Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, SavageGordon said:

spacer.png

Username checks out 🤣

• Haha 2

Official level up for Melvin Gordon this week.  I'm calling it right now 20/90/1 rushing and 3/15/0 passing.

Edited by fullonchubb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fullonchubb said:

Official level up for Melvin Gordon this week.  I'm calling it right now 20/90/1 rushing and 3/15/0 passing.

I dont know.  Oakland has been pretty good against the run, but has struggled against pass catching backs.  This may be an Ekeler game.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BklynBlue said:

I dont know.  Oakland has been pretty good against the run, but has struggled against pass catching backs.  This may be an Ekeler game.

What if I told you...

U3h2pG9.gif

...Melvin Gordon catches passes too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

New OC saved the running game and they just lost because they didn't run enough. Pretty optimistic for rest of season.

13 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

Impressive

• Like 1

Gordon is back! New OC is dedicated to getting him touches looks like and he’s gone over 20 touches and 20 points last two games. This is good. 

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

League Winner?

giphy.gif

No. It is Melvin Gordon. He was already a great player.

32 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone.

austin + targets = touchdowns.

why can’t the chargers figure that out.

Because he's worse between the tackles and in short yardage this isn't rocket science lol

34 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone.

Ekeler certainly doesn’t score on Gordon’s touchdown run.

6 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Ekeler certainly doesn’t score on Gordon’s touchdown run.

He might have. Ekeler has already proven to be a capable lead back. Still put up flex numbers on limited touches. Doing what he has been doing the last two seasons behind Gordon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, devaster said:

He might have. Ekeler has already proven to be a capable lead back. Still put up flex numbers on limited touches. Doing what he has been doing the last two seasons behind Gordon.

I like Austin but let's not pretend they're interchangeable. Gordon has a significant size advantage. It means a lot.

Edited by CallMeBDB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Wow you have the worst takes I’ve ever read . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, devaster said:

It's almost like defenses don't view him as a big enough threat to bother stacking the box.

• Like 1

Wasn’t this guy supposed to be done? Can’t tell if some of the Ekeler posts are serious or not. Complaining about carries is a fool’s errand. The Chargers aren’t listening and Gordon has seriously  affected Ekeler’s value. I have no horse in this race but come on. Feels like people just want to win the I told you so contest rather than accept reality. Ekeler is serviceable but no way is he the stud he was early on. Gordon is here to stay. Deal with it!

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

4 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Wasn’t this guy supposed to be done? Can’t tell if some of the Ekeler posts are serious or not. Complaining about carries is a fool’s errand. The Chargers aren’t listening and Gordon has seriously  affected Ekeler’s value. I have no horse in this race but come on. Feels like people just want to win the I told you so contest rather than accept reality. Ekeler is serviceable but no way is he the stud he was early on. Gordon is here to stay. Deal with it!

As an Ekeler and non-Gordon owner, it’s obvious that Gordon is the guy and Ekeler is the COP back. Ekeler is at best a bye week filler or desperation flex play now.

• Like 1

MG looked good last night, nobody can deny that.. It was pretty obvious. Consistently found positive yards, I think maybe had one run go for negative yards? He's looked even closer to the RB1 we all know. The plays that stood out the me were his 25 yard catch and that 24 yard run right off his tackle. He's looking fluid and confident. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

MG looked good last night, nobody can deny that.. It was pretty obvious. Consistently found positive yards, I think maybe had one run go for negative yards? He's looked even closer to the RB1 we all know. The plays that stood out the me were his 25 yard catch and that 24 yard run right off his tackle. He's looking fluid and confident. 

This.
These 2 plays and there was a play that his center got blown up and he cut back against the grain for a 5-6 yarder, it looked so fluid that Joe Buck thought the center was sealing the defender for a counter, when in fact he had just gotten demolished. He will be an every week start for me (barring week 12, I suggest you bench him too). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Impressive

Shoo I was too low on him even.  Traded for him 2 weeks ago right at the perfect buy low moment.  Got kind of lucky and I'm gonna ride this dude to the 'ship now!

30 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

MG looked good last night, nobody can deny that.. It was pretty obvious. Consistently found positive yards, I think maybe had one run go for negative yards? He's looked even closer to the RB1 we all know. The plays that stood out the me were his 25 yard catch and that 24 yard run right off his tackle. He's looking LIKE A BEAST

👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Unpopular take alert, well maybe not in this thread, but the offense is just clunky with Ekeler in there.  It's a clear tell that its a pass, about 85% of the time, and the defense just tees off.  I don't know if the play calling was the worst, or Rivers played the worst QB'd game I've seen in years, because at one point they were averaging like 8 yards per carry and they kept letting Rivers muck it up with sacks and INT.  Rivers legit had 2 sacks and 4 INT at one point when the ground game was absolutely smoking.  (2 called back)

That last drive was unquestionably the worst I've ever seen.  Rivers went 0-7 with an INT.  They only needed about 37 yards with a minute and 3 timeouts, and he was throwing arm punt after arm punt.  It was embarrassing, and Gordon never saw the field once despite being the best player on it the majority of the game.  If anything I think Ekeler's 45% snap rate needs to be reduced significantly to give this offense some form of unpredictability and give Rivers a break with that weak O-line.

• Like 1