Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Jose Ramirez 2019 Outlook

I think it’s gotten to the point where he needs to break out the black magic/voodoo. Put on some women’s underwear, sacrifice a chicken, breath through your freaking eyes...anything!

seriousky though, might be time for the ole phantom injury DL stint to hit the reset button, work on some things and come back refreshed with a better mindset. This is getting regoddamndiculous!!!

Edited by Unoslacker

Not gonna lie his base stealing ability has been so clutch for my team so far....and its honestly super impressive how many SBs he has despite a .180 average. 

1 minute ago, terminator10 said:

Not gonna lie his base stealing ability has been so clutch for my team so far....and its honestly super impressive how many SBs he has despite a .180 average. 

It’s like every time he gets on base, he’s going for a steal, I love that. Just need to be patient and he will eventually go on fire with the bat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

He’s Billy Hamilton with a worse average. And he cost a 1st round pick. If that’s “clutch” then yikes.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dislimb said:

He’s Billy Hamilton with a worse average. And he cost a 1st round pick. If that’s “clutch” then yikes.

Honestly hes still been better than how bad Goldy was slumping last year. At least he's contributing strongly in 1 category (and that too the category that is most rare). Makes it easier to be patient with him. 

4 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

LMAO who would have thought someone could be "Billy Hamilton with a worse average"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

LMAO who would have thought someone could be "Billy Hamilton with a worse average"

You’re right. It’s pretty hard to steal bases in bunches with a .298 OBP like Hamilton has, but Ramirez has done it. He sports a .286 OBP this year so far and has 12 steals. That’s nuts. 😂

Edited by Dislimb

he is on pace for 15/44. that is prime Jose Reyes numbers. you just need Bellinger on your team and for him to bat .400 to make up for it. wondering if he can keep up for the pace in stolen bases. anyone have his base stealing exist velocity to see if these are for sure stolen bases or just barely.

Edited by mlb2019
  • Haha 1

Cut? 😂😂😂 What? As someone else said, on pace for 15/44. Had 2 lineouts today, one the opposite way. Been crazy unlucky, and the metrics back that up. 

.205 BABIP (.287 career) despite LD% (20) being just about in line with last season (20.7) and career (21). 

Hard hit%? Actually higher (37.5%) than last season (36.1) and career (30.6).

I mean, I’m as frustrated as anyone. And these numbers don’t guarantee correction. But they do show he’s been extremely unlucky. I’d bet a decent amount of cash that he’ll hit .275+ ROS. Add that to the category juice he provides (unbelievable that he’s running this much despite not being on base as often) and I’d be looking to buy everywhere from some schmuck who doesn’t understand baseball.

There are 118 games left.

• Thanks 2

I just might try to get him on the cheap. when I said he is on pace for 15/44 I was making a joke of it (he is on pace for 15/44) but then realized he has played like crap.

24 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

I just might try to get him on the cheap.

Good luck. Had to pay a ton a few weeks ago and sounds like others are paying a high price as well.

He's pretty much morphed into your generic low average speedster.

I can’t wait until September when dudes will be like, “There’s 30 games left!” 😂

4 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

do you think he gets sent back to the minors ?

Nah, straight to bagging groceries

2 hours ago, mlb2019 said:

I just might try to get him on the cheap. when I said he is on pace for 15/44 I was making a joke of it (he is on pace for 15/44) but then realized he has played like crap.

For what it’s worth his xHR is over 7 up to this point so if we use that he would be on pace for 25/45. Not saying he’s actually on pace for that but saying luck aside the way he’s hit the ball he is a  25/45 guy so far which is pretty damn good 

Every time I check the box score for his recent AB it says "lined out to..." 

At some point this man should catch a damn break.