Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Jose Ramirez 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

also his lefty-righty splits are interesting. Hitting 279 with 2 hrs and 3 rbis against lefties.  Hitting 179 with 2hrs and 14 rbis against righties.  He has substantially more at bats against righties obviously so that's suppressing his overall numbers a bit.  Maybe as they face more lefties over the course of the season his numbers will normalize a little bit.   

And also continues to show how this season for him makes little sense, as he's always been pretty much just as good from the left side of the plate.

really in a nice groove lately. Here are his 2 doubles from the other night in Boston. The ground rule double had an exit velocity of 107.5

MintyLiveBuckeyebutterfly-size_restricte

showed signs of life end of last week then back to Ofers his last 2 games.  It's getting late early with this guy!

Fun stat.  Nolan Arenado had as many RBIs in his last home stand (10 games), as Jose does on the entire season. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Fun stat.  Nolan Arenado had as many RBIs in his last home stand (10 games), as Jose does on the entire season. 

THATS NOT FUN!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

the funny thing is based off production this dude is literally close to drop worthy. He's Billy Hamilton with some power upside which makes him barely roster able.

The only reason he would be scooped is because of his name and performance from almost a year ago...lol!

Edited by JetsAwesome

2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

the funny thing is based off production this dude is literally close to drop worthy. He's Billy Hamilton with some power upside which makes him barely roster able.

The only reason he would be scooped is because of his name and performance from almost a year ago...lol!

and the 2 years before last year....

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 3

Friend forwarded me this from another site he reads:

Player A: 42 games, 21 runs, 3 hr, 12 rbi, 14 sb, .110 ISO

Player B: 58 games, 20 runs, 4 hr, 17 rbi, 14 sb, .107 ISO.

I think we all would take player A since he played in about 27% fewer games.

Player A is Mallex Smith
Player B is Jose Ramirez

• Like 3

On 6/3/2019 at 9:42 AM, mlb2019 said:

this guy stinks.

Agree. Stinks is putting it mildly. He's not going to breakout of it anytime soon. He sucks. 

Really makes me ponder if this dude was on the juice.

• Like 2

Yeah this isn’t the best situation, [...] he’s going to breakout of this...prolly will bust out the last 2 months of the season. And who ever hangs tight or owns him will win the league. My hott take. Lol 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I really think I’m cutting him after this week.  This is just absurd levels of trash.  If anyone in my league picks him up, well good luck I say.

8 hours ago, Z06vette said:

so many of them do. they are "professionals" and it you bat .300 you are elite.

7 hours ago, Thewizardnj said:

Yeah this isn’t the best situation, [...] he’s going to breakout of this...prolly will bust out the last 2 months of the season. And who ever hangs tight or owns him will win the league. My hott take. Lol 

Not possible unless the rest of your team is doing really good and/or you have had Jose on your bench for a while and still will until those final 2 months.  He's such a drain on teams that I doubt very many people are winning their leagues right now with him.

9 hours ago, Z06vette said:

If true, then why would he have stopped?  If you get suspended, then you might stop.  Otherwise, you don't.

Hitting all of those HRs last season really killed Jose long term.  He's been an utter disaster ever since they played Boston last season and he tried to hit HRs to keep pace with J.D., whether he ever admits it or not.  The thing that makes no sense in regards to his approach is how he's never fixed it if that is the case, although now this season teams have adjusted to how they pitch him.

Before last season, he was a great hitter with great gap power.  I doubt he was juiced then, and doing that for 2 years straight was no fluke.  Doing it 2 years in a row doesn't qualify as one.  I guess teams don't pay attention to .300 hitters that hit double after double, which makes no sense, but I'm guessing he didn't get a steady diet of offspeed/breaking pitches or fastballs up and away back then.  He can't hit any of that.  At least not anymore.

50 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Not possible unless the rest of your team is doing really good and/or you have had Jose on your bench for a while and still will until those final 2 months.  He's such a drain on teams that I doubt very many people are winning their leagues right now with him.

If true, then why would he have stopped?  If you get suspended, then you might stop.  Otherwise, you don't.

Hitting all of those HRs last season really killed Jose long term.  He's been an utter disaster ever since they played Boston last season and he tried to hit HRs to keep pace with J.D., whether he ever admits it or not.  The thing that makes no sense in regards to his approach is how he's never fixed it if that is the case, although now this season teams have adjusted to how they pitch him.

