Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

How I wish I would have traded this guy for a bag of footballs.  Only thing to do now is hold in hopes that things turn around.

This guy needs a spark, needs to make something happen.  Sitting out has shown how far behind he is now and Ekeler making all the plays.  Some bad decisions happened here, and that includes me owning this guy.  I stuck with this guy for years through the tough times but this might be the end of the "road" as we know it....

Just hold in the tears as best you can before you cut the umbilical cord.

I can't believe how awful Gordon has been this year.  His lack of explosion and inability to accelerate is every bit the problem as the line.  He looks like a slow, terrible RB behind a bad line.  

Has anyone ever been blown away by his talent? Even when I owned him last year and he was killing it, it wasn't his talent that was blowing me away each week. That's why many people thought it was so foolish of him to hold out, Chargers called his bluff big time.

He looked like one of the worst starting RBs in the league his rookie season. His situation changed and he got a bit better, but he has never been an elite talent and never passed the eye test IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think the blame does not lie only at Gordon's feet. This is an OL issue. Rivers himself has been barely ownable this year. The entire offense is in disarray and Okung's return is required to fix it (if it even happens).

Ekeler has instant acceleration to get on the perimeter, which is why he's the best skill player on this team right now.

If SD's line was right Gordon would magically look better again.

Does any of that help anyone here? No. But it helps to see the problem as it truly is, and I really believe this line is making everyone look bad, except BMW, whom I'm more and more labeling a career bust who looks bad on a good day.

18 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

I can't believe how awful Gordon has been this year.  His lack of explosion and inability to accelerate is every bit the problem as the line.  He looks like a slow, terrible RB behind a bad line.  

17 hours ago, atrium said:

Has anyone ever been blown away by his talent? Even when I owned him last year and he was killing it, it wasn't his talent that was blowing me away each week. That's why many people thought it was so foolish of him to hold out, Chargers called his bluff big time.

He looked like one of the worst starting RBs in the league his rookie season. His situation changed and he got a bit better, but he has never been an elite talent and never passed the eye test IMO

I have been a believer in him since the beginning because of the volume & versatility, but I jumped off the train this year because of the holdout. Last year will probably go down as his best ever, mostly because the o-line was improved. Now the line is back to being as bad as it was his 1st 2 years & he’s not a special talent that can overcome that. Looks slow & weak, probably cost himself millions now

31 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

For a brief moment Yahoo had his projected pts at 13.XX, now it’s back to 7.19. Sounds about right.

If he hits 7pts in standard scoring this week I would be doing backflips.....

Still starting him against Chi if Akiem Hicks is out and especially if Okung comes back for the Chargers. Bears run defense has been pretty bad without him.

59 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Still starting him against Chi if Akiem Hicks is out and especially if Okung comes back for the Chargers. Bears run defense has been pretty bad without him.

Will be interesting to see how that works out.  

1 minute ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Ship him to Detroit 

pleaaasssseee

i hear ya!  C'MON MOTOWN!!!1!111!

(and, bonus ... they already had their bye)

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Surprisingly the Bears are indeed susceptible to the run. Gordon could have a sneaky bounce back here. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Lions would be the ideal change of scenary. 

Their o-line is at worst still better than the Chargers current garbage.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Their o-line is at worst still better than the Chargers current garbage.

He just needs away from that team. Fresh start 

23 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

He held out to get paid more than 10mill/yr. do you really think he's gonna give 100% effort? The guy just wants easy yards, he lost all his fight.

people blaming the line are actually making the argument that MG is not a very good running back. What back can't run  behind a very good OL. Gordon is cooked.

Edited by Mr.STD

Great example of a professional athlete putting himself ahead of the team.  End result is both lose out. Gordon must have known last year was a fluke and wanted to cash out before the smoke and mirrors got exposed and oh how have they shown the real MGIII

3 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Kind of wish he just continued his holdout 

😲  😐  😆

Just now, theSPANKER said:

😲  😐  😆

Lions should trade for him. He's immediately the lead dog there and then Ekeler is back to partying.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Lions should trade for him. He's immediately the lead dog there and then Ekeler is back to partying.

Yes please......let us bow our heads in prayer to the fantasy ones above.  Perhaps they bless us all to end all of the fighting and bickering that has gone on too long in this thread. 

Some interesting articles on Gordon after Sundays game. Sounds like Lynn is still rolling with him as the starter which baffles me. Hopefully Gordon comes out looking to prove something, if not, they have no choice but to go back to Ekeler to try and save their season. 

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/21/chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-shows-regret-to-missing-training-camp/

https://www.latimes.com/sports/chargers/story/2019-10-21/chargers-melvin-gordon-control-loss-titans-training-camp-nfl

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/chargers-melvin-gordon-stats-contract-holdout