Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Agreed. It was idiotic to abandon the run against KC. It was a close game and they were running well. Had they been getting stuffed, I could understand, but they weren't. No, let's throw it so Rivers can get picked off four times. That's "brilliance" at work right there!

did it last game in Oakland, as well 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Agreed. It was idiotic to abandon the run against KC. It was a close game and they were running well. Had they been getting stuffed, I could understand, but they weren't. No, let's throw it so Rivers can get picked off four times. That's "brilliance" at work right there!

This dude bricked a wide open swing pass to blow the game, he sucks

22 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

This dude bricked a wide open swing pass to blow the game, he sucks

I think it was Rivers 4 INTs, especially the last one throwing a jump ball to a midget, that cost them the game. 

2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I think it was Rivers 4 INTs, especially the last one throwing a jump ball to a midget, that cost them the game. 

Soon as Rivers threw that last pass, I knew it was an interception. Lmao .... who in their right mind throws a jump ball to the shortest player on the field. This Chargers team has been choking for the past 10 years. Gordon was absolutely feasting in the first half , and then they go and completely abandon the run ... Yeah real smart . 

• Like 1

Surprised no one has posted about yesterday's game. 

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I watched enough to be pretty frustrated as an MG3 owner.

He was feasting...AGAIN...and the Chargers just went away from him. I'm not bitter about Eckler eating into his carries because he's stealing MG3's points...I'm bitter because the whole play calling from the coaches is a joke. It's CLEAR they aren't going to use Eckler the same way MG3...so it tells the defense something different is coming. Eckler doesn't have the power to get extra yards, or short yardage. He's only good when he's in space..basically a WR. And it's not like Melvin gordon is Jordan Howard...or some other slow power back...MG3 has speed and power...he's clearly the boss of this team along with Keenan Allen.

Just annoying they won't ride this beast already when he's proving they can.

• Like 3

Watching the Chargers is so painful. You just know they’re going to do whatever it takes to lose at the end of close games. 

4th and 1 in the last 3 mins of the game and you have back to back false starts?? And then somehow they score a field goal but then with 7 seconds left in the game you have a defensive PI to give the opponent within FG range. Literally the one thing you can’t do in that situation lol

On 11/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, Jrt80 said:

This is eckler’s backfield. They need to stop letting Melvin vulture goal line work. I’m sure all the players in the locker room are questioning the low usuage of their center point, Austin eckler. JUST GO AWAY MELVIN, NO ONE LIKES YOU

ive been telling y’all, this is Ecklers BACKFIELD!

im sure most Melvin owners are probs eliminated by now, but if you still here just know Melvin is the change-of-pace back, Eckler is the big dog and has been all season 

11 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

im sure most Melvin owners are probs eliminated by now, but if you still here just know Melvin is the change-of-pace back, Eckler is the big dog and has been all season 

Don't know what to tell you other than that you are wrong. Ekeler has been the change of pace since Gordon returned. And Ekeler has remained a viable fantasy player in that role, as he has the previous two seasons. They are using both of them on the field at the same time more often now. Gordon is still grabbing those GL TD's though.

12 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

I think you're forgetting the satire hashtag, laughing face emoji or something. Also Can't take this seriously when you're not even spelling your boys last name correctly. 

13 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I think you're forgetting the satire hashtag, laughing face emoji or something. Also Can't take this seriously when you're not even spelling your boys last name correctly. 

14 minutes ago, devaster said:

Don't know what to tell you other than that you are wrong. Ekeler has been the change of pace since Gordon returned. And Ekeler has remained a viable fantasy player in that role, as he has the previous two seasons. They are using both of them on the field at the same time more often now. Gordon is still grabbing those GL TD's though.

Y’all realize Ekeler is one of the most common players on playoff teams rosters? Not Melvin.

You say he’s a lead back but he only got 84 yards total (on more touches).

Ekeler got over 100+ rushing and +100 receiving & people still saying he’s not a focal point of the offense...

Ekeler is more valuable than Gordon and has been all season. In both PPR and standard he’s top 7 scoring RB or better in both formats. I guarantee the chargers view him as more valuable than Gordon going forward.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, RunCMC said:

spacer.png

Lmao ... did you just call Ekeler a center point . Wow

Your so right. He only got 213 yards on offense. Definitely not a focal point at all...

6 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Y’all realize Ekeler is one of the most common players on playoff teams rosters? Not Melvin.

You say he’s a lead back but he only got 84 yards total (on more touches).

Ekeler got over 100+ rushing and +100 receiving & people still saying he’s not a focal point of the offense...

Ekeler is more valuable than Gordon and has been all season. In both PPR and standard he’s top 7 scoring RB or better in both formats. I guarantee the chargers view him as more valuable than Gordon going forward.

Both backs are used completely different then the other. Both have been successful at what they do with the touches they receive. Not sure how you can say one or the other is a focal point of this offense. 

15 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Your so right. He only got 213 yards on offense. Definitely not a focal point at all...

And your’e a month late... lmfao . Let’s wait until he has another blow up game, then you can quote me again. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Faber said:

Anyone starting him vs Minny D?  

lol ya. Not expecting a career game tho...     thats for sure

12/75/1 with 3 receptions at 15 yards

Edited by SyNdicateZ

37 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

Has there been any talk of a benching/reduced touches going forward?

God I hope so

2 hours ago, lla887 said:

God I hope so

Might just be time to pull the plug and see what they got in Justin Jackson. IDK if Gordon will be re-signed in LAC unless it's a 3 year $24M deal. 

• Like 1

this is brutal....with Eckler in there taking so many points away...and his fumbles last week...so tough to put your championship on the line with him in your line up.

He was a YARD short of scoring twice last week...great tackles that barely got him....

that's FF for ya...if he score's...it's a completely different week

I have him, AP, and Washington all basically tied. One of the 3 will go off....but will it be Gordon...?? At least other RB's are the primary focus and get almost all of the touches...can you say the same about MG3?

I think you gotta roll him out. Last week was an aberration compared to the prior 6 weeks.

Much more inferior opponent this week. Should be a close game and OAK has a soft run D.

Edited by Rough Rider

Melvin's last and only 100 yard rushing game this sesson came against the Raiders. Bounce back game incoming.

• Thanks 1