Before last season, he was a great hitter with great gap power.  I doubt he was juiced then, and doing that for 2 years straight was no fluke.  Doing it 2 years in a row doesn't qualify as one.  I guess teams don't pay attention to .300 hitters that hit double after double, which makes no sense, but I'm guessing he didn't get a steady diet of offspeed/breaking pitches or fastballs up and away back then.  He can't hit any of that.  At least not anymore.

When you juice you cycle unless you want to have major problems real fast and increase the risk of getting caught. So, there will be times when you're off the juice. Now the smart guys will do things to maintain strength and muscle they've gained. Some like to call it bridging.between cycles. Even during this time you're taking stuff, which I'm sure is considered banned substances by MLB.

Think about this for a second from a baseball perspective and not from a Indians fan perspective. I mean no disrespect when saying this. Dude was almost a 40/40 guy last year. Dude is barley hitting over .200 right now. I've heard from many baseball players over the years, once a hitter always a hitter. Sure there will be slumps and periods of being cold as ice. Happens to he best. Another month and we're half way through the season, if this guy is still struggling many more will begin to ponder if they haven't already is/was J-Ram a product of PED's.

I'm not a hater and I don't wish bad things for J-Ram, especially considering I'm a Lindor owner, and too be honest, I really don't care whose taking what. I actually loved the roid years and I enjoy baseball now. Just let them play.

Edited by Z06vette
  • Like 1

If he’s on the juice?...come on guys...if u haven’t noticed it’s been prolly one of the weirdest starts to a year in baseball one can remember. The hits aren’t falling but he’s hitting the ball hard...The dongs will come. If u have faith in the team uve drafted anything can happen. Adapt or die...and right now Jram is a bench, pick some1 up to fill weekly or daily. But don’t bring up “juicing” that sounds like ur high school girlfriend breaking up with you. “Jram and I were so in loving going into senior year but he stoped juicing, now it’s over” Come on. 

36 minutes ago, Thewizardnj said:

If he’s on the juice?...come on guys...if u haven’t noticed it’s been prolly one of the weirdest starts to a year in baseball one can remember. The hits aren’t falling but he’s hitting the ball hard...The dongs will come. If u have faith in the team uve drafted anything can happen. Adapt or die...and right now Jram is a bench, pick some1 up to fill weekly or daily. But don’t bring up “juicing” that sounds like ur high school girlfriend breaking up with you. “Jram and I were so in loving going into senior year but he stoped juicing, now it’s over” Come on. 

The 'roids speculation didnt come out of nowhere. JoRam was never profiled as a power hitter in the minors. Then 3 years ago, his power just "blossomed". Last year, there were reports/rumors about him and PEDs. Nothing came from it but months after, his decline began with the last 2 months of the season and it has carried over into this season, going on 3 months now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thewizardnj said:

I moved on from him a while back so I really don't care if he comes around or not, but the bolded part is why I don't see much changing. He's NOT hitting the ball hard. In fact his average exit velocity is right at league average, and his hard hit rate is well below league average. There is literally nothing in his profile that suggests a monster power streak is coming.

With that said, his underlying metrics for 2018 weren't great either, which again (feel like I've asked this multiple times in this thread) begs the question of what type of player he really is. He doesn't profile as a 35+ homer guy, he profiles more like a 15-25 homer guy.

• Like 1

[...] My honest suggestion is to put feelers out in your league just to see what you can get. He probably breaks out at some point but what are the chances of him being close to what you drafted him as? He’s sinking teams so badly it’s crazy from two sides, one you expected a ~300 hitter with a 30/30 line but have plugged in a 200 hitter with a ~10/40 with no counting stats.

Edited by tonycpsu

I'm holding...and holding out hope.  The SB's put a little ointment on the wound while waiting.  CBS put him in a fantasy article this week "10 Players we can't figure out"...as #1.  After stating the obvious about his under performance this year, they state " Yet his plate discipline remains stellar — the strikeout rate, the exit velocity, basically his entire batted-ball profile."  

So...Hope is a strategy for me on this one.

27 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I'm holding...and holding out hope.  The SB's put a little ointment on the wound while waiting.  CBS put him in a fantasy article this week "10 Players we can't figure out"...as #1.  After stating the obvious about his under performance this year, they state " Yet his plate discipline remains stellar — the strikeout rate, the exit velocity, basically his entire batted-ball profile."  

So...Hope is a strategy for me on this one.

They must be looking at different data than me. This all looks very very average.

spacer.png

Edited by bradwatson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

They must be looking at different data than me. This all looks very very average.

spacer.png

Thanks...now I'm thoroughly confused.

But, since I am never a sell low guy, I'll hold and bench until he heats up (hopefully).

• Like 1