Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Jose Ramirez 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

I think any chance we had at getting this guy at a discount next year are gone.

considering he was a top 5 ADP guy going into the year, its almost certainly a discount compared to that 😝

5 hours ago, Del Rio said:

I think any chance we had at getting this guy at a discount next year are gone.

he prob wont make it into the first though.  maybe early to mid 2nd which i think is a solid risk/reward. but i agree, he may have fell to the 3rd before yesterday

Would you take him over Breg,Arenado,Soto.Story.Lindor/Rendon/Freeman? You can make the case due to his speed/ceiling over some of these guys i think but these are all really safe picks. 

Then you got the big 4 SP max,Cole,Degrom,Verlander. Some guys wont take sps early but obv these guys are 1st-,mid 2nd round caliber choices. 

Obv top 5 is going to be Acuna/Trout/Yelich/Cody/Betts in most drafts. 

Then you have Devers/Xander/Turner/Marte/Yordan/Tatis grouping and I think the only one of these guys i take over him would be Turner and not sure i want Turner over him i think its close but SS is deep.

Yeah i think for me early to mid 2nd is the spot. If he is falling late 2nd im going to end up with a ton of him next season I know that.

Edited by buzzkilloton

41 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Would you take him over Breg,Arenado,Soto.Story.Lindor/Rendon/Freeman? You can make the case due to his speed/ceiling over some of these guys i think but these are all really safe picks. 

Then you got the big 4 SP max,Cole,Degrom,Verlander. Some guys wont take sps early but obv these guys are 1st-,mid 2nd round caliber choices. 

Obv top 5 is going to be Acuna/Trout/Yelich/Cody/Betts in most drafts. 

Then you have Devers/Xander/Turner/Marte/Yordan/Tatis grouping and I think the only one of these guys i take over him would be Turner and not sure i want Turner over him i think its close but SS is deep.

Yeah i think for me early to mid 2nd is the spot. If he is falling late 2nd im going to end up with a ton of him next season I know that.

Breg,Arenado,Soto.Story.Lindor/Rendon/Freeman? - NO

max,Cole,Degrom,Verlander. - Probably not

Devers/Xander/Turner/Marte/Yordan/Tatis.  -this is the group i put him in.  the SB may put him ahead of Devers, Xander, Yordan.  gonna bean interesting first couple rounds next year.

I'd take Jose over Rendon and Freeman since I don't think Rendon duplicates this next season and while Freeman is really good, I think the SBs push Jose ahead of him.

Regardless, I'm just going to continue to sit back and enjoy the remaining ride now, especially since we weren't supposed to be getting any of the ABs he's giving us in the final days.

He continues to warrant plenty of respect as well, especially his willingness to really push himself to get back before he was supposed to.  I already really liked him for his hustle and the amount of work he puts in, but in an era where too many players either get babied or don't care enough to push themselves, he's out there as if he belongs in the good old days.

51 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I'd take Jose over Rendon and Freeman since I don't think Rendon duplicates this next season and while Freeman is really good, I think the SBs push Jose ahead of him.

Regardless, I'm just going to continue to sit back and enjoy the remaining ride now, especially since we weren't supposed to be getting any of the ABs he's giving us in the final days.

He continues to warrant plenty of respect as well, especially his willingness to really push himself to get back before he was supposed to.  I already really liked him for his hustle and the amount of work he puts in, but in an era where too many players either get babied or don't care enough to push themselves, he's out there as if he belongs in the good old days.

you might be reaching if you take him at 8 or something tho.  u might be able to get him in the 2nd...with someone like Turner as a fallback if you really want the SB

Edited by jfazz23

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

you might be reaching if you take him at 8 or something tho.  u might be able to get him in the 2nd...with someone like Turner as a fallback if you really want the SB

It's definitely possible you could get Jose in the 2nd round next season.  I was just stating that I would take him over those two players, and I wouldn't draft either of them in the first round.  That's another story for the thread for next season that's already floating around though.