Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, somoneyfantasypicks said:

Buffalo makes the most sense to me. Young qb, old RB, great defense, cold winter games at home, playoff bound.  

And with BUF playing v. BAL, @PIT, and @NE in the fantasy playoffs, all top half of the league in run defense and obviously NE being lights out this year.  Sounds like a league winner if that trade happens.  

38 minutes ago, jumper said:

And with BUF playing v. BAL, @PIT, and @NE in the fantasy playoffs, all top half of the league in run defense and obviously NE being lights out this year.  Sounds like a league winner if that trade happens.  

Please let's just make a trade happen to please the masses and breathe life back into him.

40 minutes ago, jumper said:

I meant makes the most sense in who would trade for him. Not best case FF outcome. But regardless he would be the starting RB on a defensive oriented team, I think that would translate to allot of touches. But Gore is immortal so he could poach some GL carries.

12 minutes ago, somoneyfantasypicks said:

I meant makes the most sense in who would trade for him. Not best case FF outcome. But regardless he would be the starting RB on a defensive oriented team, I think that would translate to allot of touches. But Gore is immortal so he could poach some GL carries.

they have gore and singletary, traded away McCoy before the season because they were happy with what they have. They are now 5-1 and the run game is fine and Melvin Gordon has looked at best rusty. Don't think it's realistic at all Buffalo would think they needed to trade for MG

Bears run defense in shambles ✔️

Russell Okung back for the o-line ✔️

Everyone and their grandma putting a fork in Melvin ✔️

👀

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Bears run defense in shambles ✔️

Russell Okung back for the o-line ✔️

Everyone and their grandma putting a fork in Melvin ✔️

👀

Perfect storm for the Chargers best RB (Ekeler) to remain a top-5 RB this season...

• Like 1

Just now, joshua18 said:

Perfect storm for the Chargers best RB (Ekeler) to remain a top-5 RB this season...

By RB you mean glorified slot receiver/checkdown magnet right?

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

By RB you mean glorified slot receiver/checkdown magnet right?

I mean best runner, receiver, TD scorer in that backfield. Chargers got what they deserved last week by putting the game in Gordon's hands instead of Ekeler's.

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I mean best runner, receiver, TD scorer in that backfield. Chargers got what they deserved last week by putting the game in Gordon's hands instead of Ekeler's.

I know Ekeler truthers like to live in some fantasy world where he is LT between the tackles but he hasn't been any better than Melvin when actually running the ball the past 3 weeks. We can also pretend he didn't cost them a game by fumbling at the goalline earlier this season too.

9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I know Ekeler truthers like to live in some fantasy world where he is LT between the tackles but he hasn't been any better than Melvin when actually running the ball the past 3 weeks. We can also pretend he didn't cost them a game by fumbling at the goalline earlier this season too.

Well, I think in the current context of this SD offense Ekeler's skill set makes him the better back. Gordon doesn't have the quickness required to overcome multiple DLs in his backfield within a second of the snap - he's too damn big to effectively dance around all of that and make a play. Ekeler does - results speak for themselves. The fact neither back can get it done on the ground is only a partial analysis.

I own both so would love to just be able to depend on one. Going Ekeler this week in a tough running game matchup on the road.

6 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

The fact neither back can get it done on the ground is only a partial analysis.

I own both so would love to just be able to depend on one. Going Ekeler this week in a tough running game matchup on the road.

Getting it done on the ground is pretty important for an RB I'd say. Ekeler had the luxury of a mostly healthy line to run behind early in the season. Since then he's barely over 2ypc despite being quicker and more suited to this garbage line play.

And the Bears run defense has been anything but tough so far this season. The matchup is no worse than TEN last week.

10 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Getting it done on the ground is pretty important for an RB I'd say.

Tell that to Melvin

44 minutes ago, sSektor said:

You're touting Gordon and accusing others of not living in realty?

nick-cage-lol.gif

• Like 1

This bum is unstartable

thinking about dropping him.

sad when Brandon effing bolden outscores this chump.

4 Gordon shares end of first rd

10 ek shares ~$

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Anyone else have a great feeling about this week? 

no.

chicago cant stop backs who catch the rock. That means Justin Jackson will ball

Edited by Whitecloud0101

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

You're touting Gordon and accusing others of not living in realty?

nick-cage-lol.gif

Yes because Gordon has proven his worth the last 2 seasons. Or was that not real?

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Yes because Gordon has proven his worth the last 2 seasons. Or was that not real?

Living in the past doesn't work for the present. Ekeler is better and has been for a while. You should have drafted them both.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Living in the past doesn't work for the present. Ekeler is better and has been for a while. You should have drafted them both.

Gordon is 26, he's not exactly old enough for "living in the past" to be a legitimate argument against him especially when he was killing it last season. Was Ekeler better in 2018, 2017? Your argument for Ekeler being better for "awhile" is that he produced early this season when the line was healthy and Gordon wasn't there?

13 hours ago, joshua18 said:

That’s interesting considering his rushing numbers are even worse than Gordon’s since he came back.

i dont see a team trading for him 

so you have to give up whatever to get him then if you dont want to resign him to his big deal he wants you just get a rental 

29 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

That’s interesting considering his rushing numbers are even worse than Gordon’s since he came back.

Stop that doesn't fit his narrative.

• Haha 1