Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

WHERE THERE'S SMOKE ... 🤷‍♂️

I don't like either destination. I guess the Lions are preferred.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I don't like either destination. I guess the Lions are preferred.

I think MG would be a force on the Bills.  Look how good Gore has looked (minus this week of course).  Good line good situation.  

2 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I think MG would be a force on the Bills.  Look how good Gore has looked (minus this week of course).  Good line good situation.  

much better o-lines in both locales, as well. 

i like Buffalo for the reasons mentioned above, but really prefer Detroit, seeing as how they have such a more dynamic offense that can open the field better for MGIII. 

either sitch is better than the current Bolts, imo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I mean they have Gore and Singletary though, that's what bothers me. I love the situation otherwise. I think he's better than Kerryon Johnson, way better, but the Lions in general just bother me. I can't tell if Kerryon is just not good or the Lions offense is just bad? I lean more toward the coaching.

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean they have Gore and Singletary though, that's what bothers me. I love the situation otherwise. I think he's better than Kerryon Johnson, way better, but the Lions in general just bother me. I can't tell if Kerryon is just not good or the Lions offense is just bad? I lean more toward the coaching.

My assumption is MG would supplant Gore for the first and second down work.   But a three man committee is definitely possible  

The question is - are you going to pay him? He's shown he's not worth his asking price. Do you trade away a high pick for a half season loaner?  I can't imagine that. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

7 minutes ago, SGagne said:

The question is - are you going to pay him? He's shown he's not worth his asking price. Do you trade away a high pick for a half season loaner?  I can't imagine that. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I don't think it'll cost a high pick. He isn't resigning with the Chargers--  that much we know. If the Chargers were smart they'd trade MG for the best offer available, and I wouldn't expect that to be much.

8 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I don't think it'll cost a high pick. He isn't resigning with the Chargers--  that much we know. If the Chargers were smart they'd trade MG for the best offer available, and I wouldn't expect that to be much.

Which will be higher, the best available offer, or the level of smarts the Chargers organization possesses?  Asking for a friend. 

8 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

Earlier this year, this report happened (September 4) 
Wrote Florio on Tuesday: “Per a league source, the Chargers have told at least one other team that the price for Gordon is a first-round pick and a fifth-round pick.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/09/nfl-rumors-heres-chargers-asking-price-in-melvin-gordon-trade/

So they will have to lower that offer for sure. 

46 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Maybe Gordon can be that three down back in DET, catching passes from Stafford.  The pass catching back has had good value there before and if Gordon can be a workhorse again... I'd take it for at least this year to see what happens.

Bolts would be dumb not to trade him if they can. Their season is going nowhere and he isn't going to sign with them. Might as well take what they can get. 

Would love him behind either line from BUF or DET. 

My hunch is that Gordon stays with the Chargers. No team is going to part with much for his services at this point (unless they are super desperate which the Lions might be). Chargers are probably better off keeping both Gordon and Ekeler as injury insurance for one another this season as they are still in the hunt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

Bolts would be dumb

Not sure if would be is even a question about the Bolts at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edgeraid said:

Bolts would be dumb not to trade him if they can. Their season is going nowhere and he isn't going to sign with them. Might as well take what they can get. 

Would love him behind either line from BUF or DET. 

Brady signing with San Diego next year. I think Gordon signs as well after for less than he wanted for a SB ring.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Brady signing with San Diego next year. I think Gordon signs as well after for less than he wanted for a SB ring.

You sure Brady would pick that team over the Titans?

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The Padres? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Not sure what this changes if anything

Offense was unimaginative and underproductive. Doubt Lynn can fix a broken O-line, much less rejuvenate an offense. But we'll see...

Edited by Newtown

30 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

The Padres? 

The amount of people who are actually interested in football who still make this mistake is hilarious to me.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The amount of people who are actually interested in football who still make this mistake is hilarious to me.

The announcers EVERY week lmao. It kills me. 

• Haha 1

MG going to the Texans! It does make perfect sense

Cant rely on Hyde

or Det

Edited by SyNdicateZ