ekeler is a better fit.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Lol what a mess this backfield is. 

Chargers o-line has to be one of the worst in the NFL

Not a mess at all.  Ekeler produced over 25 points this week in ppr.  More if he gets that 2nd TD MG couldn't convert after AE did all the heavy lifting.  

Heard a sensitive Ekeler owner praising the fact that Melvin Gordon owners would now stay out of that thread. Then they all promptly come here. Lol. Good luck Gordon owners! You will never hear the end of it. 

Hasn’t Ekeler fumbled multiple times this year and even at the goal line? I could care less who comes out on top but I think it’s in the chargers best interest to stick with one guy. Ekeler is clearly better at this point.

• Like 1

[...] Gordon needs to go, he’s been trash since he come back from his sprained MCL, he’s done. Trade him and make Ekeler the starter again and get back to winning. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

Wow, what a pile of useless trash, lol.

worst RB in the NFL. 

And then Damien Williams said “I see your 2.4 YPC average. Hold my beer and watch my 1,7 YPC.”

• Haha 1

Probably cant even trade him away, have him in a couple leagues, luckily I drafted him in them all and in a late round. If I cant get anything hes benched bound untill he does something. Lucky for all you Gordon owners everytime I bench someone they blow up!

What a goon fumbling like that. As if he didn’t have enough problems performing lately. As a gordon owner I’m slightly worried. But it’s not all on him , Chargers are a mess right now, what else is new. 

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

What a goon fumbling like that. As if he didn’t have enough problems performing lately. As a gordon owner I’m slightly worried. But it’s not all on him , Chargers are a mess right now, what else is new. 

Chargers would have won the game if not for MG's fumble.  

• Like 3