Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My map of Southern California.

It's important to note that both Gordon and Zeke are still under contract (unlike when Bell held out), so they have to play this year (or retire).  If they don't play, they will still have the same am

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone. austin + targets

Posted Images

I mentioned this in the Ezekiel Elliott thread but I think that an Elliott for Melvin Gordon swap that includes draft picks exchanged would make a lot of sense for both the LA Chargers and the Cowboys.  The Cowboys don't want to pay Elliott what he wants because they have other contracts that they also have to work out and they wouldn't have to pay Gordon nearly as much while still getting a solid replacement for Elliott.  The Chargers are trying to win a championship while Rivers is still active and Elliott could be the missing piece they need.

Edited by sjm76
55 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I mentioned this in the Ezekiel Elliott thread but I think that an Elliott for Melvin Gordon swap that includes draft picks exchanged would make a lot of sense for both the LA Chargers and the Cowboys.  The Cowboys don't want to pay Elliott what he wants because they have other contracts that they also have to work out and they wouldn't have to pay Gordon nearly as much while still getting a solid replacement for Elliott.  The Chargers are trying to win a championship while Rivers is still active and Elliott could be the missing piece they need.

How does that make sense when Zeke is holding out for a new contract too. The issue is the chargers won’t go above 10M a year and you think Zeke will play for that when he’s seeking 15M per?!?

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I rarely criticize anyone in this forum, but this is one of the worst (ie. improbable, illogical, etc.) takes I've ever seen.  People pointed out how it made no sense in the Zeke thread and now you post it here?

Neither team wants to overpay for an RB.  It's not going to happen.  There is no way the Cowboys pass on Zeke to give Gordon (who is asking for Gurley money) a huge payday.  Chargers are already offering a deal that would make him the 4th highest paid RB in the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, WEIL3R said:

Neither team wants to overpay for an RB.  It's not going to happen.  There is no way the Cowboys pass on Zeke to give Gordon (who is asking for Gurley money) a huge payday.  Chargers are already offering a deal that would make him the 4th highest paid RB in the NFL.

The other reason it doesn't make sense is Zeke has proven he's worth a top RB salary while Gordon hasn't.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

They should trade Gordon to the Jets and get Bell

Or do what my leaguemates do and offer me a pupu platter full of s--- thinking quantity equates quality.  GM for the Bolts is probably having his inbox blown up with "offers" like this. 

Football trade proposed to you in league National Football League

Los Angeles Chargers would trade
Melvin Gordon, RB
Some Jabroni would trade
A.J. Brown, Ten WR
Josh Doctson, Wsh WR
Mecole Hardman, KC WR
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, jumper said:

Or do what my leaguemates do and offer me a pupu platter full of s--- thinking quantity equates quality.  GM for the Bolts is probably having his inbox blown up with "offers" like this. 

So...a poopoo platter

Edited by K197040
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

The other reason it doesn't make sense is Zeke has proven he's worth a top RB salary while Gordon hasn't.

Absolutely.  I was trying to imply that, but re-reading my post I can see how that wasn't clear.

With the Texans releasing Foreman, Melvin to the Texans would seem to make sense. They were in the market for Bell (if I recall correctly). They have the cap space and future picks.

What do you think about the chances, and where would you put Melvin’s ADP if it happens? I think I probably put him right after DJ at RB6. That offense would be dangerous. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/texanswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/03/texans-good-trade-destination-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon/amp/

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

Heard from a little birdie that during the time the Chargers and Rams had their inter squad squad practice vs each other that the Chargers really like the Rams RB depth behind Gurley and are going to be keeping a close eye on the borderline guys throughout the preseason (sounded most like John Kelly).

They are just one of many teams I’m sure they will be looking at. But my reason for even bringing it up would to be pumping the brakes on any of the Jackson talk. I know he typically goes so late that it doesn’t matter, but I wouldn’t count on him being the only other in between the tackles runner on the Chargers roster if Melvin isn’t in by week #1.  

I honestly don't see any good news in the future for Gordon unless he caves. Chargers are notorious when it comes to contract negotiations and value. Chargers are a cheap franchise. Chargers comfortable going with anyone at RB. Maybe they trade Gordon, but would a team really offer anything for a RB that has had injury issues?

4 hours ago, bomont said:

It will be very interesting to see how he's drafted if things are unchanged. Should go dirt cheap in my auction league, but how much do you pay for a guy who might not even play this year?

FWIW...had an auction last Sunday (team in sig) & Gordon went for $16. It was $150 budget so I figure he goes for around $20-25 in a $200 budget league?

• Thanks 1

Even if he misses the first 4 weeks he’s a league winner. I got him at the 3-4 turn and jumped for joy. He has no leverage whatsoever if he threatens to sit out the entire year. With the franchise tag the chargers own him for at least the next 2 seasons

14 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Even if he misses the first 4 weeks he’s a league winner. I got him at the 3-4 turn and jumped for joy. He has no leverage whatsoever if he threatens to sit out the entire year. With the franchise tag the chargers own him for at least the next 2 seasons

What’s the franchise tag number I wonder....north of 12M?    If he sits a large portion of this season I can’t see any way they tag him.  He might be willing to sit if his camp follows this line of thinking. 

Edited by Impreza178
On 8/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, sjm76 said:

Unfortunately I ended up with pick #8 in my 12 team PPR league and I'm seriously thinking of taking him there and grabbing Ekeler and/or Justin Jackson later.

Terrible pick

much safer and better guys at #8